Options

London 10K Valentines Love Run

Comments

• Options
    Hi Everyone

Please put numbers on the front of your tshirts, sorry for the confusion!

Vici Richardson
    PPUK

• Options
    I've just checked the pack and read that in fact it's all tarmac so there's no mud to worry about (sorry Valerie).

• Options
    Thanks for clearing all that up for me. Especially about the mud - thought I would need to race in my wellies!
  • Options
    I ran this race this morning and had a championship chip, but where do i find out my time?!
  • Options
    I have just got my time. I typed in Love Run 2007 results and I think the site which came up was called Raceahead? Try it and see. Well done by the way!
  • Options
    Hi

I hope you all enjoyed the run! times will be on www.ppuk.org this evening, but the raceahead is the correct site.

Vici
    PPUK
  • Options
    I've just done this race - my first 10km and have just checked my time and found it was under an hour! But does anyone know the difference between the gun time and the chip time?
  • Options
    Gun time is the time between when the race actually started - "Ready, Steady, GO" - and when you actually crossed the finish line.

Chip time is the time between when you crossed the red matt at the start and when you crossed the finish line.

Not everyone starts at the physical start line - can be up to 20m behind it when the gun goes - therefore the 2 times.

The chip time is a better/more accurate time for your 10k run.

Hope that makes sense.

Anyone know what website will be used for the photos of the event?
  • Options
    http://www.raceahead.net/SearchEvents.aspx

Scroll for PPUK London Love Run

Either put in your race number - or, if you've lost it, use Advanced Search and put in your surname.
  • Options
    what's the web address to get the results at?
  • Options
    I did a PB - 52.34 - I'm well pleased. It was a fairly good course for doing a PB - nice and flat. Though some of the corners were a bit awkward, and overtaking was tough on the first lap (probably a good thing - kept my speed down, and saved some energy).

Organisation could be tidied up. Having the t-shirt tent so far from the start meant people were turning up a little bit late.
    And the water station wasn't well marshalled. I didn't try for a bottle, but I saw some runners having to rip open the packs themselves. And a couple of park tramps blocked the water station for a while.

The chap collecting the chips managed to irritate several runners by wandering around, often away from people. Two static boxes, one either side of the finish would have been a better idea. Having a guy wandering round meant that nobody knew where he was at any one time. And the fact that he was grumpy and grumbling wasn't nice.

A time clock at the finish would also be appreciated.
  • Options
    anyone know where the photo's of the event will be?
  • Options
    We were given a yellow leaflet at the end which said they can be found on the following site in the next few days www.imagetogo.net/go/?13476
    I am not sure if there were more than one photographer there though..
  • Options
    Thanks VTW..

I never got a yellow leaflet :(
  • Options
    Been on to the site but they are not on there yet. Hopefully my photo didnt break the camera. I was really impressed with how quickly the results were available. Thanks PPUK. Good luck with your fundraising.
  • Options
    Loved the fact the last 1km is about 400m short :-). Not doubting the entire race distance though ;-).

Shame about the two girls on the water station; One of them held out a bottle and took it away as I reached out to get it. Never mind, just one of those things!
    (But I do prefer to be handed a cup rather than a bottle).

On the plus side, Battersea Park is ideal for a good time, and the chip timming is always welcome. Organisation went smoothly for such a big field.
  • Options

There are quite a few criticisms about the organisation of the run on the Ratings. And I notice some of the same negative comments on previous years. Lack of interest and enthusiasm from those involved, and poor organisation.

It would be nice if some of the criticisms were taken on board by the organisers, and improvements put in place. Perhaps get a runners club involved - people who know what other runners want and expect.
  • Options
    Dont tell me the run was shorter than it should have been. I ran with my ipod sensor and that said it was longer than 10k and I worked it out on the Marathon route site and that made it a bit longer too. Someone's measuring stick is wrong. Still, whats 400m between friends.
  • Options
    Think the distance markers were slightly squiffy rather than the whole distance, so no worries there Valerie :-)
  • Options
    Ok, thanks. There was me really bragging to everyone that I had run 10k and I might not have done! I thought it was a bit confusing have to count your own laps as I am sure some people came off after only 2 - well I would like to think they did because they were much faster than me :)
  • Options
    The markers were so inaccurate to be pointless (in fact it would have been better not to have them) - but the distance was exactly 10K - check out Gmaps Pedometer: http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=701286
  • Options
    http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=701286

I've just noticed we now have the ability to put in live links.
  • Options
    Well I'm glad the last 1km was shorter otherwise I don't think I would have made it under an hour...are you sure is was about 400m short?
  • Options
    400m is perhaps an exageration.

However, I was averaging 4:30ish for the first km marker on each lap and was on course for a 46:20 if I'd have done this in the last km. I finished in 44:20 :-)

Consider this too: the distance between the water station and the 1km marker was much longer than the distance between the water station and the finish line.
  • Options
    i think marc is right - i was doing about 4.50 odd per km and somehow managed 2.30 for the last. taking into account a bit of a sprint finish i reckon we were about 300 short in for the last km. And considering i've not broken 50 mins before and did 47.09 i'm not convinced the overall distance was 10km.

not moaning tho, was for an excellant cause and i enjoyed the run very much - ta to all organisers / volunteers
  • Options
    Hi everyone this is my first time in a forum, so it is all a bit alien to me at the moment, but getting the hang of it, enjoying all your comments.
    Anyway you lot seem a lot of fun and was wondering whether anyone would participate in my 5K Superman Run I am organising in Hyde Park on the 24th March. It's a bit of a fun run really and will be raising funds for Cancer Research UK along with raising awarness of Testicular Cancer. The whole event is my own concept and runners will be required to reflect the Superman theme by wearing custom race pants over their gear. These pants will be supplied to you along with your race number and will be covered by the £10 race entry fee (the majority of which will be donated to Cancer Research UK).
    Anyway I can give more details infact all details are available at www.supermanrun.co.uk. Just curious to know if anyone would be interested. Just a bit nervous about managing to recruit enough runners as it is my first event I have organised. Any advice much appriciated. Thanks
  • Options
    The distance between the last marker and the finish line was definitly less than 1Km - however the markers were not proper lined out though the course - they were just stuck together in thier 3 blocks - (1,4,7), (2,5,8) and (3,6,9)...

However overall do we think the course was actually less than 10k's?
  • Options
    Hi scratch - check this link http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=701286 - it shows that the race was 10k, but that the markers were very wrong.
  • Options
    Photos are now on the site www.imagetogo.net/go/?13476
    shows how important it was to wear your number on your front. Thanks for that advice. Not that I liked my photos sadly. Sure my legs are too short and thats why I am so slow. Oh well.