Options

Runkeeper app

Just starting on my running adventure and have downloaded runkeeper as it seems to have good mapping tools and training programme. Do others use this and is it a good app for a beginner. Any recommendations for alternatives would be welcome.

Comments

• Options

I used it and it is very good I found. the other free one that is easy to use is Endomondo

• Options
    I used to use it and had no complaints. I now use a garmin watch and find it much easier to run with than having my phone strapped to my arm.

I don't listen to music when running so don't miss out on that side of things either.
  • Options

I'd never used an app, but have been using the Nike sports watch which was good at recording speed and distance.  But it stopped working so I used map my run.  What I found interesting was I had an immediate speed improvement caused by telling be what my splits were on the move.  I try to run at around 6min kilometres and everytime I had a poor split above that I seemed to be able to speed up and get a better overall time.

Certainly was the motivation I needed and I now have the watch back fully working but I'm going to sell it and stick with Map my Run.

• Options

Don't wotever you do use Endomondo..... it's not as good as mapmyrun.com..... or..... any of the Polar speed and distance monitors, i have the Polar RS800CX it's very accurate and works perfectly.

• Options

I think its pretty good.

• Options

What's wrong with Endomondo? I use it loads and other than probably over calculating the amount of kcals burnt think it's pretty good. 

• Options

Endomondo have sent me loads of junk mail, I did once sign up to it, but then deleted my profile, quit the site, and still they kept reminding me that i hadn't done any training, loads of junk mail...... I quit coz i found there were far better apps out there for me in my opinion such as the 2 mentioned above, and the fact that It didn't work properly, so that woz good enough reason for me to look elsewhere....... guess it depends on wot you're lookin for though.

• Options

I use map my run for IOS 8

I really cant recommend it enough, works perfectly for me. only annoying thing is that they keep asking me to upgrade!, not until i get a iwatch though image

• Options

I absolutely love Runkeeper.  It's a fantastic app and a really encouraging one too that keeps account of all of your progress and maps out your journey.  (it has crashed once however) but other than that, I can't fault it, and it's so so easy to use. image

• Options

Runkeeper is good. It's a much better app overall than Angry Birds....