Options

Wednesday 20th September 2017 - Hearts and stars and people waiting for their train to come.

Morning.

Lyrics - Hearts and stars and people waiting for their train to come.

Sounds as though recovery is going well OH.

What:             short and easy/physio
Why:              taper/maintenance
Last hard:      not running more in the lovely mornings we've been having
Last rest:       15/7

Yesterday's lyrics - Closer by Travis.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Options
    Morning all
    Stray - 4 hours is indeed a decent marathon time, let alone after what you've been through.
    I'd offer to run with and play nurse, but suggest LmH may carry the uniform off better than I  - Think Bernard Bresslaw dressed up as a nurse in one of the "Carry Ons.."

What - easy miles
    Why - Hills instead of 600s yesterday: 6x400 steady climbs, 5x150 shorter hill sprints
    last rest - 9 days
    last hard - yesterday

Just realised I'm 'racing' the next 4 weeks: Road Relays this week (low key, filling the gaps), Basingstoke Half (steady tempo), First Sunday XC (steady amble), First Hampshire XC (harder run)

• Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all

Re Ballot, I entered and right here right now I just wonder why with the training for Snowdonia but the fact is I only need to come in under 4.5 hours and have myself GFA.  Just once in my life I'd quite like that!
    Dustin I love that you 'just realised' you are racing! lol
    LMH enjoy the short and easy 

What: it's going to be 5 off road miles
    why: schedule needs
    last hard: last nights 2.1 with faster work mates
    last rest: 31/12

Oh my goodness, QoP was so painful last night!! Seriously, left calf and right ITB. Just ouchy ouchy ouchy, more than once I heard myself saying no no no.  Did she stop??? like.......
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    Afternoon!

Lyrics: no

What: a-g treadmill, probably.

Why: physio. Probably making a few decisions about where the Achilles is up to. Generally I only seem to be in discomfort after the leg presses, although I felt a few pains when teaching dance this morning! Not quite ready for twisty, sideways movements I suspect.

Will report back later.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Dustin: I live in hope.....that I get in...that I stay injury free...that I can maintain training regime. Having GFA's and done Boston it's still a bit of me missing but much better than the alternatives. Get op 2 out of the way pre Christmas and then crack on. If I miss London, Paris is calling and is still available :-)
    Lyrics: Nope
    What: Short hop
    Why: Niggles and don't want to go too far too soon
    Last hard: Walking yesterday afternoon
    last Rest: Forgotten
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    wow alehouse, what kind of dance???

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    I'm surrounded by loons so a mental health nurse would come in handy :)

LMH: I wish I could run more too. I love September. The heat is gone and the mornings are just wonderful, with gentle fog rising. Sigh. Maybe next September :D Re. Gym: I wouldn't have started if I hadn't broken down the way I have. Don't leave it too long ...

Ale: a man of many talents. Dance - who would have thought? If the leg presses aggravate things shouldn't you stop? I'd say leave it if it hurts. Our physios/osteos can only prescribe what they think might work for us but ultimately everybody is different.

Dustin: Ouch re all those races and wabo: ouch re QoP

What: half an hour of xt in the gym / strechting tonight
    Why: sooo tired, needed the zzzzzz this morning and had a lie-in
    Last hard: boot camp yesterday - I'm bliddy sore
    Last rest: 5/8
    Lyrics: I think so
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Evening!

Chick: primary school teachers have to teach everything, so English, Maths, Science, Art, Design Technology, Computing, History, Geography, R.E., French, Spanish, Music, Dance, Educational Gymnastics, Games, PSHE and I've probably forgotten something! re Dance we use various computer programs so I either join in or demonstrate. Not always a good idea and this morning it was just automatic to demonstrate a few things. Silly really as yesterday when doing gymnastics I was very careful not to demonstrate!

Re Achilles, the research says, and I know SC will back me up here, that if the weight bearing exercises are not causing discomfort  in or around the Achilles then they are not working and the weight needs to be heavier! 

Anyway, some cautious good news: allowed to run, in moderation, starting with run/walk and to back off if there is a reaction the next day, or at the time. To continue with cross training and stretches but above all continue with the leg press work and eccentric drops, with as big a weight as I can manage...and yes, expect discomfort from this. Am going to continue to use the anti-gravitational treadmill for the quicker running in an attempt to regain fitness: running on a "real" treadmill today showed how much fitness has been lost since I last ran on June 24th. 1km today with no pain (actually 2 x 500!).

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Excellent news Alehouse.

I'm looking forward to being warm in a couple of weeks chicksta!

It is definitely better than the alternatives SC.

Hope you feel better for the ministrations of your QoP Wabo.

Physio declared me in tip top condition and ready to race - no excuses there.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.