Options

Oldham Mayoral Half Marathon

I can find a few fleeting references to the Oldham Mayoral Half Marathon taking place at 11am on 1st April, but nothing about entering anywhere.

Does anyone know where more information is available? And is anyone else intending to do it?

I did it last year and it absolutely destroyed me (I hadn't recovered from an illness as much as I thought). Its a very, very tough course raising constantly for the first 6/7 miles - which is just the kind of half-marathon I need to begin my tapering for the London Marathon really.

Comments

• Options
    WD - I may be interested in this as a final fling before FLM. I am doing Liverpool Half the week before though and had targeted this date for a 22 miler, Could however be tempted by a tough half run a bit faster. not been able to find any entry details though
  • Options
    I'm just waiting to receive an entry form from the organiser and then it will be on my site - I'll chase him up tonight.
  • Options
    I'll keep my eye out for the forms then - thanks for that.

I've got a few races around this time. I'm doing Stafford 20 one week, Silverstone half the next, Liverpool half the next, then this one. I'm not really bothered too much about my times in those races, just want some hard runs in the weekend and some easier long runs mid-week.
  • Options
    form now received and on my site - you can access it here:

www.ukresults.net/entries.html
  • Options
    Considering doing this one again. Did it a couple of years ago as my first half and would be interested to see if I've improved any. It's also my home town and I don't get up there much so an added incentive to go up north. May see some of you on April Fools day :o)))
  • Options
    Hi guys

Just added an observation on the Buxton Half marathon thread, wondering which was the toughest Oldham or Buxton. I've done Oldham for the last few years but giving it a rest this year, it's the week after Wilmslow and thought I would have a go at Grizedale 10 the day before. Anyway for those wanting a hard race welcome to Oldham, it must boast one of the most unusual medals, a horse brass, weighs a ton around your neck when you are tired.
    Good luck I will come and cheer you on.

Paul