Options

My Last Run

Comments

• Options
    Nessie73Nessie73 ✭✭✭

SB- sorry to hear you missed your PB so closely.

Baldie- onwards and upwards. Sometimes things conspire against you.

Me- did a running leaders' course yesterday as I seem to have volunteered myself to run a beginners' running group at work as part of a health and well-being initiative, leading to a 5k race in September.  It was really fun, and I learnt loads, as well as now being a qualified running leader image 

Today- I have a crappy cold so just 5 miles very easy.

• Options

Sun 7.30am - 17.5km (85 min)

hilly run on roads this morning - wind was howling at times but managed to avoid the heavy rain

threw in 4 efforts during the run - mainly on the hilly parts - two consecutive hard days isn't ideally recommended but felt strong enough - a couple of easy days to follow methinks

hope all is well fellow MLR'ers image

• Options

Cheers Nessie and kudos to you for becoming a "leader" image

6 miles ga in the cold and rain.  From summer to autumn/winter in the space of a day or so.

• Options
    baldblokebaldbloke ✭✭✭

at last an encouraging race! I was dreading the North Downs 30k, but it turned out to be a joy...really liked the scenery and atmosphere, and I had a good run. It was the furthest I've ever been, but I felt pretty strong for most of the race. A blowup on the last hill cost me sub 3-hours, but I was pleased with 3.05 for 18 hilly miles. Trail races are the future for me, I think!

yes, great stuff, Nessie. congratulations on becoming a leader!

• Options

7 wonderful wet and very windy miles and met up in the car park at the head of the trail with a young ex colleague who is a phenomenal ironman triathlete (3rd in her age category in Hawaii a coupleof years ago). I hadn't seen her for three years but she was inspirational when I first started running so it was great to see her and be reminded of how far it's possible to come in that time!

Well done everybody this wet and windy weekend image

• Options

10.5 miles this morning along the loop line in the wind and rain, I can't say it was enjoyable

• Options

Good training over weekend

Hills done, hard, legs now heavy. Warm and sunny when out though.

• Options

baldbloke - Result, fantastic feeling when you realise you've found your sweet spot

Birkmyre - Where the hell have you been running, been freezing here all weekend and again this morning?

8 miles for me today with 4 miles tempo in the middle.  I went a bit mental on the last mile and broke a 6 minute mile for the first time in training.  Destroyed it too with a 5.46 split.  Madness.

• Options
    DunkyDDunkyD ✭✭✭

Welldone baldbloke and Nessie. And SB, that is shifting!

Me - Sat joggeed Parkrun

Sun - Malvern Half. Was hoping for a 1.31 and conditions put pay to that a bit. Was rediculously windy for the last 3 miles so I'm pretty pleased with 1.34.11. Bizarely, I finished just ahead of the lead female so I used her support to get me down the last straight!

Chin chin,

D

• Options
    baldblokebaldbloke ✭✭✭

strong performance on a tough course and a tough day, Dunky. well done mate!

• Options

Dunky - good running

Mon - 7km parkland - easy pace

tired legs need a bit of recovery so enjoyed a relaxed run without numbers - Fudge prooved a bit of a hindrance as he wasn't in running mode today - had to stop a few times to let him sniff the humus

strong running everyone image

• Options
    DunkyDDunkyD ✭✭✭
  • Options
    JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    Congrats all. Didn't go well today. Garmin couldn't find a satellite, or believe satellites exist, so left it at home. Then had to pull out of the run as my right heel/ankle/shin were really painful. About 1+ miles. Have been exhausted the last couple of days and done nothing the last three. Feel rough and fed up that I'm injured again, and have somehow managed to get more injured by not doing anything.
  • Options
    swittleswittle ✭✭✭

Yesterday's strong winds had eased a little but tacking up the beach didn't appeal, so I ran a reverse route through the coastal park past the Marina, having taken advantage of the NWesterly whipping up living tails of sand that headed for eyes & ears! image

5.2 miles.

• Options
    Nessie73Nessie73 ✭✭✭

Dunky and baldie- some excellent racing and very impressive times for you both

SB- some tasty training for you as well mate image

JT- sorry to hear it's going badly.  Try to rest up a bit 

Me- hills.  Still full of a cold. Hard

• Options

Dunky - Very solid effort in dodgy conditions that.

Nessie - Running with a cold - bleaugh!  Hope you're mending nicely.

5m recovery, delightful conditions.  Cool, sunny and still.  Very nice stuff.

• Options

Morning

4M Steadily done earlier. Very still and quiet when out. No wind at all.

• Options
    DunkyDDunkyD ✭✭✭

Cheers all and wishing you a speedy recovery JT.

I can copy and paste SB's run this morning:

"5m recovery, delightful conditions.  Cool, sunny and still.  Very nice stuff."

Chin chin,

D

• Options
    JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    Cheers Ness and DD. Tried another run today. Am thinking it might be better to keep going on it, but in moderation. Stopping seems to make it worse. Achilles and heel painful but manageable. Tripped over. A few cuts and scrapes but nothing worse. Strangely it sort of took my mind off my injury and I enjoyed the rest of the run. Lovely sunshine. Even the garmin was working. 3.6miles in 31mins incl. time spent face down on the pavement.
  • Options
    swittleswittle ✭✭✭

JT, you're in the wars!  Hope you heal soon.

6am on a beautifully calm, clear, sunny Merseyside morning - and guess where I was running?  High tide had left the sand firm and even and, for a while, the whole beach belonged to me. image

5.3 miles

• Options

Nice evening for a run. Did a 5km route with a 1km fairly steep uphill climb. (Its almost a 50m rise over the 1km, though the second half of it is steeper than the first). This was my first hill run and actually enjoyed it. When I do the same thing next week i'll be adding about another 1km to this hill climb.

Enjoy your runs everyone, lets hope the bad weather is behind us for a while. image

• Options
    booktrunkbooktrunk ✭✭✭

58:46 10km whopeeee

• Options

Tue 9.30pm - 7km easy pace

enjoyed another gentle run in the park with the hound 

trying to do the majority of my running on grass so as to reduce impact - I've been running for about 5 years and it plays a big part in keeping me sane - it also is the key motivator for keeping me off the fags (which I packed in 4 years ago) - don't know how I would cope without the running - it's the best addiction I can think of image

booktrunk - well done on your achievement

• Options

Morning

4.6M Steadily done. A mixture of paths and off road. Okay run.

Sunny, warm and now wind.

• Options

Cid - Running addiction or nicotine addiction?  Not much of a competition eh?  They couldn't be further apart really.

8 miles GA run today, 1.5 with the dog.  Dry, cloudy but a touch cool again.

• Options
    DunkyDDunkyD ✭✭✭

Swittle - wheres the streak up to now?

Simon - well done for braving the hill and keep it up.

Cidlad - stay away from those fags!image

Me - 7 miles with 5 of them steady. Lovely morning here,

D

• Options

Dinnerbreak 5 miles  -  or more likely 5.5 what with all of the swerving past the ramblers, pushchairs, wheelchairs, dogs, ducks and bikes on the towpath.  Very hot but very beautiful.  I love living here.  Trying to stop being *quite* so pink, ready for my meeting later....

• Options
    baldblokebaldbloke ✭✭✭

Lovely evening in London town. Still stiff from Sunday's trail race, but managed 11k at 4.40m/km, i.e tempo pace.

this is week 1 of training for my first marathon - Amsterdam in October. Here goes...

• Options
    swittleswittle ✭✭✭

5.7 miles at 6am today to Burbo Bank & Coastguard station brought the Streak to 878 days image

A beautiful, calm, soft, warm morning with acres of sandflats laid bare at low tide.