Options

G3 10K XC March 2007

RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
Well in my case 1 and a bit done and possibly 1 to go........

Managed 6m pain free today, no reation from ankle after Sats twist going up first assent........

Don't know eyt about March, will have to see how the ankle is.........

Comments

• Options
    Good to hear the news RFJ. You know that you WILL be there in March.

This is the 3rd thread on March...shall we stick to this one until then?
  • Options
    RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Sounds good to me, when I set this up last night the site was saying that there were no other trhreads for this......

Hope to be there on the 3rd for the 3rd race.....
  • Options
    3rd March is my birthday, this is my present, to me. I might even go round twice.
  • Options
    Dustboy,

I am sure Toby can arrange a birthday bonus...how about twice up the back passage!! If you will pardon the expression!!
  • Options
    I am not so sure Toby would like to be my "bitch" for the day. LOL.
  • Options
    RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Things are going from bad to worse here...

was diagnosed as having suspected viral pneumonia yesterday at the hospital. All trg stopped till docs give me all clear could be 2 weeks could be 2 months...

Take care
  • Options
    Sh*t RFJ, and all I did was crash my car this morning.

Look after yourself
  • Options
    RFJ - I missed this. Sorry to hear.

Get well soon...there is no getting out of Martha's back passage that easily!!
  • Options
    RFJ, how's it going? What is the prognosis?

If you can't make it, and you would like a go sometime when you are better, let me know and I'll show you round, eventually, in an hour 15. TH2 is much quicker though!
  • Options
    Its all quiet among the G3 boys!!

RFJ still looks like a casualty. How is everyone elso. Almost your birthday Dustboy.

How's the trainging going??
  • Options
    Missed the first two due to illnes but I'm now dosed up with antibiotics and I WILL make it this time.
  • Options
    Been slacking on the hill training a bit, haven't got round to running St. Marthas at all this time!

I ran round Bewl Water in Kent (just under 13 miles) in prep for the Tunbridge Wells half this weekend. Road running is so boring compared to the G3. Can't Toby do a two lap race instead?

Wozza (Glutton for punishment)
  • Options
    Oh God, nearly 46 years old. Not done the proper training due to trying to get ready for this swimathon thing 24th March which my mate insisted I have a go at. 200 bloomin' lengths.

Managed an hours five a side immediately followed by a 5.4 mile tempo run last Wed but it destroyed me.

Probably do Windle Valley 10K handicap tomorrow as a sharpener but carryign too many pounds to make good on Saturday.

Wozza, I am still tempted to carry out my threat and to go round twice.

RFJ, what's news?
  • Options
    PS, I reckon the March course will be quite fast, despite MBP.

Have you seen the write up in RW this month chaps/esses
  • Options
    RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Greetings all,

Thanks for the comments, much appriciated....

Had first run back yesterday a 5m backed up with 7m today, so far feeling good and human again.

However Will not run the G3 next sat as a precaution, due to length and stamina efforts req and risk of injuring ankle again, so will opt for the speedwork of BPTT 5K. (Theres no MPB there......... or sandy hills to trap ankles.....)

Hope you all have a great race. Hope to be back next year though.
  • Options
    May catch you at BPTT some time then. If you fancy it, there is always the Dorset Demon 16........., great cake too. And tea.

Anyway, off to bed, 10K handicap in the morning. Think handicap will be high! Well easy so as not to blow the pot for next week.

Keep in touch RFJ.
  • Options
    RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Whens the DD 16 Dustboy.
  • Options
    September. 9th I think. Real knee muncher.
  • Options
    5 days to go and its still very quiet here!!!

So slightly easier course this time...lots more time to get ready or the back passage and only 3/4 of the climb this time!!

Still it will be a toughy as always...the two traverses across the fields below Newlands Corner are ofne v slippy and hard work underfoot especially the last traverse. If its muddy, that section is hard work at the end.

The climb back up to the church is a short sharp shocker - worse than it looks and then the final climb up after the farm to sap the remaining energy.

Why do we do it?

Sorry that RFJ is still not 100% but sounds like the correct decision.

My legs still feel very heavy after 30m XC marathon arounf Devils Punchsbowl two weeks ago. i hope I get some energy back before Saturday!!!
  • Options
    Boing..just for the sake of it!
  • Options
    RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Have a great day you guys.......

Enjoy MBP......... I'll be thinking of you.

Seems I am now finding some resemblance of running again, and getting stronger with it.

Take care
  • Options
    I've gone down with ANOTHER stinking cold. See you all next year.
  • Options
    Another superb race. So thanks again to Toby, Rory and the excellent marshalls. After the storm during the night, the weather was perfect. Hard to tell which was harder Feb or March. On paper the Feb route was harder, but today felt tougher for some reasons. Still ran faster than Feb and beat some people who beat me last time, so that was an improvement.

Happy Birthday Dustboy. Sorry I felt a bit antisocial at the end...bit embarassed that I had forgotten the name of the guy I was talking to and it was difficult to make any introductions! I looked for your afterwards but you must have gone. Well done on the PB!

Shame that they are all over for another year. There something about these events that makes them my favourite runs of the year. Roll on Jan 2008!
  • Options
    Top race as usual, felt much harder but I think that was because I went off far too quickly nd also MBP was much later on in the race. Nevertheless, was very surprised and pleased to get PB by just under a minute.

So, the big question.....did I go round again?

Well, sort of, went back out and followed the January course up to the top of Martha. Then the blisters all kicked in at once while my legs went to sleep. Came back the February route so maybe an extra 3-3.5 miles. Struggling now though and ITB giving mild pain.

Great to see everyone again, TH2, Wozza, Toby, Rory (Ithink it was him that shouted at me and pushed me to a PB), Carol, who I beat this time (she beat me Feb and Jan we finished together) and Mary who sauntered past me (again) at about 8K. And the rugby guy who is also doing Dunsfold.

What happened to the ambulance guy? Is he OK? Toby?
  • Options
    Yeh, hope ambulance guy is ok, not nice to see. Paramedics didnt seem to concerned though.

Gutted its over for another year, Fleet 1/2 coming up, Dunsfold, may be Clandon.

My first year of G3, thanks Toby and the team for a cracking series, I am hooked!
  • Options
    Clandon looks good.
  • Options
    Dustboy,

I thought you were joking about going round again!!! You must have had some extra juice in the tank as it was your birthday (or you didn't run heard enough in the race!?!!)

Shame that the series in over for 2007 - sub 56 for the last one, so I was just getting into the swing of things.

• Options
    RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Well done all.

Hopefully will be there next year. Bit gutting so far the year Ive had.

But now getting back on track a bit.
  • Options
    Good luck with the recovery RFJ