Options

Hoose is out of here.

Comments

• Options
    sparkler - I never joke. I'm the most miserable bastard on this site. But I don't do huffs...
  • Options
    GD did I ever mention that your dog looks like a bulldog licking piss off a nettle?
  • Options
    Gordon - I am so glad that your post has not been deleted yet.

Giggling to myself :-)
  • Options
    SezzSezz ✭✭✭
    LOL Gordon!! That was funny.

Hoose, everyone has a right to post on this forum including you. Just ignore those that have a go at you. I'm sure Stu is a lovely warm caring person but Hoose can often be a crazy attention-seeking feckwit and it's scary sometimes to think that Hoose is a counsellor in real life.

Hoosey, Chris Evans was talking to a 'listening expert' the other day who said that many people were now training as 'listeners' whose role was just to listen and not get involved. The expert said all counsellors should be locked up coz they were sad lonely people who had so many problems they couldn't face and just fed off other people's problems and took people down a path where they didn't need to go. What do you reckon to that? (Not my view by the way, just repeating what I heard on the radio).

• Options
    Sezz - although I don't agree with all of what you posted, I must agree that counsellors can be more trouble than the help they provide.

A relative of mine started using a counsellor a few years ago and it was almost as if she became hooked on these therapy sessions. She used to fret that she wouldn't have enough money to pay the fees the cousellor charged. Although the sessions were of some help, I believe that if you have at least one close friend, you can receive all the counselling you need from that friend. All counsellors do is listen and guide. They don't make decisions. That is down to the individual. If you have a friend that can sit and listen and give words of encouragement, then you could save yourself a packet. However, there ARE times when a counsellor is worth it's weight in gold.
  • Options
    roflmao @ your previous post!

I think you summed it up
    (My ADs are working and my counsellor is very helpful and I still can't see what all the fuss is)
  • Options
    debbodebbo ✭✭✭
    Sezz - did you make that up? It's Hoose to a t!
  • Options
    SezzSezz ✭✭✭
    No I didn't make it up. The 'listening expert' was on Chris Evans Radio 2 last Thursday evening.

I'm not sure about counsellors. I went to one briefly about 7 years ago and they went down a path that I didn't want/need to go down and bore no relation to what my main issue was. I didn't go back. But then a friend of a friend is a counsellor and a very good one at that.

I've known 3 people who over the last few years have gone through very tough times and none of them have gone to a counsellor. They've all accepted, to a degree, what happened and got on with life (although I accept not everyone is that strong).

• Options
    But surely Sezz there MUST come a time that everyone HAS to move on and get on with life...
  • Options
    Sorry, posted too quickly...

Surely life is all about looking forward to the future, not dwelling on the past.

An idealistic view maybe, but I think there'd be a hellava lot of unhappy people out there if we all looked back instead of forwards...
  • Options
    SezzSezz ✭✭✭
    Agree with you 100% Gordon.
  • Options
    "But surely Sezz there MUST come a time that everyone HAS to move on and get on with life..."

Very true Gordon. Not easy at times, but still true all the same.

Roger Bannister in his book, 'The First Four Minutes' said 'Life can only be lived forwards, even if it only makes sense looking back'.

The reason we look back, is to learn from our mistakes. Whether we do learn or simply dwell on it, is another matter.
  • Options
    SezzSezz ✭✭✭
    And if we didn't make mistakes then we might not learn anything.
  • Options
    There are a few (oh alright, several) people on the forum whose posts and threads I ignore. Mainly because they either post what I consider to be mindless drivel, or insistent attention-seeking ramblings.

Whether they stay or go is of little concern to me, therefore. And there are doubtless folk who view me in the same light.

But if you're gonna go, just go. Don't make a noise about it. If only because when you slink back, you won't look like a fool.
  • Options
    That's the final straw, Muttley, I'm going!!
  • Options
    "Life's like a box of chocolates - you never know what you're going to get."

- Forrest Gump's mum

Well, actually there's pictures of the chocolates on the bottom of the box so you know exactly what you're going to get.

Muppet.
  • Options
    Unless it's a cheapo weirdo box with no 'menu' or where the 'menu' is in a foreign language and you have to try and draw on your sketchy knowledge of Latin to try and decipher it!

I do think there's a place for counsellors. I also think getting a good one is luck of the draw. I once had one who sat and listened and nodded. I gave up in the end. I had a million friends who were prepared to listen and nod. I was looking for a bit of guidance at the time (marriage had just broken down).

You're right GR. Life is about looking forwards but sometimes we need perhaps a little help to let go of the past and stop it from hindering us.
  • Options
    I know some people who have been really very much helped by counselling, one person to the point that it quite possibly saved their life, and definitely turned it around (though superficially they were coping fantastically well before starting).
    Nothing works for everyone though.
  • Options
    "Nothing works for everyone though."

Why didn't you say so before, silly poo!

Everyone should take nothing then!

Although I think Hoose needs a long holiday. How long can you keep posting the same stuff on a running forum and expect people to be sympathetic?
  • Options
    My life was completely turned around (in a positive way) by a clinical psychologist - but there's obviously a world of difference between a psych and a counsellor.

A counsellor once said something to me (in passing, not in consultation) that really helped me to make a difficult decision about a man. I was grateful for that.
  • Options
    "keep posting the same stuff on a running forum and expect people to be sympathetic?"

I'm sure someone else said something eerily similar about another race of people about 65 years ago....

...although I'm sure running never came into it.
  • Options
    It's not always the same people that read though is it?

I don't find it difficult to sympathise with Hoose.

Life's short and if posting on here keeps us ticking over for the time being, then fine. We choose which threads to read and contribute too.
  • Options
    Don't agree with that at all, particularly since you can't tell in advance which threads will have certain comments on.

For those of us who haven't had counselling the endless stream of similar pleas for help can be a little exhausting.

sorry, just the way I feel.
  • Options
    I empathise, (the only real word I learned in my last job!), with Hoose, but it does get wearing when someone keeps coming on here with the 'Woe Is Me' threads...
  • Options
    Ah well, he says that's it now, so you won't be hearing from him again.
  • Options
    He'll be back - - or I hope so. He always takes the heat off me...
  • Options
    Charlotte aged 16 says you're all a bunch of emotional fuckups, really aren't you.

:-D xxx
  • Options
    Charlotte's just jealous. Her time will come.
  • Options
    yes Charlotte your right!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Beebs, that really made me laugh!

:oD