Options

PARENTS

When was the first time and the last time you were embrassed by your parents?

Comments

• Options
    Snap!Snap! ✭✭✭
    I don't think I was ever embarrassed by my parents. Should I be embarrassed about that? Not sure.
  • Options

Never. I was always good.

• Options

Never been embarrased by my dad but, by my mum, frequently. She was still grabbing my hand to cross the road when I was fifteen and that's just the one of many examples.

• Options
    My parents covered me in brass every day. Never did me any harm.
  • Options

Last week.

One of my friends has been spending time with his Girlfriend's family in South Africa this year, he has just come back and I plan to go for a beer with him to catch up. Unfortunately he bumped into my Mother in Sainsbury who told him straight away how I was "his marriage is over now, I suppose you were away when that happened?"

Thanks Mum. Might have wanted to tell him myself but hey ho!!

• Options

my mother would stand in the front garden looking over the hedge when i was coming home late................

she doesn't embarress me  as an adult.but i love to take the opportunity to embaress her image

• Options
    Demon Barber wrote (see)

Last week.

One of my friends has been spending time with his Girlfriend's family in South Africa this year, he has just come back and I plan to go for a beer with him to catch up. Unfortunately he bumped into my Mother in Sainsbury who told him straight away how I was "his marriage is over now, I suppose you were away when that happened?"

Thanks Mum. Might have wanted to tell him myself but hey ho!!

Mine took to opening my post at one stage. She stopped doing it after I went ballistic about it but I don't think she ever really realised what  I was so upset about. Ditto the time she hot-washed my expensive Liberty scarf and ruined it. There was no apology and no offer to replace it. God I was mad!

• Options
    A couple of weeks ago when, as I was paying the bill in a fairly nice restaurant, my mum pulled a fiver out of her purse, tapped the waitress on the arm and said 'can you take three out of this for your tip, lovey'? image
  • Options
    The bill was ??65 and I'd already added a gratuity.......
  • Options
    I remember my Mum and Dad asking for salad cream in a nice restaurant. The waitress had no idea what it was. I told her to bring some mayonnaise.