Options

Crime

2»

Comments

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Snap!Snap! ✭✭✭

There are circumstances where I might, but it would be tp either protect my child, or to protect others from my child or children (just look at the Crays!).

• Options

Colin - correct priority

• Options

Any one who hasn't got children really can't comment, theres something that switches in your brain when they're born, that changes you. Whilst using a wife/boyfriend/husband whatever to answer this question is the best a childless person can, it still doesn't compare. I'd wager most given the ultimate choice between saving their kid/kids or a partner would chose the first.

• Options
    SideBurnSideBurn ✭✭✭
    Colin McLaughlin wrote (see)

I would never report a child of mine to the police.

Not sure that I would say -never-...

If I discovered that they had abused their position to take advantage of a vulnerable person, due to age disability or committed a 'hit and run' leaving someone to die in the road for example. I would like to think they -never- would do such a thing. But the f****rs have been at the 18 yo single malt again so you never know 

• Options
    Sussex Runner (NLR) wrote (see)
    First thing I though of was patricide. Skotty beat me to it

If your child committed Patricide then how would you report it?!

• Options

For those who say you could never shop your own child to the police - what if they killed another of your children?

• Options
    Lå®Ð䮧€ wrote (see)

Any one who hasn't got children really can't comment, theres something that switches in your brain when they're born, that changes you.

Nicky, Lardarse is spot on, I take your point but logic sometimes doesn't work when it comes to Children, protecting them is your top priority and it will at times override doing the "right" thing

• Options
    skottyskotty ✭✭✭
    Nicky McNamerson wrote (see)

For those who say you could never shop your own child to the police - what if they killed another of your children?

it would depend.

i'd judge it on a case by case basis.

• Options
    SideBurnSideBurn ✭✭✭
    Nicky McNamerson wrote (see)

Which one and how? Btw I am still annoyed about the single malt image

• Options

I would shop them.....

if they got drunk and drove 

if they attacked someone 

if they hit and run i would shop them.......

they should be made to face up to it or they will havce to live with the consequences for life....

I would still try and support them as much as I could but i would never let them get away with any major incident ever

so for those who wouldn't shop their kids......it does tell them that they can do it again...

so if they were a paedophile then you would just cover up for them so more innocent children could be attacked..

• Options
    SideBurnSideBurn ✭✭✭

That is exactly what I was saying seren nos and I agree entirely. Crime and the motivations behind it are complex. But some crimes are just wrong....

If they made off with a pile of money and did not cut me in for at least 10% image

• Options
    Imagine if you were John venables or Robert thompson's parents and you saw your kids on CCTV? I'd have to take them down to the station myself.

For graffiti or being d&d they'd be more scared of me than the police.