Options

Low carb diet

Is there an accepted definition of what is 'Low Carb?' E.g. 5g / 10g of carbs per 100g of food?

Comments

• Options

Under 100g carb per day is pretty low carb, some diets like the keto diet go as far as under 50g per day I think. Dunno about an accepted definition, of course it's different per person based on needs/how your body processes it.

• Options

As above, it depends on the exact diet that you are on.

If you just want to go low carb then it's about choosing what carbs you eat and watching your carb intake.

I will eat oats because they are good for you. I will eat fresh fruit and eg, inc root eg. Again they are good for you. These aren't normally accepted in a low carb diet. (most green veg is ok).

I don't eat bread, potatoes, (rice or pasta because I don't like either), pastry or baked goods. I try to restrict the amount of sugar in my diet. Sometimes I'm not so very good at this.

There's a FB group, low carb runners.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/491391507569304/
    They set no strict rules as to what is or is not a low carb diet. It's really for people to talk.

The main point for me is not to restrict fat intake only to replace those calories with carbs.

• Options

Thanks for replies. 

Will check out FB group.