Options

Katie Hopkins

I wasn't sure how to approach this. Firstly someone posts something about the Palestine/Israel situation in about 10 words. A mistake in my view. You need to spend much longer to say what you think to be understood on such a complex subject. 

The media then try to roast her and say she's gone too far but the joy of social media is that the public can give their views. Some are quite intelligent but mostly moronic(from both points of the argument). 

It makes me think of the pros and cons of social media. Anyway, there is much to say on the subject. Anyone got a link?

Comments

• Options

She's just a massive celebrity troll isn't she?  Probably best ignored.

• Options

Makes me glad I can discuss things on here with people who are a lot more intelligent. The people posting on there are really scummy. "She's an uneducated cunt" says Adam Hewson who works at Deptford High School. Glad my kids aren't being taught by him. 

• Options

I believe she is a troll that the media allow to flourish by giving her prime time airtime..

she is one person u would never like to meet in real life...

• Options

Never heard of her.

• Options
    VDOT52VDOT52 ✭✭✭
    Me neither. But I don't do twatter or fudgebook.
  • Options
    She related to Mathew Hopkins ?
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭

I think some of the things she says are funny, don't necessarily agree but can see the humour in it.
    Then again I think Frankie Boyle can be funny...

"Show me an Ashlee. I will show you a large mum in leggings & a Primark bag twice the size of her latest baby"

• Options

only thing she said that i found funny was when she said she didn’t like “geographical names” such as Brooklyn or London, before Schofield pointed out that her own daughter’s name is India. “That’s not related to a place,” Hopkins said.

because India isn't a place at all......

she was on TV stating that she banned her children from playing with children who had a common working class name as these children would be a bad influence as they were unruly in school and unintelligent.......

How anyone can try to make such massive judgements on children because of a name is just evil... image

• Options
    VDOT52VDOT52 ✭✭✭
    Looked her up. Just some overindulged posh bird who had her university studies paid for by the English intelligence service. It is not an unusual thing for the upper classes to imagine that all of the oppressed deserve to be in their situation and that they should just accept it while smiling and bowing to show their gratitude.

I bet the intelligence service is now glad her epilepsy kept her from signing up once she had finished her training.
  • Options
    Dave The Iron Ex- Spartan wrote (see)
    She related to Mathew Hopkins ?

Him I have heard of.

I skimmed "Wiki" and formed the general impression: "famous for being famous". As so many "celebrities" are these days.

• Options
    She was on the Apprentice and went out fairly early on.

Since then shes been famous for saying awful things. As Phi says - she's best ignored.

She probably doesnt even believe in what she says - as her daughters name shows...
  • Options
    seren nos wrote (see)

she is one person u would never like to meet in real life...

I passed about an hour ago her on Middlesex Street near Liverpool St station.  Didn't realise who it was until I saw this thread..... image

• Options
    DachsDachs ✭✭✭

She's a professional twat.  Lots of them around these days.  See also James Delingpole, Jan Moir and many, many others.  Their "success" and continued future employment as a columnist or talking head is entirely dependent on whether they are "good TV" or generate website hits, which is in turn related to how extreme or controversial they can be.  Nuance and balance doesn't = £££, so it can fuck right off.

One of the worst aspects of modern life.

• Options

What he said. A professional troll. Ignore.

• Options
    NayanNayan ✭✭✭
    seren nos wrote (see)

only thing she said that i found funny was when she said she didn’t like “geographical names” such as Brooklyn or London, before Schofield pointed out that her own daughter’s name is India. “That’s not related to a place,” Hopkins said.

because India isn't a place at all......

she was on TV stating that she banned her children from playing with children who had a common working class name as these children would be a bad influence as they were unruly in school and unintelligent.......

How anyone can try to make such massive judgements on children because of a name is just evil... image

I was saying just the same thing to little Adolf when I picked up my daughter from after school painting club.

• Options

I think part of the story was that she tweeted that she had heard that two Palestinians had knifed two Israelis and she had called them tunneling Muslim rodents

• Options

I guess if two black people get caught stealing you can call them thieving gits but not thieving black bastards. The action is the evil and the not the race/religion.

• Options

Katie Hopkins and tweeting. Two things we can do without.

• Options
    Twitter. Making footballers look even more stupid.
  • Options

Twitter is such a frigging waste of time. 

• Options
    Twitter is great. You choose who to follow so the only place I see things about KH is on here.
  • Options
    Cougs - she didn't go out of The Apprentice early. She almost won.

Aside from that (and heaven knows why I felt the need to correct someone) she drives me nuts. I find it very frustrating that she's carved a media career for herself and even more so that she keeps getting on the telly and radio making such absurd comments. I can't believe she even believes herself. She's like a parody of a Daily Mail reader.

I tune out to her now, whatever vehicle she might be using. (Not that I read The Sun or watch This Morning but I did used to listen to Jeremy Vine until that too became a parody of a radio show (often with her as a guest.)
  • Options
    MillsyMillsy ✭✭✭

She's turning into a caricature of herself. 

She has either realised (or been advised by her agent) that the more rediculous she gets the more the work floods in. It's self fulfilling. 

as long as the money keeps rolling in, she probably doesn't care. 

• Options

Sounds like a right runt.

Apart from Tw@tter, it sounds like she draws attention via reality TV, ITV, other forms of pleb TV / radio, and the tabloid press. Not sure why anyone with a brain would waste their time with any of those, but as I avoid them all and I've never heard of her, I'm happy to report that in this instance ignorance is bliss.

• Options
    RicFRicF ✭✭✭

Its about the money. These types get paid shedloads.

But the choice is this. Would you be 'them' with the money, or 'you' without?

Being 'you' with 'their' money isn't an option. Though we would like to think it is. Its why winning the lottery is so attractive. Nothing changes but the bank balance.

🙂

• Options

I suppose she's the national equivalent of a certain person on here(or banned on here) Her comments (Kate H) are no more valid than any other idiot but thousands of people comment on it. Hundreds comment on the comments. It's trolls, feeding the trolls feeding the trolls(hate to use that term). I'm all for social media but it can reveal the nation for who they(we) are. Usually it's very ugly. Best to keep out of it. You can't win an argument on facebook/twitter.

• Options

RicF, I was thinking exactly that.  I'd rather be 'me' without the money.  She's sold her integrity and I hope she thinks it's worth it.

• Options

phil... If she was left on social media I wouldn't worry....but when she is given prime time TV to state that a child called xxx is a waste of space and bad to know just because of their name,  then she is allowed to make all those young children with that name  feel negative about themselves as it was on TV.....pick on other celebs if she wants to but to pick on and bully young children who she hasn't met should not be allowed on the TV..

• Options
    NessieNessie ✭✭✭

Wasn't she the one who claimed that mothers who breastfed their babies were neglecting them because a tired mother isn't happy and therefore isn't capable of looking after themselves never mind a child?

I think I'm with Adam Hewson who works at Deptford High School on this one.image