Options

Sunday 15th April 2018 - We’veLy come a long long way together

Morning.

Lyrics - We’ve come a long long way together

Nice meal last night, rubbish sleep, still have the headache this morning and my left calf is really tight - what’s that about? Not something I usually have any issues with. Forecast has improved a bit with less wind though it will probably feel a bit chilly for me at the start. P seems ready, not too nervous and talking about his autumn marathon! I’ve created a monster. LOL.

What:         The other Boston marathon 
Why:           I’m not running London
Last hard:   Not running London
Last rest:     13/4

Yesterday’s lyrics - The Lunatics - Fun Boy 3

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Go well, LMH! You've done the training so no reason not to! If you think you can you are probably right! Think positive thoughts etc! 

What: walk plus fitness suite for stretches etc

Why: consultant said

Lyrics: no
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Go get em, LMH and P.

Nice parkruning yesterday folks :)

Your Vit D levels are still very low ale.

Benjy: what LMH said. I'm easily the oldest runner on our corporate team but by no means the slowest. The other guys and girls are 15-20 years younger than me! I'm nowhere near LMHs paces though I must hasten to add.

What: some sort of run
    Why: coz I love it
    Last hard: sitting in a car for most of the day yesterday
    Last rest: 18/3
    Lyrics: no
    Friday's were Coldplay The Scientist
  • Options
    DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    Morning all.  Have a great race LMH. ?

12 miles done already, very early start as helping my parents move house today.  Lovely morning.

Lyrics, yes. 
  • Options
    LMH: Go you, hope it goes well!
    Chicksta: Will keep that in mind, I would need to train differently though for speed, after VLM I might go back to half-marathons for that reason.
    Donaldo: Good early morning one there!

What: A run of some distance to be dertermined how I feel
    Why: Haven't run since Thursday, easing off for VLM
    Lyrics: Certainly
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

Go go LMH :)

What: 7.5km run this morning, wedding fayre next then a flight to sunnier climes :)
    Why: making the most of being off work
    Last hard: parkrun yesterday
    Lyrics: yes

Have a lovely day all.
  • Options
    Morning

LMH: I hope you are on the last few miles:-) and all gone to plan:-)

Benjy: I must have missed something but I am sure you will get quicker and times will tumble. I like half marathon's:-)

What: Nothing
    Why: Up through the night with Hubby  with severe tooth pain after filling fell out!
    Last Hard Not running or my race which was this morning but looking at the weather at the start things happen for a reason:-)
    Lyrics: Yes I sure do

Sometime life gets in the way and today was one of those days it is not the end of the world. Long run will be tomorrow instead.....
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Very well done LMH!!!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    https://gobi70.wordpress.com/2018/04/15/season-is-over/

Finally written the blog which explains and shows the damage
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Read the blog, Gobi: all I can say is, "Think positive thoughts, banish negative ideas and visualize your success." And don't do it again! Thoughts with you mate! And try to keep that weight off, which I know is not easy having put a stone on since last June when I last really ran in anger.

Hope your protégé got what he wanted, LMH!
  • Options
    GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Ale - I finish positive, I am getting fat and not worrying about. It is bike racing it may happen again :¬) 
  • Options
    Happy holidays emzap.

Benjy - you don't need to train differently o get faster, I just run lots of easy miles.

Sorry you weren't able to race or even run today Poppy.

Will read later Gobi as only just home.

Hope you had a god one chicksta.

Short version - it became obvious in the third mile that today wasn't going to be my day, I was on pace but it was feeling far too much like hard work. Things went from bad to worse when I started having GI issues again - but this time from about mile 8. I had to give in and dive into a portaloo at 11.5 miles which helped though obviously cost me a bit of time and a couple of places, though I think I caught the guys who had gone past later on. I knew that a PB wasn't happening either but determined that I'd go for goal C though for a while I wasn't convinced that I was going to make it however I managed to negative split (I think) and come in at 2.56.49, my second fastest marathon so I should be ok with it really though I'm not especially happy. Good enough for second on the day but would never have challenged for the win even if on PB form as convincingly beaten by a not much younger but consistently faster lady who runs for Rotherham. I am very pleased for P however who smashed his first even marathon to secure his GFA (as long as they don't change it) with a comfortable looking 3.17.17. I am available for marathon mentoring for cake:-)

I knew I had the endurance but wasn't sure if the speed was there having missed those five weeks at the beginning of the year and it looks as though I was right. Nothing I would have done differently though I need to work out what's going on with my stomach (it isn't just an issue when racing) and what I can do to stop it.
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Glad you are not entirely happy with today, LMH! That's good as it shows what high standards you have set yourself and are never satisfied with anything but your best! Lots of positives to take: your second fastest, a position at the top of the rankings and signs of lots more to come later in the year. Well done, enjoy the prize and a couple of easy weeks!

And well done on P's mentoring!
  • Options
    Gobi - I found getting out walking as soon as I could, even though it was painfully slow at first, really helped with my sanity and weight management and when I was able to walk more I think it helped to keep the legs hardened and the heart beating so it didn't take as long as it might for me to get back to running. If you can't get to the shops for healthy food and don't have anyone who will assist how about an online shop - healthier ready meals, pre-prepared salads etc?
  • Options
    DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    Well done on your 2nd fastest ever marathon LMH, sounds like a challenge from the off but you must have dug deep to finish that quickly, very impressive indeed! 
  • Options
    StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    LMH: Great effort and good dose of common sense/sanity in execution and afterthought. Now go and enjoy the other Boston
    Gobi: What Ale said
    Nice miles Donaldo
    What; Frenchay 10k 51.15 but 3k of hr/hrm issues and possibility of SVT before settling down
    Why: On the menu
    Last hard: Leg work at tkd yesterday (Paid for it today)
    Last rest: Thursday
    Lyrics: Yes

• Options
    That doesn't sound like fun SC. How did the dinner go?  ;)

It's not great when you know so soon that things just aren't working Donaldo but ultimately I love to run and appreciate being able to and though I couldn't get out of third gear everything (apart from my stomach) felt fine so there was no reason not to keep going and do my best on the day.
  • Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear that LMH but huge kudos for sticking it out and still running a fabulous time. Hope you can get to the bottom of those GI issues. Have you tried Imodiumor does it not agree with you? Helps me to avoid visits from the gingerbread man ...

And well done to P. Get him to join us on here :)

SC: Nice 10k despite HR issues

Poppy: sorry to hear you missed your race but family has to come first.

Another rainy day but no wind. Managed 5 miles thinking I might go out for a second run in the evening but I'm feeling lazy. Those long drives always flatten me a bit. Call it tapering for Vienna next week :D

Shit, Gobi you look rough, man. Can't even imagine how much that must hurt. There's so much skin missing :scream:
    No idea what zwift training is... But I don't cycle much :)

• Options
    OlliepopOlliepop ✭✭✭
    Evening all,

Nothing today, just got back from Sheffield.

LMH: Well done on the race; good stuff and I am sure you will challenge yourself to beat your PB in future.

WP: Sorry to hear you couldn't race today.

Gobi: Ouch, all the best in your recovery, and hope that you are able to get back into racing once you are ready to do so.
    Have a good day. image
  • Options
    GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    I'm walking already :¬) Waiting for the bike to get riding, almost happy to accept 2 months of no running and probably 3 in the hope of good healing.

Onwards as they say.

Got a tshirt over my head today :¬)
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Sorry been awol much of the weekend, but huge congrats LmH on a smashing time, and a great time from P and I too hope they don't shift the GFA goalposts either!
    What - 14 easy
    Why - taking it easy
    last rest - 15/12 
    last hard - last Wednesday
    lyric - yep
  • Options
    RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    LMH, for someone not feeling it, that's a cracking performance from you, well done. Also very well done to P for a great race and time.

Ale, good to hear that the fracture is healing, albeit slowly. keep taking the positives.

Gobi - continue to heal and recover too

Long run for me today, plan was for 2:15, did 2:17:30 which was 15.4m, and also inc 600m laps at the end with a mix of MP and recovery to train the brain....

Take care
  • Options
    StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    Great effort Gobi. Dustin is 14 ever easy? :-)  LMH I envy your time. TBH wasn't that bad today as I have now got used to the episodes and that they are a fact of life. I don't know when they'll happen but I do know what to do. Today's were minor peaking at 202 and sorted in  minutes. Today was never about the time so once everything settled just got on with it. Great event and good atmosphere. Given the alternatives I'll take it 10/10....now as for the dinner :-) So far so good