Options

Country routes not too far from London

I'm looking for good places to run that can easily be reached from London. Countryside, coast, forests, things like that. I would love to hear your ideas.

I need some runspiration and want new routes to explore so I can get my running mojo back! Also thinking of compiling a list on my blog lungesandlycra.co.uk so can share them with other people. 

Comments

• Options
    How many readers has your blog compared to runners world ?
  • Options
    ShivaShiva ✭✭✭

Try a map?  Thats how I found routes when I lived in London, and how I find them now i'm in Lancashire.

• Options
    PhilPubPhilPub ✭✭✭

The North Downs Way runs from Farnham in Surrey all the way to Canterbury. Being a well sign-posted route it has the advantage that you don't have too much navigating to do along the way.  Stunning scenery and you can easily plan routes that start/end at rail stations for transport back up town.  (I've walked Oxted to Otford section, about 12 miles undulating trails and occasional road.)

Careful referring to blogs on here.  You might as well be killing puppies, the way some people react to such shameless plugging.  image

• Options
    Chris.52Chris.52 ✭✭✭

There's far too much to begin listing. Do get the OS maps of the area, and don't give up on London itself. I've run all the 153 miles round London on the London LOOP, and most of it is very pleasant.