Options

Asics262 - 2015

Comments

• Options

Ghost running is in my book totally wrong!!  Thanks to those who are coming onto the threads especially Buxton running bunny some good questions to try and open people up. And go and see Paddington Bear if you want good old fashioned cheesy film. Brilliant. I did a nice 10 miler 1st thing, then ran Parkrun with my little girl, quick bacon sandwich and then the flix. Lovely. image

• Options
    MillsyMillsy ✭✭✭
    I've just discovered the "ghost runner" / "bandit"

Thanks for the tips. Have to agree that it's totally wrong.
  • Options

Evening All!

I know I do some daft things but no way in the world would I dare to ghost run! Totally unfair!

I meet up with some of the guys I met at boot camp back in 2012 Frocker, we do the Thunder Run 24 every year, we also see each other individually when we can. They have turned out to be some of the best friends I have! I love them dearly!

Lovely photo of you and Ruffles by the way x

• Options

Thanks, Tigger - was a good run yesterday. Glad to hear you keep in touch with other bootcampers. Yay for RW and #asics262 building running networks, even for those who don't win the big prize!

• Options

Well done to everyone who made Bootcamp. I'm soooo jealous as it brings back so many memories for me - from start to finish the whole process changed me as a person. I'd do it all again tomorrow.

Andrea B: Where in Carmarthen are you? I applied for a job in Bro Myrddin the other year. i'm in Brynaman.

So again, good luck to everyone.

Gareth

• Options

Sorry not been on here for a bit....busy busy weekend here!!  

welshgje..i'm down by QEhigh.....run out to Bro Myrddin quite often...good little 10k from my house and back!

Never hear the term "Ghost runner" before, but completely disagree with doing it and also disagree with running under someone elses name.  I have been offered numerous places for London as i've been turned down 8 years in a row through the ballot , but i won't do it....rules are rules!  I also know that one of the sub 4 final 5 has done this for their marathon pb and that didn't impress me either!!!!

• Options

Home stretch now!! image

Nerves currently frayed!! 

*heads out for a run*

• Options

reminds me that I need to go and vote for you and tigger again...

• Options

Good Morning! Yes Superman we are in to the last few days, its all very exciting!

Thank you so very much for your votes, we both really appreciate it!!

So how is everyone today?  Anyone got anything exciting happening this week? 

• Options

Yep I know who the ghost runner is!

• Options

I'm flying to China on saturday to visit my middle son  image

Thats exciting  image

• Options

Oh wow that will be awesome! You must be so excited! How long are you going for?

• Options

10 days.he will meet us at shanghai and we are visiting 5 cities in 10 days... I'm excited but a little anxious as i have organised and booked it all...image

• Options

Sounds awesome Seren...will you be taking your trainers?

• Options
    That sounds brilliant Seren, have a great time, are you taking your trainers.

And back on the subject of ghost runners. To me Ghost Running, well it's up there with dog owners who let their dogs poo on the pavement and if no-ones looking and it's dark, leave it there. I own a dog and I pick it's crap up. I enter a race and pay for it. Why, because it's the right thing to do!!! Doubt they'd be happy if I nipped round their house and helped myself to the contents of the fridge. We're all grown ups we know what's right and wrong. Just some choose to play by their own rules. That said when I was 6 I knicked a pound from my mums purse to buy some black jacks and fruit salads from the ice cream van. But I was 6..
  • Options

Wtf, you must have got hundreds of black jacks and fruit salads for that, SupermanRuns!

Who's the dodgy VLM number-swapper, then?

• Options

No running for me this time. I have been promising my body a rest for a long time so I am having no running from 1 st december till christmas day....

Over last winter I worked on my shorter  running and endurance cycling.. earlier this year i managed to PB at 5k,10k. 8 miles, half marathon and 20 miles... I then went into a busy triathlon season.. where i had to miss my A race through an unlucky chest infection but still did 4 half ironman and 3 ironman races.( course PB's or distance oPB's at them all).....then went straight into ultra training and completed a 46 miler in November (another course PB) as well as a few longer off road runs where I also PB'd for the courses..........so my old body is having a rest  image

• Options

lit.. the one I was referring to was

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/forum/general-running/beachy-head-marathon-place/166305.html

not VLM.. not sure if they do it often.. b ut was going to run without a number 

• Options

Holy moly! Hats off to you Seren!

• Options

I'd got that one, seren, but was wondering who Andrea B. was grassing up a few posts ago.

• Options

Wow Seren, sounds like you need a well deserved rest. Prob a good thing too as running in areas where there's poor air quality like Shanghai will do you No favours. 

• Options

To be honest.. If it wasn't for the boys... i would have taken my shorts and I would have ran the stretches i could of the great wall when up there.....but youngest isn't a runner so e will walk...image

• Options

Really been enjoying the Asics threads so far, this one included. I've been useless in having time to write on them though, but have been voting every day so far. I have a few favourites that I have been voting for regularly, but having the chance to vote daily has really made it interesting - for some categories I've found my votes changing based on people's daily efforts. Nice to see the detective work and research going on as well!

seren nos wrote (see)

To be honest.. If it wasn't for the boys... i would have taken my shorts and I would have ran the stretches i could of the great wall when up there.....but youngest isn't a runner so e will walk...image

I'm not sure which parts of the wall you are planning on visiting but if venturing from Beijing, Badaling is the most touristy. Mutianyu is also touristy but less busy (nice views of the Wall running off in to the distance as well). If you want to see the wall without any restoration and away from the main crowds then Simatai is probably best, or even more off the beaten track is Jiankou, which is incredible (although slightly dangerous as it's falling apart so much!).

Extremely jealous of your trip. Probably best that you aren't going to run over there. In the city where I lived, I never saw another person running and regularly made people fall off their bicycles in shock when I did venture out for a trot! (Malcs, I've lined you up here for a spot of wit! image

Sorry, i'll let you get back to your running talk!

• Options

thanks shady... we have opted for Mutianyu... it should be quieter in Dec and if not too snowy we are planning on going far enough to hit the unrestored bit...but as its steep in places we shall see,we will have as much time as we want as the taxi won't get paid until we come back  image

• Options

my son has ran a few times in Suzhou but then there are lots of greener areas there

• Options

Literatin I got 50ps worth of fruit salads (two bags full) and the same of black jacks!! It was either that or a screwball. I bloody love sweets me!! 

• Options

Tigger.I should show that to my son... been putting the final bookings now of taxis to airports etc,....

Superman.. I used to love fruit salads..... My son has asked me to take him several bags of haribos as he cant get them in china..and some lynx deoderant  image

• Options

Ooo sweets! I love fizzy strawberry lances and those foam bananas! I have such a sweet tooth!

Which Haribos? My kids love the minion ones! I'm more a tangfastic kinda girl!

• Options

I can't stand the tangfastic ones.I like the starmix one...

I havent seen my son since August so have gone mad and bought him the starmix , football mix, horror mix, minions, supermix and the tangfastics...image