10 alt squats,
30 sec rec,
10 twist stretchs each side,
100m sprint,
10 claps under each leg,
100m,
10 burpees,
400m rec

repeat 2 more times............... (4.25m)

Fri - 6m Ssteady
Sat - 6.5m Recovery
Sun - 17.25m LSR

52 miles for week - joint best for me ever.....

Comments

• Options
    JEvaNsJEvaNs ✭✭✭
    Hello.....

Very poor week from me due to circumstances/life/forgetfulness.

Mon: rest
    Tues: 6 aerobic miles with club
    Wes: 3.75 early miles
    Thurs: forced rest (no time for anything!)
    Fri: 70-80 lengths of swimming
    Sat: forced rest (forgot to take trainers away for the weekend with me!
    Sun: Nowt - too much travelling and shattered after the hen night last night.

So a right royal rubbish week!!! Still, I figure there will be some benefit in have a few days off....?!??! Have been eating junk too so feeling generally under the weather at the moment. Hope to manage a 4 miler tomorrow morning to start next week as I mean to go on!

RFJ - sounds like a good circuit type session there. Reminds me that's another session I missed this week. Boohooooo!
  • Options
    Still finding my feet again since the food poisoning last week. Added a couple of unscheduled low-key races to keep things interesting.

M: 40mins easy, 75mins slow
    T: 40mins easy, 5 x 1200m @ target track 10km pace (3:54, 3:54, 3:51, 3:51, 3:47)
    W: 40mins easy, 40mins easy
    T: 40min easy, 30mins inc 5 x 200m on track
    F: 20mins, 5km race*, 20mins
    S: 30mins inc 1M fast
    S: Benfleet 15**

About 75 miles for the week.

* Aim was to run 3km @ 10km pace, then pick up. Actually found myself in no-man's land in 2nd place so didn't really bother pushing on - last 2km were 3:18, 3:14. Finished 2nd overall, first senior man, in 16:35. Winner took a wrong turn but somehow managed to teleport to the finish in 15:50.

** Instead of LSR. 90% offroad, ankle deep in mud, gates, styles and windy in parts. Wore HR monitor and was staying under 80% of max until the last mile, which I ran in 5:13 depite uneven terrain and a few sharp hills. That was good for 8th overall - 1hr 36ish. Winner was just over 1hr30.
  • Options
    Done Oregon Circuits in the past myself RFJ - they are a great strength session while having the aerobic element that makes them fairly running specific. They certainly can leave you gasping. Where I do circuits at the moment though doesn't have the space for all the sprinting between stations involved in Oregon circuits.

My week:

Mon: 65min steady (AM); circuits (PM)
    Tue: 65 steady
    Wed: 40-45 easy (am); 6x35-40 sec efforts @ approx 800/1500 pace (jog back to start point) (pm)
    Thu: 48min tempo - more restrained than normal tempo runs due to racing on Saturday
    Fri: 35-40 easy inc strides

Sat: North of England XC champs - Controlled my pace sensibly on 1st of three laps but nonetheless beginning to move through by end of the lap amd was about 25th going on to the second lap. Carried on picking off runners to start the last lap in 22nd, confident that I would move into top 20 on last lap. The heaviest section of mud at the start of the lap though took the strength dramatically out of my legs and instead of moving through, the runner I had been battling with moved away from me and I was battling in 23rd/24th/25th with two other runners, towards the end of the lap one dropped back slightly, and I got a slight gap from the other on the last downhill, but he was always closing in the finish straight and although I thought I was strong enough to hold him off, he got me in the last couple of strides, both of us being given the same time but I ended up 24th. Overall a satisfying run, I improved 5 places from last year, but was just over 1:50 behind the winner, compared to just over 2:50 last year (Andi Jones of Salford in both years) and less than a minute outside the top ten so I feel the improvement was greater than the position showed.
  • Options
    NN d-lurks

JEJ ? regular recreational runner !!!
  • Options
    Still broken :-(

No FLM for me this year.

Looking for a suitable autumn alternative, thinking Berlin, New York or Amsterdam. Have done Berlin previously and think that this is the fastest route I've seen so far.

Hope everyone is training and racing well.

cheers
  • Options
    This week wasn't a high one for me, and to be expected considering there was a race this weekend. Often I am more cuatious than I need to be - where races are concerned I usually just taper a bit when I could probably get mostly the same mileage in.

22/01/2007 - 1.05 mile warm up + 16x300m (3 miles inc slow jogs after each rep) + 2.6 total warmdown

23/01/2007 - 5.08 miles early pm
    - 8.1 miles late pm

24/01/2007 - 3 miles late pm
    1 mile warm up + 5x 1 mile reps + 1.65 warmdown

25/01/2007 - 10.05 miles late pm

26/01/2007 - 6.05 miles easy pm

27/01/2007 - 3 miles easy late pm

28/01/2007 - 1.57 miles early pm w/u
    2.44 miles XC Race
    2.19 miles w/d
    1.85 miles w/d

All in all, 57.63 miles. Higher/normal targets next week.
  • Options
    Tom.Tom. ✭✭✭
    This was supposedly an easier week. In some respects it was - no long run and no hill reps, but some of the easy running was a bit quicker than plannned, and the Saturday effort was a bit of a blast, though it didn't really feel ike that until the last couple of miles. So.....

Mon: 50 mins steady, pm 35 mins steray, evening strength work.
    Tues: 10 miles on road at 6:50 pace
    Wed: am 50 mins steady, pm 35 mins steady, evening strength work
    Thurs: 9 miles aon road at 6:55 pace
    Fri: am 40 mins easy, pm 40 mins easy, evening strengthening work
    Sat: 9 miles at 6:27 pace (so miuch for restraint!!)
    Sunday: 15 miles off road and on hills

That's about 75 miles for the week - well within the 70-80 miles a week target for this current phase.

Next weeks key sessions are 5x5 mins on grass and 30 mins continuous "Kenyan Hills". At the mpment, I'm not quite sure where I am - probably need a 5m/10k race to benchmark progress.
  • Options
    RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Lyrics - Learning to fly by Pink Floyd.
  • Options
    Hello all

Monday Rest
    Tuesday 8 miles w/ 10x100m strides
    Wednesday 11 miles (75% maxHR)
    Thursday 4 miles very easy (treadmill <70%)
    Friday 11 miles (75% maxHR)
    Saturday 5 miles very easy (treadmill <70%)
    Sunday 15 miles (increasing pace from 75% to 80% maxHR)

54 miles

Enjoyable week with no problems. Long run made me realise how far backwards I've slipped-15 miles seemed like a long way and I was well over a minute a mile slower than very similar runs of 3-6 months ago. Feel good after the week though.

Looking forward to coming week, especially first tempo run in a while on Tuesday.
  • Options
    Afternoon All - can I crash your thread? Am training for FLM and my training for last week looks a bit pants compared to some peeps on here but will give me some inspiration.. here is week 4

Monday : Rest Day
    Tuesday: 9 mile tempo run
    Wednesday: 9.5 miles easy
    Thursday: 8.5 tempo
    Friday: Rest
    Saturday: 8.5 easy
    Sunday: 2:30 long run - 18M

Total for the week - 52.2
  • Options
    RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Don't knock yourself down JB.... thats good milage and trg.
  • Options
    JEvaNsJEvaNs ✭✭✭
    JB - how are you able to fit in such long runs? I really admire it, and I know you need your rest, but have your tried a couple of shorter runs in the week rather than so many 8+ ones? Would your leg cope with a 3 miler instead of a rest day?

Not knocking your training though - it's fab! I post on here to make everyone feel good about themselves....!!!!!! I hope in 6 months time I am doing things along the lines of your "pants" week last week!!!!!
  • Options
    Jelly Bebe - that looks like a solid week's marathon training to me; well structured with exactly the right kind of quality. Also good to see that you're running 2.5hrs in January - I feel that a lot of schedules leave these endurance sessions a bit late in the plan to build the necessary endurance to race around 26.2.
    What's the target time?
  • Options
    JB like people have said..you are building a solid base.

Mon:6.5 easy
    Tues:11 miles with 5 @ lactate threshold pace.
    Weds:12
    Thur:6.5
    Fri:Rest
    Sat: 10.5 xc race NoE Champs
    Sun: 17

Total: 59
  • Options
    Nice to see I'm not the only one on here who did the Area XC champs as they're great events. How did you get on at Heaton Park tigerrunner?