Options

Your favourite medal or other race memento

2»

Comments

• Options

My favourite thing is the slate coaster from snowdonia marathon. I have 3 proudly on display and want a 4th image. My medals are given to my young lad who puts them in his drawer i dont see the point in them and most are cheap looking imo. Tastefull tshirts ideally in tech fabric also get worn but they have to be well designed and simple.

Ive also a signrd race number by Johnny Brownlee that ive kept! Im wearing it in the profile pic!

Nearly forgot mugs are usefull to, got a nice handmade one from Swaledale marathon. image

• Options
    Like Paul G the finishers gilet from the CCC last year, other than that to much, tech t shirts get worn, medals get shoved in a drawer somewhere and anything else gets binned
  • Options
    WiBWiB ✭✭✭

You get a gilet for finishing CCC too!?!?! It all sounds brilliant... I just need to get through the lottery now and then of course run it! image

• Options
    Theres a gilet for every finisher, all you need to do is get yourself over a minimum of 60+ alpine miles in all kinds of weather and it's free! Bargain or what?
  • Options
    WiBWiB ✭✭✭

That is a price I will happily pay image

• Options
    Dan ADan A ✭✭✭

I've got 3 UTMB gilets (2007 one is the best quality) although ruined one of them by trying to shrink it in the wash on mega boil image

Also got a 4 foot long broadsword from winning a multistage ultra a few years back. (it finished in Nottingham so there was a Robin Hood theme).  Couldn't take it home on the train, as getting on the London tube with a backpack and a sword might have seen me getting shot by Special Branch. image

• Options

i also had  Salomon visor and Nike run leggings which were both very nice race momentosimage

• Options

Dan A: now the broadsword sounds like a great momento!

I'd love to earn one of those gilets one day, but I think it will have to wait a few years before Ieven qualify to enter the ballot.image

• Options

id loved to have taken the Broadsword on the tube -just to see the look on peoples faces