Options

Maternity leave is an excuse for mums to do nothing!

Comments

• Options
    Mr PuffyMr Puffy ✭✭✭

You do talk some shit Karen.

• Options
    Karen Samuel wrote (see)

I off to get myself some home made Marmite and Banana ice cream.

Finally, a sensible comment.

• Options
    CindersCinders ✭✭✭

Close the door on the way out please!

• Options

How can you say looking after a new born is like doing nothing?

• Options

have you got kids then?

• Options

Don't see the issue really.  Maternity leave is time spent with your newborn baby.  If you don't instinctively know why you would want to do this, then explaining won't help.

• Options
    Yeah those bloody self sufficient babies.
  • Options
    Mr Puffy wrote (see)

You do talk some shit Karen.

SOME ??

• Options
    Caramel Macchiato wrote (see)

have you got kids then?

Do you really think there's someone dumb or drunk enough to sling one in her?

• Options

I tend to refrain from name calling online but this time.....you really are a silly cow.  Way to alienate your fellow female.

• Options

Giving birth is pretty easy, it's really not much harder than doing a big poo. It's in no way a massive strain both physically and mentally that will probably require stitches in your lady-bits. Once you've done that easy task you might as well drop the newborn with it grandparents or a childminder and get back to work. Babies are boring and it's not like you need to bond with it or anything like that.

• Options

To be fair, I'm not sure Karen actually said what her own opinion was (she rarely does) .

It sounds like something she's read somewhere but, having seemingly got out of the habit of posting huge chunks of text, now we don't have a clue where she's getting it from. 

I do wonder what she's like in real life - she never seems to have really mastered the art of social interaction.

• Options

I would be interested to know how many new fathers took more than 2 weeks paternity leave.

• Options

I  think it was something that Katie Price said originally...

• Options
    Lou Diamonds wrote (see)

I would be interested to know how many new fathers took more than 2 weeks paternity leave.

I would but as I am starting a new job later this month so I will just stick with the two weeks (Baby due in September) image

• Options
    Lou Diamonds wrote (see)

Apparently from 2015 there will be something called Shared Parental Leave. There will be up to a year's leave after the birth of the child, the leave can be divided between both parents and both parents can be off work at the same time. Seems like a good idea to me! image

• Options

Obviously all babies are different, but last time Mr D was on maternity leave she had so much free time that she bought a dog and took on a sizable section of a neighbours allotment.

Other than that she seemed to spend most of her time meeting other mums for (decaf) coffee.

As soon as she went back to work the alotment was given back and the dog walking deligated to me.

And to be fair to Karen I can think of at least three other people who start deliberately contentious threads on here to provoke debate, but she seems to be the only one who comes in for personal attack.

• Options

I had my kids close together and to be honest when they were 3 days old i was ready for my huby to go back to work as I couldn't get back into any routine whilst he was home.....it felt strange like holiday mode......

I prefeereed him to have a few odd days on later on when I was trying to look at potential schools or had a check up with the doctor etc........those things that are a nightmare with 2 toddlers and a baby going with you

• Options
    ParmosParmos ✭✭✭

well when my Mrs took her annual holiday for the month leading up to her giving birth but unfortuantly she give birth 3 days later haha so her maternity kicked in straight away

• Options

with the third i worked up until the date that he was due..........as i only worked one day a week .....

which meant i should have been off for 18 weeks........but i did return to work earlier as I needed the rest one day a week away from the kids......image

• Options
    mingo_the_flamingo wrote (see)

I  think it was something that Katie Price said originally...

That would explain both where it came from and why it was Karen that posted it image

• Options
    CindersCinders ✭✭✭

Maybe KP can hand over her kids to their respective fathers to be looked after while she has the next baby!

• Options
    WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭

I expect that Ms Price has a bit of help around the house, too!

• Options

I've got two kids, now 9 and 12. I can safely say that I would rather be at work than look after really young kids, but enjoy looking after them now they're older. I suppose it depends on your outlook and whether there are an peripheral problems - my son had a condition that required a great deal of attention and a number of operations, so the maternity leave was a huge strain on my better half. Even if all is well, it's a slog of a job - yes, with periods of peace and quiet, but lots of anxiety and sometimes - it has to be admitted - inner rage. The type of people who complain about maternity leave - and I'm not saying Karen is - are usually rich enough to be able to afford nannies or just stupid.

• Options
    PG3PG3 ✭✭✭

I think Karen should lay off the late night boozing and putting stupid threads on here.  It's really hard work being on mat leave and I was glad to go back to work after 8 months for a rest!