Options

URWFRC Weekend in Wolverhampton

Comments

• Options
    3 washes and my kit is as good as new. Ish.

2 showers and a bath, and I'm slightly cleaner.

Haven't dared look at my trainers though.

Thanks to Rich for organising us so well, and to everyone that was there support crew and racers both - it was a great team effort and it really made the weekend for me.

The X country was horrible - X country wasn't like that when I last did it at school. What happened to twice round the school playing fields and hide behind the bike sheds ?

The Assault course part was brilliant fun. Just like being a kid again and you could get as muddy as you wanted !

I'm entereing asap !
  • Options
    JjJj ✭✭✭
    I have never seen anybody, in any race let alone one designed by Beelzebub, grin with such unadulterated glee as that shown by Cougie at The Tyres.

¦oD

But I was muddier than you, was I not?!?!
  • Options
    morning all - chaos here at work already... but thanks Richard for cajolling us into a great weekend... still grinning and reliving the moments... suffice to say I will be back... but could someone tell me why I feel like I have played a game of rugby?!!!

Jj - great hand marks!!!
  • Options
    PS Iron Maiden rules!!!
  • Options
    JjJj ✭✭✭
    Spansie - I'm actually reluctant to clean them off! LOL!!!

And you are, and always will be, our very own Iron Maiden!
  • Options
    Hi all!

I've survived to tell the tale which was my main goal :-)

Some amazing performances out there. I didn't like the heights!! The Tiger Traps were aptly named ... The mud! My kit's been washed twice and looks a bit more recognisable, as for the bath ....

Coming down the stairs was a bit of a struggle this morning :-)

What's next? Some bonkers suggestion on Saturday night about hurtling up & down Box Hill on a bike :-)

What a great team! Thanks Richard for all your organising efforts.
  • Options
    Hi everybody - that was just AWESOME!!!

A 3hrs 36 mins freezing cold mudfest..how do they make mud THAT deep & glutinous, it just sucks you under & downwards?

and then the COLD!!! Ouch, my privates, denied natural bloodflow, just shrivelled.

and just how did Joe get round in 2 hrs 20? (did he cut out the X Country?) Next time, I start at the front - what am I saying?

Thanks Richard for organising the weekend - you're a star; in fact, you're all stars.

And Babsie Babe, see you and nephew Mike at the next London social.

• Options
    Well...i'm offically in pain....Spans..i'm with you on the rugby feeling..I was wondering when I last felt like this....unfortunately it was after a beating in Holloway!

Legs are cut and brusied to hell...but what a great time. I'm still picking mud out of places it should just not be allowed to be....and everytime another load comes out of my nose I get to smell Mr mouse's farm again..deep joy!

Right...what's next?

Jungle / Atrtic / Desert...

I'm a URWFRC memeber get me in there!
  • Options
    Oh and Rich....thanks again!
  • Options
    Good to meet you all Saturday night - thanks for reminding me Rich.

I am in a state of awe and think you're all heroic, dead hard and a bit potty!!

Will probably join in next year all the same...............
  • Options
    my poo smelt of Toughguy mud this morning

that was top notch, excellent FUN with a capital F , U and N and the best fun in mud and water since retiring from rugby (Spans - will agree - haven't had this feeling in my body for over 10 years)

RichM - ta for all the organisation - top marks sah and to your fats buddies (Stevo - phew!)

right - next year's entry in the post today - I want a front line spot so I don't get bottlenecked.

I will be compiling a report and whacking the piccies petal took up to an internet site. If anyone has some input they want for the report e-mail it over to me asap so I can get it included - I will post the report to you guys first for comment before I load up to here and send to Mr Pishfool for the web (or maybe magazine if he's watching?)

bring the 2005 Iron Maiden on!!!!!!!
  • Options
    fats=fast (good oops that one)
  • Options
    Results are in.....707th although it does have me down as over 2 hours....it was getting your name taken that put me over the 2 hour mark...1:59:40 it was ;-)

That was quick!
  • Options
    2316 03:16:20 4527 MCLAUGHLIN ANNA F 32
    2317 03:16:21 4544 DONOVAN RICHARD M 51
    2318 03:16:27 4193 GAVIN JOHN M 31

hmm - not 51 yet - in March - bastards!

(spans, me and gavo - if ya don't know)
  • Options
    Morning Tough Guys. Actually feeling pretty good this morning - no muscular pain but am going to have some cracking bruises namely right knee and shin and right upper arm. Official time 1:42:57.

....... and yes, I have brought my application form in to complete and send off for next year's event.
  • Options
    Yeah....I'm apparently 32...maybe completing TG adds a year on your life!
  • Options
    1165th for me - Rich - 54th !!! Respect !

That was so much more fun than any race I've ever done.

Again again - to quote Dipsy !
  • Options
    They did the same to me Dick - I'm not 35 till August :-(
  • Options
    Cougie...it was the power of Dipsy that got us around.

54th is just mental!

'dillo....what's that...you doing it next year?!

Bring it on!
  • Options
    Er, I can't remember how old I am. Must have mud in my brain.

WE need to enter as a team next year though and get a team result too !
  • Options
    Apparently Tough Guy is on the front of the Guardian today ? Nice pic ?
  • Options
    I blame being stuck on the Paradise(?!?) climb for 25 minutes for being so slow!
    Also hyperventilating at the top of the Tiger Traps slowed me a little!
  • Options
    so Stevo came 25th - much respecto to him amd RichM
  • Options
    I feel old enough this morning without MR. M. adding a year on. Still discovering bruises, have a spectacular imprint of the safety net on my left shin.

If I do this again it has to be from the front, can't take that queuing again.

Me 3.35 ish
    Mike 3.33ish
    Mike was brilliant, he must have covered at least a quarter of the course twice, going backwards and forwards to help his batty old Aunt and lots of others too. He was badgering a couple of mates to do it with him next year before we'd even got home!

Posted my thanks last night, but thanks again everyone for a brilliant weekend.

• Options
    JjJj ✭✭✭
    much respect to all of you, FB. Have you got all the mud out of your li'l beardie thing yet?

I snapped my jeans over my knee to fit them in the washing machine. :o)
  • Options
    Morning all!

Trust all mud removed and washing machines clogged.

Jj - thank goodness you didn't do the pink angora thing!!

In reviewing the photo's I wonder if RichM had put less effort into constantly grinning he could have moved up a couple of pips?!

Well done to everyone!
  • Options
    Meant to ask, did anybody else feel a wierd sense of euphoria after the underwater tunnel? Not sure if it was lack of blood to my brain or relief. I didn't find that too difficult and thought the marshals were excellent, calming and reassuring.
  • Options

Just a quick one to say thanks to all, participants and supporters, for a cracking weekend and special thanks to Rich for encouraging me to give it another go shortly after finishing the Dublin Marathon. I'll definitely be back next year.

Well impressed with finishing (1224th), and even more impressed in finishing for the first time in the top 50% for any running event! Well chuffed! I might even start posting my mile/HRM spilts like some of the running geeks on here!

Just to continue the conversation re. Ballbuster on Saturday night:

- 8m run, 24m bike, 8m run
    - 13th November

See www.humanrace.co.uk for further info. One downside to this event is that I think that it may fall on the day before the Brighton 10K!

Thanks again!

P.S. Snoop, I probably finished in 2:20+ because I got a good night's rest!!!
  • Options
    FB - Petal - can you mail us the pics please or are they going up on a webpage ? I can't mail you direct - it's not activated.
  • Options
    JjJj ✭✭✭
    petal - I opened my wardrobe this morning just to be reassured that it was still there, bright and clean. lol

Barbara - sounds like a near-death experience.

And were the Politeness marshalls there to stop people saying rude words? Coz I have to say - some of them slipped through unnoticed!