Options

Porkers of the world....

Comments

• Options
    Warning BB rant alert

blond boy aged 12 claimed to be ill with a headache ansd sore throat this morning, I felt he was perfectly well enough to be in school. I wrote a note in his journal to that effect, dosed him up with a nurofen melter and a strepsil and sent him on his way. The "illness" has I'm sure a lot more to do with maths homework( not done) and watching celebrity jungle last night. I leave my mobile switched on in case. Met by a neighbour in the bakers "I've brought San home". The school had phoned two neighbours, MR BB in Bath but not me on my mobile!!!!!!!!

Arrived home to find said ill boy looking as right as rain watching a video!!!

Spoke to school nurse and in future will send in sealed letter to form teacher. This has happpened before, he says he is ill(but isn't). Evertyhing appears fine and school, but being 12 he can't talk much.

Gnash, rant, grrrrr

I am not an unkind mother, but I hate this.

Rant over

• Options
    Crashie, the oddest thing is it doesn't hurt at all while I am running or immediately afterwards, but then at work during the day it starts throbbing and gets progressively worse. My latest theory is that it is fine when running because of my orthotics (eventual cure for the original injury) but it's when I'm not wearing running shoes that the foot doesn't have enough support and starts regressing. I'm hoping the physio will concur.

I can't wait for the sick note - can't work, must run.

How's the hip? Are you back on form now?
  • Options
    BarklesBarkles ✭✭✭
    BB

school out of order, we phone mobiles...simple as that!
  • Options
    Thankyou Barkles

Have left mesage with school and Sam's teacher will call me at lunchtime. If there is a real problem it clearly needs sorting , if not he needs a kick:-))

I feel it has more to do with being bright but lazy
  • Options
    (((((((((BB)))))))))))

You do have my sympathy! Stick to your guns, you do know you are right. I hope the school can give you a good reason for not phoning you. Maybe he said you'd be unavailable because he knew you would not be taken in? It's a horrible situation but he will thank you for it when he's older and he sees the benefits of having a good work ethic enforced at home from a young age.

What's he up to now? Still watching the video?
  • Options
    send him out for a 10 mile run
  • Options
    I'm making lunch and then he can read in his room.
  • Options
    Send him back bb! Sounds like a try-on of the first order to me! We are right behind you! You are being firm and giving him a 'consequences of your own actions' lesson at the same time- that's good parenting, I reckon...

Hip is now fine thanks rc. Didn't run Wed, Thurs, Fri, did 10.5 miles Sat, 8.5 Sun, 5.1 Mon, 4.3 yesterday and all was well. Weird, but not as wonderful as a 'can't work, must run' injury!
  • Options
    Make him dig the garden or sweep the street.....Chimney cleaner thats it make him clean the chimney with his tooth brush, lazy likkle sod....In my Day...........
  • Options
    Ah, the bright but lazy thing! You and Barkles obviously know a million times more than me about this, but shouldn't the school be able to cater for this? Aren't there special programmes for gifted children bored by the lack of stimulation of average school? I know I don't have the faintest idea what I am talking about, not being schooled in the UK, but I do genuinely believe understimulation is a massive problem for bright kids and has to be addressed.

Has he done his maths homework yet?
  • Options
    I think you should listen to me BB after all I have absolutely no experience of child care!
  • Options
    Great news about the hip, Crash! I'm glad it's better. Now I can ask the question I've been saving up: are you still planning a slower than 3:45 marathon at Stratford and holding on for the sub-3:45 at Abingdon later in the year? The reason I ask is because you have been running so many PBs so I wondered if you might have upped your plans to go sub-3:45 at Stratford.

(I had to go back and correct both typings of Startford. From now on, can you read "Stratford" for "Startford" when I get it wrong. You won't believe this, but I even had to correct the one in this bracket!)
  • Options
    lol Gumpster , he is currently eating a bowl of cereal and will then go to his tv and electronic gadget free room and sleep or read.
  • Options
    Oh, this is ridiculous! Now I see I even missed one! What is it about the stupid town that makes them spell their name differently from how my fnigers pronounce it? And what happened to my question mark? That's what comes of no one giving me the Truss book for Christmas.
  • Options
    Truss book RC?
  • Options
    bb - whip the little blighter within an inch of his life and then haul him off to school!

(am like gumps on this one!)

rc - you do rant fairly well!! which leads me on to ......how is the argument with the SA HC going??? or have you given up on that one???
  • Options
    The Eats, Shoots and Leaves one that everyone else seems to have got. I didn't type the title because I was already having so much trouble with punctuation and I thought that would be pushing my luck just a step too far.

Let us know what the school says when they get back to you, won't you?
  • Options
    Oh, dear, fbf, that one! I had given up because it got to the stage where my only option was to get and pay a lawyer to fight it for me - all other avenues are just black holes without response. But, last week some hope appeared - a friend of a friend etc. had exactly the same thing happen to her but she is a lawyer and is contesting it. Mr RC has asked his friend to ask her friend for the details so we can see if I can follow the same route. To be honest, if they had refused me permission for dual citizenship (if, of course, they'd ever allowed me to apply!) I would definitely have stuck with the British one because I am now here for good, so I can deal with the loss of the SA one. The loss of my driving licence is the biggest blow, but I suspect that even if I get my citizenship back they will have destroyed my documents so I'll have an even bigger fight to get that restored.
  • Options
    so the saga rolls on then......sometimes comes a time when it's just throwing good money after bad. (mind - we fight all legal battles in our biz and have never lost one yet!!)

I assume now you have to take a UK driving test??
  • Options
    We have got that for ma in laws b'day.
  • Options
    Yeah, well done bb for sending him and large raspberries to the school for falling for it...

rc, still settling for sub4 at Shakespeare (its easier than Startford and much easier than Rejky Rekjy Reykj the Icelandic one!); wouldn't be too disappointed with 4:15ish; I just don't know how well I'll cope with a two-lap course...

Hopefully will run 20miles at Gloucester and Rhayader, Stratford M, ND30k, Vyrnweewee M, Tewkesbury and Forest of Dean halves, (not necessarily in that order), some more base training and then set new PB at Abingdon- or tweak something and have the rest of the year out...

Have you tried your orthotics in your work shoes, or is that a 'killjoy' solution?
  • Options
    fbf, yes, I will. It's 20 years since I did my SA licence so I am dreading it. I suppose I'll have to have lessons beforehand just to make sure I haven't picked up any dreaful habits. I'll also have to do the Highway Code thing. I'll leave until I get back to London, though, because it's a bit difficult commuting between two places each week.

Crashie, that might well be the solution. I used to have some off-the-shelf orthotics for my work shoes but stopped wearing them in November (after three years!) because it seemed pointless for such an old, well-healed (geddit?) injury. Unfortunately those are now at home so I'll only be able to get at them when I go back for the weekend. I hope you do do sub-4 at Startford (see?! that wasn't on purpose). Last time I went for sub-4 I got 4:18 so would have been delighted with 4:15!
  • Options
    Just munched egg mayo bap, am still hungry
  • Options
    Roast chicken 'n' tomato sarnie and an apple munched. Still hungry here too BB.
  • Options
    Slide have a chewy chocolate eclair, at least with Crashie here we'll get our teef sorted when we have finishd them
  • Options
    I've got another apple and a banana for later :o)
  • Options
    A new injury

Walking home from school today developed a new and painful pain in my foot. Radiating from bottom of heel to underside of arch never hadthis before, but it stopped me from walking, it happened several times. I am now aware of a dull ache.

Verdict from Injury could be plantar fascitis