Options

Mon 30th May - High noon, oh I'd sell my soul for water

chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
Lyrics - High noon, oh I'd sell my soul for water, nine years worth of breakin' my back. There's no sun in the shadow of the wizard, see how he glides, why he's lighter than air 

Yesterday's were I've Been Everywhere, the version I know is by Johnny Cash, though I've heard a version by Rolf Harris about British places too. It was written by Geoff Mack apparently in 1959 and was covered by various people I've never heard of.

Glad you got out for something Els, even if shorter than planned 

Easy running planned today, hopefully a trip to the gym as well

Comments

• Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no. Although thinking about it should probably have got yesterday's.

What: supposed to be an hour with M77

Why: plan, but I'm very tired after a bad night and the forecast is grim, so we'll see what happens.

Well done again, Emz: onwards and upwards.

Hope that the holiday is going well, Wabo; did you get to parkrun?
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning

Good luck with your plans chamolk.  Shame you didn't get to junior parkrun but it seems it worked out anyway for your kid.

A run might help with the tiredness Ale, hopefully not too grim.  Good mileage last week.

Well done on getting out for your longer run yesterday chicksta.  Can't remember the last time I got rained on out running.

Great work on the 10k emzap especially with the less than ideal preparation.  Lucas did well too!  Any other convenient 10ks coming up you might be able to target?

What: cycle/walk
    Why: Monday running rest day
    Last hard: seemingly finding enough common sense not to run 10 miles too hard yesterday.
    Last rest: 30.05.22

Lyrics: no
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Oops was meant to be 58 not 28!

Oh no ale, hope you're not too wiped out today.

Something is better than nothing els!

Chick nice long running

Hazel hope the legs aren't too bad from the hard 10miler!

I'm debating a half on the 2nd July. Not sure if it's too soon though. I'm up to about 13km so think it's just about doable...
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Lyrics no
    Hazel have a good rest day enjoy the cycle/ walk!
    Alehouse hope you get out for something, hopefully it makes you feel better
    Chamolk have a good run and gym
    Ale I did park run on Saturday at Eden it was fantastic, I really enjoyed it! 96th one I've done
    I twisted my ankle last night mucking about with my daughter running and tapping both feet together to the side if you know what I mean, she can't do it. We were all laughing then I did one and landed on right foot in a hole and crack. Very swollen and bruised today so I'll not be running!!
    Weather not great either, think a boat trip if we can
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Sorry been MIA this weekend
    Emz - well done with the 10k, I too was originally envious of you chasing down 28 minutes!
    Top work from Lucas as well. 
    Chamolk - decent training last week and well done to the youngster nabbing a PR pb. 
    Ale - impressive May tally - hope you feel well enough to get something done today
    Hazel - enjoy the easy day 
    Els - nice to slot a little run in yesterday!

Weekend summary 
    Saturday - easy 10k thru the woods then Anniversary dinner #2
    Sunday - Gardening and then 17 miles easy over the trails
    Today - easy 45 minutes
    Why - recovery
    last rest - 2/04
    last hard - yesterday
    lyric - nope

• Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    Morning again!

Hope the ankle isn't too bad, Wabo!

Taper time yet, Dustin!

How are the legs today, Emz? A half sounds a long way to me!

What: 58 minutes largely off road

Why: too lazy to make it up to an hour. Stopped at my house: normally I carry on round the corner to M77's to add a few minutes on but had had enough today. In the main it was wet and 9 degrees. I have succumbed and put the heating on! 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Nice 10k emzap and bless Lucas!! It's lovely when they enjoy it!!!
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Great race report, Emz. And a really good outcome. I hope you're pleased. Also well done Lucas 😊 phew, a half in 5 or 6 weeks sounds tough. Experience and accumulated mileage will perhaps help.

Chamolk: congrats on junior's PB. The Johnny Cash version s the one I was thinking that of too.

Ale: almost an hour in those conditions and not feeling too chipper is plenty. Heating is always on here 😬 it's on automatic and when temps drop below 15 degrees outside it comes on. I'm too old to be uncomfortable in my own house 😉

Enjoy your rest day, Hazel.

Ouch, wabo!! Heal quickly 🙏🏼

Busy weekend, Dustin.

Lyrics: no

10 and a bit miles offroad today in my trail shoes. If I really want to do a trail ultra in August I better practice the offroad ultra shuffle. Grass was knee high in places and the ground muddy from rain so that was hard work.

• Options
    elspeth fayelspeth fay ✭✭✭
    Lyrics - no!
    Wabo, ouch, hope no major damage done!
    Chick, that's a good trail run, knee high grass is a pain!
    Just over 8 trail miles this afternoon, well a bit of road mixed in tbh but still. Hard but good.
    Dustin, a good weekend running.
    Emz, sure you'll be fine with the half!
    Ale, hope you got on OK.
    Back to work this morning after holiday, a bit chaotic but OK in the end!