Options

Obviously

RicFRicF ✭✭✭

Here's one for all you experienced drivers out there. 

From what we all know roads to be like, what would you say the speed limit on this one is?

/members/images/493151/Gallery/speedlimit.PNG

🙂

Comments

• Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭

National speed limit, so single carriageway, 60.

• Options

Anyone that thinks there is any logic to some of the speed limits in force in this country has to be bonkers. I'll take a stab at it and for no particular reason say 20 m.p.h.

• Options

I think it could be 20.

• Options

street lights so 30?

• Options

What speed were you doing when you got clocked ?

I'd say 30, But with the repeater on the floor could be 20

• Options
    RicFRicF ✭✭✭

Well it used to be 50mph when I cycled down this road, but most of you are correct.

/members/images/493151/Gallery/DSC_0483.png

So 10 out 10 for you.

And I dare say a few points for me. 

In the postimage.

Certainly a step up from the two parking tickets I've received in 36 years behind the wheel.

40mph plus. Good for half a dozen I reckon.

After a discussion with the Police, they are going to have the signs cleaned up and lines repainted. 

As the conversation went with those who know me, "You got clocked by a speed camera!, what you? how? you're kidding? 

Of course I'll take the 'hit'. No question. The laws the law.

🙂

• Options

I still can't see it...

• Options
    XX1XX1 ✭✭✭
    mathschick wrote (see)

street lights so 30?

I think you'd need to be able to determine the distance between the street lights to be able to say for sure that it's a 30...  I'm guessing there's a clue in the picture somewhere but I have no idea.

• Options
    XX1XX1 ✭✭✭

X-post but I still can't see it either...  If I squint it looks like 30.

• Options

The clue is what isn't in the picture...

If it is anything other than a 30mph limit, there has to be repeaters on the lamp posts (or other posts) at a set distance, Can't see any on the lamp posts down the road, therefore it has to be 30

• Options
    RicFRicF ✭✭✭

Yes, its 30mph, but all things considered, the 'double flash' was a good wake up call. I wasn't concentrating on the job in hand.

Any penalty will be richly deserved, I needed taking down a peg or two, I've been getting a bit too full of myself lately.

I should avoid a ban though. I've a couple of dozen old ladies (average age 86) who rely on me keeping their gardens in shape. If not for that, they would have to move into sheltered accommodation. They would not be happy.

A feisty women in her mid 90's who's not adverse to using language is quite a sight.

I've a race on this weekend and expect to be giving a Police Inspector a lift to the venue. I need supervising. 

🙂

• Options
    booktrunkbooktrunk ✭✭✭

These days if you were not to much over you get a nice invite to a half days training course if you are lucky and do that instead of points,

At least my friends who have been done have had that option.