Options

BNFL 10K 1 September

Eve of race nerves! Anyone around who has done this before or is aware of back of pack times? I am recently back to running after a gap of a few years and this is my first 10K. I will be pleased if I get round in an hour (used to do 53 mins). Will everyone have gone home or will there be others of a similar 'speed'? Can anyone reassure me?

Comments

• Options
    Hi Pauline,

Sorry I'm too late to offer reassurance but I did that run today with my friend Tina (my second ever 10k). I found it really tough due to the heat and very little shade on the route. We were so exhausted by the end we forgot to get our exact finish time! Waiting for them to be posted on the net... somewhere around 56mins we think. I hope your run went well... I can't wait for autumn!!!
  • Options
    Congratulations to everypne that took part and thanks to all the marshalls i got a PB so am well pleased with the day the results can be found here Results I hope that appears as a link
    Dave

talk about you days racing at www.runnerschat.com
  • Options
    Thanks Dave and congrats on your PB... I'm off to see if I got one too now!
    Laura
  • Options
    Wasn't it hot! I did 62.16 in the end, couldn't quite get under the hour. But given the heat I'm not disappointed. Just a shame that the T-shirt is too tight! Yes, I need to lose some weight.

Well done everybody. See you at the next event.