Options

Wednesday 22nd March 2017 - It doesn't seem so long ago

Morning.

Lyrics - It doesn't seem so long ago

I'm afraid your weather might get worse yet OH - sounds as though you're making the most of it though. Have you decided about the ultra?

Is your face feeling better Wabo?

That was a long way to go for your trade show SC. Hope TKD went well.

What:             short and easy
Why:              work/tired
Last hard:      getting up
Last rest:       25/2
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

What: some sort of running later
    Why: it's what I do/depends how bad the weather gets
    last hard: Monday
    Lyrics no, yesterday's were Heaven is a place on earth - Belinda Carlisle

Have a great day all
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning
    what - easy double, 6 lunch, 8 tonight
    why - midweek miles
    last rest - 6/12
    last hard - yesterday 5x600s at 5k pace. 9m in total. Wilted.
    lyric - not sure
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: not sure

What: not sure

Why: am sure! The weather looks particularly foul! Will try to find a dry window for something easy. Or I get wet.

Have you got snow, OH?
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    LMH, I still have a pain in the tooth, not as bad but not gone.  Fed up with it, antibiotics almost finished, toothe had been x rayed so I am at a loss as to why it still hurts - enjoy your short and easy
    Dustin wow that's some miles!
    alehouse   enjoy whatever you do, I am sure you will
    what: 2.6 miles done this morning, nearly 8 mile run last night ;-)
    why: moonwalk, run everyday, mad you name it
    last hard: this morning
    last rest: 31/12
    off for a curry for my birthday tonight, I am still celebrating lol!
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Sorry that you still have some pain, Wabo. Don't celebrate too hard! Save that for next year!

What: 40 minutes around Sale Water Park and along the Mersey.

Why: a 40 minute sort of day. Parked the car on the way back from work, checked the forecast, which said rain in 7 minutes and 67% chance of rain in the next hour, and set off. 40 minutes later and I was back at the car without having a drop of rain on me. Feet and legs were soaked though from ploughingodding through mud and puddles.

And yes, Wabo, I enjoyed it. Pouring now!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    It was nice here this morning but not now - your rain seems to have arrived:-(

That's not good about the tooth Wabo - are you going back to the dentist? Hope you enjoy the curry.

My marathon magazine has arrived:-) Always makes it feel more real.
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Non-stop rain overnight here, LMH, not stopping until 12:30...and pouring again now. Wonder if OH is snowed in in Cumbria?
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

8.5 km done at lunch will do another 5km to go and pick up a mouthguard later. Going to try out the local lacrosse team tomorrow and want to keep my teeth!

Went out in a gap in the rain. At about km 5 it started again. Feet and shoes soaked from canalside puddles. Rest of me damp.

Wabo enjoy the curry!
  • Options
    Snow but not snowed in in Cumbria. Currently in HM after a not-too-pleasant drive down. Travelling back to Keswick this evening. Dad sleeping a lot but ate lunch with us.
    Weather due to be good after today ...
    Aiming to do 15 mile around Ennerdale within next 2 days. Don't need to decide about Ultra (30 mile Great Tartan Skidadle) until 7 April.
  • Options
    StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    Enjoy the celebrations as much as you can Wabo. Impressed emzap and Dustin. Hope you enjoyed the short and easy LMH.
    Lyrics: Unsure
    What: Casual 6
    Why: No one to run with
    Last hard:Think it must have been Monday
    Last Rest: Yesterday before tkd :-)
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Another 5.5 km done so up to 14 for the day.  As soon as I opened the door the heavens opened.  Luckily my new rain jacket arrived in the post this morning, so tried it out.  Kept my upper body quite dry though still turned up to the sports shop looking like a drowned rat!  Chinese takeaway tonight, haven't had it for ages!
    OH hope the drive back is better.
  • Options
    Hope your journey back is ok OH and that you enjoy the rest of your holiday.

Nice running emzap.

I did thanks SC - hope you enjoyed yours.
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    And hope Dustin, and anyone else in London, is not affected by today's events.

Glad dad was "with it" for part of your visit, OH, and that the rest of your holiday has decent weather. 

Well done, Emz! Hope the lacrosse is fun tomorrow.
  • Options
    Me too Alehouse - it sounds pretty grim:-(
  • Options
    RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Praying for all those affected by the events today in London.

Yesterday - 4m with some strides at the end

Today - 4m Intervals 7 x .28m

Afternoon waiting at home for the Gas man.... ran up after 4 to ask where he was to be told that he tried to gain access at 1400....... funny that at that time the front door was wide open with the locksmith fitting the new locks.... lying little toads.... British Gas have caused me no end of issues since we moved here...

Take care