Options

Orion 15

2»

Comments

• Options
    What a great way to spend a Saturday afternoon. I had some stomach trouble so had to jog/walk the last 3 miles but it was going quite well until then.

A disappointing lack of mud I thought apart from a few swampy bits but I'm sure that after a weeks rain it would be a real quagmire.

A memento would be nice for such a special event.

I usually don't do races more than once because I'm always looking for something new but I will definitely do this again and try to get it right.
  • Options
    fantastic race, great scenery, really good spirit, excellent (and patient marshalls), free tea, and plenty of hills...

really enjoyed it, and will definitely be back next year...
  • Options
    Orion definately put on a very nice event.
    What a great playground you guys got next to your clubhouse!

It was a pretty miserable afternoon for standing around so many thanks to all the marshalls.
  • Options
    Just popping in to say thanks to the organisers and marshalls for yesterday. Agreed it was bloody freezing so standing around was really brave!

Ooh and thanks for the fizz at the end!
  • Options
    What a fantastic way to spend Saturday afternoon.

No slur on Reading but why do the big urban-type runs like Reading attract so many thousands of entries when they could be out having fun on this type of race. I guess it wouldn't quite be the same with 2,000 on the start line - so maybe we should keep it secret.

My first time .. and hope I'll have forgotten the pain in 12 mths & be back for more.

Really big thanks to all involved and those marshalls must have got quite cold hanging around - we did appreciate you although not always had the energy to say so. :-}

• Options
    PS - Wondered if anyone can say when the official results will be available.
  • Options
    Dear Dave and Fellow Orion peeps,

Thank you for organising this wonderful XC for us in your lovely back yard of Epping Forest.

The support and friendly marshals were most welcome, and I particularly enjoyed the "boys" in the kitchen in their very fetching wigs.

The prizes were some of the nicest I have ever received.

Thank you for all your hard work.
    Well worth the blood, sweat and tears.
  • Options
    Hi all, Many thanks to Dave and all at Orion for a great race. (a shame that there wasn't more mud!)
    The hills were ok apart from the gulley at 11 miles which turned into a very slow walk and I had nothing left for the last few miles.

The results are on the Orion Website and at http://www.robindefoe.talktalk.net/orion15.html