Options

Just ran my first Half Marathon distance

I have been a lurker for a good while now with only a few posts so thought I would give an update after a very good day image

In Sept I entered the Belfast marathon for the 5th May, I hadnt done any running just a little walking, i was 32 any not fit. I started the get you around program here and was getting on well, up to about week 6 but then winter came and I couldnt get out much at all. A gym opened up near me so joined up and started going in Dec. Obviously Xmas was in the way as well so I god a few 30 min runs under my belt during that time.

Jan came and I hired a personal trainer for an hour a week, mailny to work on my core strength. I also started back onto the program. A few 30 min runs a week going either fast or up hill then a long slow one on a sunday. I managed to get upto 8 miles on the treadmill.

A couple of weeks ago I ventured out onto the read again expecting to lose a mile or so of my long run. 2 Weeks ago I did a 5 mile run with a few 3 miles after it. Last week I planned for 7 and ended up doing 11 so this week I aimed for 12 and managed 13.3 in 2:02 !!! OK the route I took this week was fairly flat except for the last mile or so but I still didnt expect all this 2 weeks ago..

I have 10 weeks till race day and im starting to feel as if I will be able to do this little race image

Comments