Options

New to running

Im new to running and yesterday's run was my second, my first was 1.5m and yesterdays was 3 miles at an average pace of 9.20s.

Im happy with the way it went and now my inside thighs are sore, i want to keep it up so i was looking at doing another run before work tomorrow morning, is this a good idea.

My level of fitness is ok i guess, i'm a Cat 4 racer so i have a decent base.

Any tips would be appreciated.

Oh and i made a rash decision to enter the Tough mudder 2015, 

Comments

• Options

Spread your runs out, so you're not doing too many (if any) back to back.  Doing 3 miles straight away is pretty good going.  Where you may come unstuck is not having run specific fitness.  You've obviously got the cardio, but it will take time to bring some other body parts up- joints need time to get used to the pounding, tendons take a while also, etc.

• Options

Thanks for the quick reply.

Ok so ill try every other day to start, ive had a couple of ops on my right knee a few years ago and no trouble atm its just my thighs.

I never thought id actually enjoy it.

• Options

Since you've had knee troubles, I'd definitely keep the runs easy and not too hard for now.

• Options
    tricialitttricialitt ✭✭✭

Yes- definately start out slow and gentle, or you'll injure yiurself- allow a days' rest between harder sessions.

• Options

Training every other day is excellent rather than everyday at the beginning, it gives you a chance to recover properly.

It is good you are enjoying running, you will soon become hopelessly addicted like the rest of us.  There is no hope.... image

imageimageimage