Options

The Thousand Mile Club

Comments

• Options

Thanks, again, for your very valuable advice, Harmander!

The plan I'm intending to use is the RW 3:45 plan - but with the hope of doing 3:50. The main reason I picked this plan is the weekly mileage fitted with what I was hoping to do, plus it incorporates a planned sub-1:45 HM, which was one of my targets for next year anyway.

The plan is here: http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/racing/rws-ultimate-marathon-schedule-sub-345/130.html

(It's RW subscriber though)

• Options

Nell,

Will discuss that later but first I hope you have a fantastic run and savour the moment you get past the 1000 mile mark along the way.

Despite the storm Angus, I really enjoyed my LSR today and did just that little bit extra.

18.77 miles in 3:09:20 making

YTD = 1980.59 miles in 261:56:15 hours.

Leaves me 19.41 miles to do in 4:03:45 (12:33 mins/mile)

• Options

7.3mi this weekend: treadmill 3.2mi on Friday and Parkrun plus a bit on Saturday.

875.2mi YTD. 42 days to go = 2.97mi per day.

• Options

Apologies to all for temporarily hijacking the thread - I shall cease and desist talking about marathon training plans and get back to the mileage! image

Well - what a lovely day!

The weather was MAGNIFICENT on the North Wales coast. Rather chilly waiting around at the start but sunny, bright and almost no wind - perfect running conditions. I just ran to feel without any pacing alerts so ended up with four miles at sub-8:00/mi. pace plus one mile at exactly 8:00/mi., at various stages on the course... contrasting with one point climbing the Great Orme where I glanced at my Garmin and saw I was 11:00 minute miling... whoops!

So - for my final half of the year, during which I passed the 1000 mile point, and that included ~820 feet of ascent, I managed 1:49:22 (Garmin, as official results don't seem to be out yet)... I'm very happy! image Adding 13.11 miles gives me...

YTD: 1004.62 miles (HA! image)

P.S. I did do a cheer and a bit of a celebration at 9.49 miles... it was on a very suburban residential road with a couple of spectators looking rather bemused! image

• Options

Well done Nell.

Can we list all the 1000 mile plus people now to get a group hug - every time a new member joins too?

• Options

Thanks, Harmander!

We can if you write the list... I'll just stand here with my arms out waiting for all the 1000 plusers... image (hhhhmmm - I was really struggling with what to write there.. put "huggees" first, then remembered they're a type of nappy... then I put members - and that was significantly worse! image image )

• Options

I think the list of those who have gone past the 1000 mile mark includes the following:

Hobie1485

Muttley

Little Nell

Harmander

Have I missed anyone?

• Options

Stephen E Ford?

• Options

Yes of course.

Stephen E Ford too.

I think everyone deserves recognition for what they have achieved.

Thank you Stylish for the opportunity to join this great thread.

• Options

Well done Nell image Nice to reach the milestone during a race too. I remember doing a silent little celebration last year when I crossed the 1000 mile point, so know the temptation to do so. What is your year end target now? 1200?

A couple more runs over the weekend for me, including one 5 miler, takes me to 677.5 YTD. Target is still 750.

• Options

Thanks Harmander & well done everyone.

Another 8 miles yesterday, mostly along Pendine Sands in warm sunshine with shirt off....on 20th November image

Today is very, very different.

1060 miles YTD

• Options

Well done Nell and welcome to the Mille Miles Club. And a hilly half in a tasty time too image

I could just about manage that on a flat one these days.

A tough session for me today. 3 miles at half marathon pace, 3 minutes rest and then 4 x 2 mins at 5K pace. Comfortably inside the paces but my legs are talking to me right now ... 6.84 miles with warmup and cooldown.

• Options

4.8mi for me this evening: track session plus warm-up and cool-down.

880mi YTD.

• Options

A slow 10.27 miles for me this morning, along the rather muddy towpath down by the river.

1049.11 ytd

• Options

Cheated last night by running hilly course downhill - distance is distance right?

10.63 miles in 1:53:24, making

YTD = 1991.22 miles in 363:49:39 hours.

Leaves me 2:10:21 to do 8.78 miles (14:50 mins/mile = doable methinks)

So tomorrow I will have done 2000 miles in 327 days and 366 hours of running

That is 67 minutes 9 seconds a day at 10:59 minutes/mile (target was 11/mile)

Projected at same rate till year end I could do 2242 miles in 409 hours.

Nah, gonna take a break apart from Parkruns and coaching - oh, our Dawn To Dusk Ultra on 18 December too.

Will give proper breakdown after reaching the 2000 miles tomorrow - sorry if I am boring anyone.

• Options

Awesome running and dedication, Harmander!

• Options

Thank you Ewan.

Expecting to be told about pacing at VLM2017 by 9 December - fingers crossed.

• Options

Guten tag, from Germany... over here for work, and tagged on visiting family (new 2-month old nephew, plus his brother and sister and his mum and dad (my brother)).

Sadly, no running to report (couldn't fit running gear and work suits into cabin baggage for Eurowings and "Sleazy"jet flights). Just wanted to pop in and say thanks for the congrats from everyone - and give a big cheer to Harmander (WOO HOO!!!) as you are just about to finally go round twice and catch up with me, and probably lap me before I next run again on the weekend image It was inevitable... the only question was, when?! image

• Options

After 2 weeks of no running because of "issues" two runs to report. 5.5M on Tuesday including track session. 4.25M very slow run last night. 

Well done to all the Millennium makers. Those that didn't make it, next year is just around the corner.

Definitely need to change shoes and get more cushioning as the joint are starting to hurt.

Will take a leaf out of Harmander's book and do minimum of 6M when I run.Might be hard on track nights but I need to do more mileage.

Aiming to enter a couple of half for next Feb & March.

YTD = 473.76

• Options

Stylish,

See you at Roding Valley half then.

Nice challenging course as a prep fr London pacing methinks.

Nell, are you running Saturday or Sunday?

• Options

7.7mi club run tonight. First run out with the long fast group at my club. Last 1.7mi were at 5k target pace, so I'm feeling pretty good for Parkrun on Saturday.

887.8 YTD. 112.2mi to go in 37 days = 3.03mi per day.

• Options

DONE IT

As Nell had not got back to me in time I wanted to prove her right - so I did an extra few miles to 'lap' her before her next run.

Did 14.16 miles in 2:22:28 making

YTD 2005.38 miles in 366:12:07 hours

I calculate that I did

2004.22 miles in 366 hours 

2000 miles in 365:13:08 hours

I averaged 10:57.4 minutes/mile (Target was 11 mins/mile)

Out of the 2005.38 miles, 513.76 miles were from 59 races including Parkruns, half and full marathons (Average of 8.71 miles)

1491.62 miles were training runs from 145 runs (Average of 10.29 miles)

Total average distance per run is 9.83 miles (204 runs)327 days

2005.38 miles in 327 days is 6.13 miles a day (9.870 km - was hoping it would be 10km)

Better stop  all this now or will earn the Geek of the Year award - lol.

• Options

Well done Harmander - those stats make me feel tired just reading them.

Good plan Stylish - I also need to increase my mileage on the days that I run, as there are no other days in the week in which I can add runs.

3 miles last night, first of the week though, so still only on 680.5 YTD

• Options

Harmander- you got too much time on your hand to be calculating all thatimage. You're a certified Geek lol .

Yes Roding and may be Brentwood although ive entered that in the last 2 years and had to sell my number cause I couldn't do it. 3rd time lucky?

Andrew - I think I will just go slower and make sure that my body gets used to it first. Having lots of miles in your legs gives you confidence to race and do the speed work too. 

• Options

Stylish - I was tempted by the Brentwood HM next year too, but I think it would come too soon for me from the low mileage base that I am at now. So looking at a 10k in Lee Valley park at the beginning of April, near where the 2012 Olympic watersports arenas were.

• Options

Sorry Harmander - was busy with Auntie-ing duties! image Very well done on your double... that amount of mileage is mind- blowing - I can't even imagine it, considering the effort it took me to do half the distance you've clocked!!!

A very lovely, joyous run for me tonight - no particular goal in mind just to get out and run and get back to it after a week off. I felt happy and bouncy and floaty... really nice (maybe I should have a week off in Germany more often)! 6.30 miles in total.

YTD: 1010.92 miles.

• Options

Sounds good Nell ... it's what we go running for.

For me 4.63 miles today, gentle pace, just a maintenance run really. I'm going to be about 50 miles short of my second-string target of 1200 miles by year's end so rather than chase it and risk injury I think I'll just keep things ticking over nice and easy in December and then start again in the New Year with A Plan. Maybe I'll hunt for some races to enter.

• Options

'ow do!

Anyone else having RW website going crazy for them as well... or is it just me?

You smashed through the thread title goal, Muttley, so I think you're entitled to pace yourself to the end of the year image

Muttley wrote (see)

[...] Maybe I'll hunt for some races to enter.

Hmmm... can I interest you in a Spring marathon in the Greater Manchester area? image image Or else some other nice race up here (Wilmslow, Manchester Half/10K, Southport, Wrexham...). It would be great to meet another thread reprobate/stalwart (delete as applicable) if you fancied a race in the general Northwest area!!!

Another nice run for me tonight, just 10.01 miles. Felt really easy - but averaged 9:09/mile... much speedier than I expected.

YTD: 1020.93 miles.

• Options

Yes Nell,

Website went all weird earlier - my message did not register either.

Did my promised Cutty Sark to Tower Bridge VLM course familiarisation run with a couple of newbies - and my friend Vanessa (239 marathons and counting) - as the weather was nice we carried on till Narrow Street (mile 14 marker) along The Highway and ran back to Tower Gateway DLR station - 9 miles exactly in 1:46 (about 12 seconds/mile quicker than promised).

Have decided not to give accumulative time anymore  but

YTD = 2014.38 miles

Muttley, do Dymchurch in January (lovingly called Grimchurch by those who have run it) - really really flat (honest) - five laps (well there and backs actally) on the sea wall. I promise you that all future runs will seem exciting but this one does test your resolve.

• Options

Website keeps freezing for me too over the past few days.

Couple of 4 milers since last update, so 688.5 YTD. Only 61.5 left to hit my revised target of 750 - so 1.81 miles per day, or 12.67 per week, for the rest of the year. Fingers crossed!