Options

Monday 2nd March 2020 - It's been lonely, tryna get your attention from a thousand miles away

Morning.

Lyrics - It's been lonely, tryna get your attention from a thousand miles away

Enjoying it is the important thing RFJ.

Glad to hear that Lucas is feeling better emzap.

I'm pleased that your performance went well OH. Any plans to make the choir more permanent? I'm sure you'll find a home for the Welsh cakes.

Keeping at least one long run every three-four weeks would give you a great base to work from once things have settled if Paris and London don't happen chamolk.

Cold here this morning. My knees don't feel too bad after yesterday's run though the left one is complaining a little. Time is tight on a Monday though and I would like to get a longer run in tomorrow so I think I'm just going to walk this morning.

What:            nothing
Why:             learning to work within my limitations?
Last hard:     accepting I have the limitations
Last rest:     29/2

Yesterday's lyrics - I'm Not Feeling It Anymore - Tom Jones.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

A frost here but sky is trying to turn bright blue and the wind appears to have dropped. 

Lyrics: no

What: whatever M74 wants to do

Why: Monday and I get a training partner

All sounds good, Emz (except the cleaning)

You sound more positive RFJ! Are you doing any balance work like yoga or Pilates?

Hope you are feeling better, Wabo
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    A beautifully still morning here too Alehouse and dry which is quite a novelty. My knee made it quite clear on my walk that running today was not a sensible option if I want to be able to run tomorrow. Enjoy your run in company.
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

Reasonable run, largely off road,  with M74, and then tagged on an extra ten minutes. A little breezier than I thought but managed to keep my feet dry: lots of Saturday's puddles appear to have been stolen. 

Sensible to take the sensible option, LMH!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Morning.

Enjoy your outing with M74 Ale, make the most of it if you have LMH's weather - hopefully.

Given the last couple of summers (very hard to train for me due to the heat and just another source of stress as a result) I'm not planning on an autumn marathon LMH.

Maybe Lucas will become a swimmer then emzap. Or he is already practicing aqua-jogging.

Down week will have done you good chamolk.  I would prefer the events to be cancelled now and have it done with rather than have weeks of uncertainty and last minute cancelleations. Marathon training is hard work and consumes a lot of time.  I would certainly drop down to maintenance such as suggested by LMH.

Good work RFJ.

Good home offered to those spare cakes OH.

Interesting regarding the leg use analysis Chicksta.  Well done on your back to backs.

Good news on your back WP. 

What: rest day - probably some core work (always a good idea).
    Why: Monday
    Last hard 1: yesterday's long run became an MLR as I ran out of beans and motivation
    Last hard 2: accepting that running for a purpose is a lot more important to my mental health than I thought. 
    Last rest: today

• Options
    The trails have definitely dried up a lot here too Alehouse but the flooding is still very evident. Is your back feeling better?

I think it's interesting and great how we're all so different Hazel. As you know I much prefer running when it's warm and dry and generally speaking I don't need races to motivate me as I just love to be out and running. It's a shame that if your spring race is cancelled you won't be able to make use of your training immediately but it will still have been worthwhile. Unfortunately I don't think anyone will make any early decisions about cancelling events, they'd all rather something happens to mean that they can hold them as planned, but I can't see the situation improving any time soon. 
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all, 
    AWOL again most of the weekend
    LmH - sorry to hear about the continued knee issues
    Wabo - yay for being super Gran, not so good about the race yesterday
    Chick - sorry to hear about the dog, but good skills with the double long runs
    Hazel - would you trust me to bring back the welsh cakes untouched...??

Long run on Saturday, weather was miserable, and took to the country lanes. Long stretches completely under water, plenty of streams over the banks, and dips in the road had become ponds. 
    Rain eased for the middle hour, but decided to resume torrentially for the last 4 miles. Just shy of 21 in the end.
    IKEA negotiated with a minimum of fuss but made the mistake of having lunch there: half hour queue for some average meatballs...
    Sunday was the last race in the Sunday XC season - rescheduled after the last lot of wind & rain. 
    For me, a mere recovery run over 5 miles through mud and gravel track. 
    Club had already won the series (worst score excluded) so just enjoyed a run through the woods on a sunny day

Back in here for a rest
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    afternoon all
    I know these lyrics today...
    dustin and being a super gran is what got me lurgies!! lol
    Sounds a  tough long run at t he weekend
    hazel enjoy the rest
    alehouse well done on the run today
    lmh, take care, hopefully all good for a run tomorrow

Not really feeling great tbh, little runlater
    what: something mega short and an evening of rest. 
    why: being at work is a struggle
    last hard: yesterday 
    last rest: 31/12/16
    have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    the worst thing about whatever lurgy Cleo has given me is my achy legs....
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    The reason these lyrics came to me instantly I posted them 6/11/19.  Thought they were familiar
  • Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Never understood the IKEA meatball fuss, Dustin. Decent weekend of running :+1:

If you're not well you shouldn't run, wabo ... Ouch re. achy legs

Sorry your run didn't go to plan yesterday, Hazel. These things happen. It's hard to keep the motivation going for an event that may not happen ... I just hope our trip goes ahead or else we'll be a couple of grand out of pocket :o insurance won't pay - it's force majeure.

With you on summer training being tough but it's still prefer a warm run to the horrid conditions we had this winter. Especially all the wind and rain.

Poor you, LMH. Hard not to run on a nice day.

Nice run with your friend, ale.

Keep on running, RFJ. You're doing great.

I find it totally amazing how babies take to the water, em. Fascinating stuff.

What: 5 mile recovery run
    Why: was supposed to be a rest day but it was sunny and not windy so I wanted to do a little something. Most likely resting tomorrow as I had my travel vaccinations today and I'm likely to feel a bit shit tomorrow.
    Last hard: Saturdays long run was hard work
    Last rest: 16/2
  • Options
    RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the positive comments, makes it easier when I am down and after a crap day....

Ale, just stretching and exercises at present, keep meaning to do body balance, but need the confidence to do so....

Take care all
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    You get the confidence from having a go and lots of practice, RFJ! I always say it is like learning to play the piano! You will only ever be any good if you keep practising! Worth joining a class: there will be other people who find it just as hard as you! And have a better day tomorrow!