Options

Running in clogs

Can anyone help me? I am only a small lad and I have just taken up running to help make me fit (and taller). My Mum and Dad are poor and can't afford to buy me any kit so I go out in my school uniform shorts, vest and school clogs. I'm ok for the first mile or so but when I get to the top of our cobbled street my knees start to hurt a bit. At this point I usually stop to have a drink of Iron Bru and a Waggon Wheel and chat to the milk man and stroke his horse. Anyway what I'm trying to ask is should I wear my dads boots to go running in and should I swap Iron Bru for Tizer? All advice would be fandabidozi!

Comments

• Options
    I think you need to change your shoes, I would recommend the new Asics Hovis which has a special wooden last offering pronation support.
  • Options
    Jings! Tizer?! Away wi' ye! Stick with the Irn Bru!

Why not ask Oor Wullie and the Broons if they'd like to join you? I'm sure they'd be up for it. A word of advice though - being chased by PC Murdoch may seem like a braw speedwork session, but thanks to our current Home Secretary, the penalties for apple scrumping are now quite severe.
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice. If I save the 10 bob I get every week from me Da instead of spending it on 'bulls eyes' and 'granny sookers' I'll be able to 'affae' some new pumps in about seven years! Still I'll only be sixteen by then. Anyway I'm off down to the brew to play on me cartie. Fandabidozi!
  • Options
    Hello Wee Jimmi!!

I think you should stick with your clogs. My little trotters are quite a lot like clogs and it didn't take long to adapt them to running. I don't have shorts or a vest either - my mother won't let me have them because she's afraid the other piglets will laugh at me - but it hasn't held me back. Just keep wolfing down those Wagon Wheels and you'll be fine.

From one Wee to another :)

Piglet