Options

leicester marathon 2013

12346»

Comments

• Options

...I didn't realise that the full marathon chip times were included on the half marathon results pdf. Mine shows 03:58:59 - just one second diff. from my Garmin.

REALLY pleased at breaking the 4hr barrier in my home/birth town!

Looks like they are doing a great job of salvaging the chip times through whatever means.

...I wonder if all the haters on facebook will now appologise?

• Options

Colin, who are the haters?  I think people have the right to be annoyed.  It wasn't just the chip timing which has frustrated people, the fact they have the most diabolical chip system ever known to marathonkind, you were tripping over a load of them on the route, was dreadful and then water in cups, again, for a city marathon, is just not cricket.  I expect that in a local club race which I paid £4 for, not a £40/£50 race.  I think being a race director is a very tough job but this isn't rocket science. 

• Options
    I did look in on Facebook and there was a lot of feeling for it being a charity event - so its just to raise funds - and whats the problem if there are no times ?

Clearly those people aren't serious runners. People base their seasons around one good marathon attempt, and to have the timing cocked up is a massive thing for them.
  • Options

...but there are times (...both gun and chip) now available via the marathon website.

As I'm originally from Leicester and my family have used the services of LOROS (the palliative care charity that ran the event), I'm obviously biased, but they said straight away that there was a problem and that they were trying to rectify the situation - and that's what they seem to be doing.

Regarding the choice of chip and water station facilities - I guess they just tried to do it as cheaply as they could (...a mistake that I doubt they'll make again).

• Options

Everyone is entitled to an opinion that's true. Mine is that I run for fun, I'm never going to break any records (3.46 for this marathon) and I appreciate the work, organisation and commitment of everyone who makes these things happen.....and i do that with a smile and a thank you. Thank you Leicester, see you again next year!!

• Options

See you there next year Ian image I'm getting closer each year image

• Options

I live in Leicestershire, so it seems rude not to participate in this event every year. 

• Options

Hows this for throwing a cat amongst the pigeons...

I was talking to a young lad on the day who refused to divulge any information on his predicted time, previous times etc. Anyway he mentioned quietly he was running the event for a "vet runner", I didnt think anymore but then i thought-has someone asked this young lad to do the race so he can get a gfa for london??

Bit underhanded if that is the case in my opinion...

• Options
    It would serve him right if London don't accept times from this race then.
  • Options

54:23 better than 2012 ... I think I'll struggle to make quite the same improvement next year. might have to settle for just a 50m improvement next yearimage

• Options

Ok my narcs is awful 53:23 not 54:23. 

• Options

And my typing on my iPhone is even worse... Cries and tries to type maths.