Options

Thursday 5th April 2018 - Well, I know from experience

Morning.

Lyrics - Well, I know from experience

Hope it went well at Barts and you made it to your race Wabo?

Cold start to the day here and lots more rain yesterday so I suspect there may be cold floods to navigate on my run this morning. RHR is down a couple of bpm so at least it's going in the right direction.

What:          easy miles/maybe gym
Why:           taper/time wasting
Last hard:   training through the weather we've had/tapering
Last rest:    6/3
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    What - easy run
    Why - taper
    last rest - 15/12
    last hard - Tuesday
    lyric - don't think so
  • Options
    Morning

LMH Glad to hear your RHR is lower this morning great news and it sure is cold 0 degrees here!

Dustin: Happy tapering are there going to be cakes in the tapering?

What 5.5 miles
    Why: Body she said not so far today so I listened
    Last hard: sleeping and getting out the door this morning.
    Lyrics:I don't think so
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    Good morning!  I hope everyone is doing well and running strongly.

I have stopped all my blood pressure meds and my running has taken off, feeling great.  Even managed a 10 mile race in 61:55 on Sunday, my best run since about 2006.  10 years of meds and did I even need them?? Who knows!  

Stirling Marathon on the 29th, looking forward to it, have managed 7 runs of 20+ miles in the build up so should be fine.  

Very crisp morning here with about an inch of frozen snow, nice.  Did 4 miles with club session planned later. 
  • Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Happy tapering, folks.

Yesterday's lyrics were Shake the Disease - another Depeche Mode track. You can tell they're one of my favourite bands. Hope you shook your taper niggles, LMH.

Fancied a break from the usual routine today and checked out the latest Fitness First branch that opened this week and is not too far from where I work. Very pleased there are spin classes back on offer. They stopped them in my home club when one bike after the other broke and weren't replaced. The new classes are on fancy high tech Watt bikes. 45 min of sweaty fun. Loved it. Wanted to swim afterwards but the pool heating doesn't work and it was freezing cold. I managed 10 lengths (it's just a 16m pool) and was shivering by then. But once they've fixed it this could become a regular thing I'd like to do.

There's something like 800 virtual classes on offer too but today's was with an actual instructor which was a good thing as I wouldn't have had a clue how to set up the bike. They've also got an indoor running track. 100m ....  imagine that. Doing a 20 miler indoors on a 100m track :grin:

What: see above
    Why: fancied a change
    Last hard: getting warm again after that horribly cold pool
    Last rest: 18/3
    Lyrics: no
  • Options
    Chilly here first thing too Poppy but bright, still and lovely now.

Nice to see you Donaldo and good to hear that your running is going well.

I like spin and agree the Watt bikes are really good chicksta, don't think I'd even have made it into the pool though! Not too sure of the benefits of a 100m track? I should have got yesterday's lyrics.

Typical taper madness here, aches and pains, some real, some no doubt imagined, worried about twisting my knee or falling over in the muddy bits and had an amazing run. It was so nice out, an ideal day for a long run - why does that always seem to happen when you can't?
  • Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

xpost with Donaldo

Great to see you back on form and without meds. Blood pressure meds are just a money spinner for the pharmaceutical industry. There's been a few documentaries lately about lobbyists pushing for lower and lower BP numbers to be considered normal so overnight there are millions of new patients on the globe that need to take prescription drugs. Well done for ditching them :+1:

LMH: Always the same, isn't it? Especially with a spring marathon after a long and arduous winter. I'm glad I'm doing an autumn one. I think they'll use the track for parts of the circuit classes. Otherwise it doesn't seem to make sense to me.

• Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Good to see you Don! Meant to message you to say well done on the 10 miler: saw the result when I was looking for one of the Alehouse guys who did it also. Soon be taper time for you too!

Looking forward to Emz and SC's reports, and hope Wabo makes the Assembly League in time, although Barts of course is rather more important!

What: probably a walk plus fitness suite

Why: daren't do more...again

Lyrics: no
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    I see a few folks tapering - for London I presume?

Dustin, LMH, how has the training been?  On course to meet your targets? 
  • Options
    DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    alehouse, I did wonder if you might be keeping an eye on some results! ?
  • Options
    Boston (Lincs) this year for me Donaldo for various mainly logistical reasons. Had a bad start to the year with a virus that knocked me out for 4-5 weeks but things seem to have been picking up lately.
  • Options
    StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    Good running Donaldo. Great time.
    Sunday's 10k cancelled so entered local toughish 7 miler. 1st mile is uphill so that'll be slow before I work my way through the field :-) 2127 5k last night and no blip so really chuffed.
    What: Rest
    Why: Bala today
    Last Hard: Tuesday's double
    Last Rest: Today
    Lyrics: Can't place