Options

Ultras Why ? and how will it all end

2»

Comments

• Options
    I'm running my first Ultra in May (L2B) and can't wait. People ask me why and I just say why not? For me it's raising the bar from traditional distances and seeking the sense of achievement that not everyone has, especially with Half Marathons becoming more and more popularimage
  • Options

Cragchick yes expedition with a wiff of competition . The spine takes all the motivation discussed on this thread but heightens all the emotional elements (perhaps it,s the sleep depravation) 

• Options

When  they open for 2014 I recon most of the 2013 spiners will enter again . They are talking about 75 for the Spine Challenger and 75 for the full spine. The places will go fast.

This race will never get much larger as the logistics of running CP,s 45miles apart with full serious medical backup (they put 3 stitches in one mans leg in a corner  of a pub). Not to mention that they are running an in house mountain rescue team for 7days continually for runners that may be 80+miles apart. Just getting the right drop bag to the right CP is not easy.  It would not surprise me if before long you will have to have done the Challenger before you can enter the full Spine. The vetting of entries will also become more strict as demand increases.

• Options
    Agree with everything Ian has written re The Spine. I have taken part in both runnings of the event and I love it and 'the Spine family'. It ticks all the boxes for me - adventure, scenery, challenge, camaraderie etc etc . By far the hardest thing I've ever done and my finishers medal will always sit well above all others.