Friday sesh, 13 December

What: Rest.
Why: Rest day!

Last hard: last week.
Last rest: today. :)

Comments

• Options
    What: rest day for me
    Why: because I don't usually run 3 consecutive days.

I might go to the gym tonight.
  • Options
    Thursdays dilema was how to squeeze in a sesh and make it to a party that I was under peer pressure to attend. Simple - go home to get changed into DJ, quick session in home gym and then back before the party started.

Today: More cycling.
    Why: resting running injury.

Over the last few days I have tried running upstairs on the odd occasion with no ill effects (i.e. no pain), but I still "feel" it so I'm going to give it at least another week to recover before even thinking about running again.

Last day in office today for three weeks - how sad!
  • Options
    What: Rest
    Why: Doing long run tomorrow so that I can make the great pilgrimage South to London on Sunday

Last hard: Monday
    Last rest: Saturday

MartinH - last day for 3 weeks! Lucky you...
  • Options
    MartinH - don't you have any ice out there? Lucky you - our roads are slick at the mo, so no running this morning.
    No work for 3 weeks - how wonderful.
  • Options
    What: 6 Miles Easy (6:50/mile)
    Why: Racing this weekend, so needed an easier run, plus yesterday was hard, plus I was sore (knee, left)
    Last Hard: Yesterday
    Last Rest [oh, dirty word ;) ]: Monday

See you later everyone, I'm going to do some 'real work' now :`(
  • Options
    Morning all,

Have a good break Martin, sounds like you deserve it. Hope your knee responds to the rest.

What: 8 miles @ 1/2m pace.
    Why: the only way I'll get ready for Helsby.
    Last hard: Wed
    Last rest: yesterday.

Have a good weekend all, good luck with your race KK.
  • Options
    Morning everyone.

Laura - I recognise the "why"

what: zilch
    why: scheduled - but it was what my body was telling me it needed yesterday anyway. Seems I need 2 clear easy/rest days to recover from my Tuesday sessions....

last hard day: Tue (can't really count yesterday)
    last rest day: Mon
    last long day: Sun
  • Options
    Laura, Mike, I shall obviously catch only a fleeting glimpse of your backs at Helsby. But I am going to go. Oh, yes!

Today: A short gym session and swim before works party tonight.
    Why: Party starts at 9.30pm so got to do something to keep myself away fromt he biscuit tin till then. Still too many aches for serious running, although SOME of the overtraining symptoms have settled. Helsby in a few weeks...
    Last hard day: Can't remember. Probably the Suicide Sixish almost a month ago.
    Last rest day: yesterday.
  • Options
    What: seven miles steady, very steady, I was knackered, it was 630am
    Why: because I needed to fit in a third session this week, as I've only tomorrow and Sunday left. AND I MUST RUN FIVE TIMES!!
    last rest: yesterday, although I did teach Body Balance (yoga-type thing)
    Last hard: well, frankly, this morning was quite hard
    Feeling in good work mood. Catch you all later.

• Options
    Morning.

What:12k off road running
    Why:Was meeting a mate..........he never showed.....grrrrrrrrrrrr
    Last Rest: Thursday
    Last Hard: Think today was hard, very steep grass/mud hills,needed hands to help climb today.

Have a good un!
  • Options
    Morning all.

What: Squash

Why: Ladder game, will probably be beaten as I haven't played for several weeks and the bloke I'm playing is a real poker of the ball, why can't people just HIT it, instaed of drop boast, drop boast - the only solution will be to get on my toes (and watch the ball).

Last hard: yesterdays club run

Last rest: Monday.

Have a good weekend all and see you monday.

• Options
    Morning all.

What: 6 Miles easy and 10 Minute Mile Pace
    Why: I feel like it.

Trying out some new socks tonight, 1000 Mile sock within a sock thing.
  • Options
    Hi all

What: 2x2 miles @ 8 min/mile pace
    Why: was supposed to be yesterdays session, postponed in order to go to the pub!
    Last hard: Wed
    Last rest: yesterday
  • Options
    Morning everyone.
    Been a bit lax on the running front this week, what with children's Xmas activites & carbo loading etc at the club Xmas dinner! Will definitely get out today though, lbs are creeping back on.

What: 5 miles steady
    Why: Must do something or sub 50 10K next Sunday won't happen
    Last hard: Sunday
    Last rest: yesterday, the day before, the day before that .....
  • Options
    he there everybody

what : rest
    why: another hard interval session on non-impact indoor equipment yesterday
    last hard : yesterday
    last rest : Tuesday

v slight reaction on knee today, so we'll see how days rest goes, had planned to start introducing treadmill on sat.
  • Options
    MinksMinks ✭✭✭
    What: Nothing - works party and no time to go home beforehand.
    Why: Because it's nearly Christmas.
    Last hard: Probably last Saturday, although I count going out in the recent freezing temperatures as pretty hard!
    Last rest: Yesterday. Had intended to run but felt completely exhausted after a heavy day at work and also felt as though I was coming down with something, so decided to take it easy last night. Think it was the sensible option as seem to feel OK today.
  • Options
    What: 30-35 minutes steady
    Why: Won't bore you with the "recovery from achilles problems, running easy and flattish till the New Year" again (oh, seems I just did....)

Last hard: Well, I suppose the cold on Wednesday was a bit hard.
    Last rest: Yesterday, unplanned. Didn't make it to the gym, had to collect an abandoned car.

Good weekend everyone, back on-line on Monday.
  • Options
    Hello peeps.

What: Naff all.
    Why: Seems to be trendy to have a rest day on Fridays.
    Hard: Depends. Sunday/Tuesday/Thursday?
    Rest: Yesterday.

Had fun blasting a speedy 4K on 't mill yesterday. I love being at the stage where I can surprise myself regularly!

Happy running/recovering, all.
  • Options
    Hi,

What: 20 min on treadmill (trying to work out a speed session!)
    1st 10min: speed 10K/h & 2x400 m at speed 11K/h, then the next 10min 9.5K/H only...
    & Xtrainers, leg press, rowing....

Why: I would like to run a bit faster!

I amazed by some of you, you can run in 1 session what I can run in a week!
    So I do feel a bit "little" on this thread.
    But I liked it because it does motivate me, specially at the moment.
    Thans guys.
    I've run so far this week about 10K ish, you know what I mean.
  • Options
    Sorry about the spelling!
  • Options
    Good for you 1/2m girl, noone's training is too 'little', and if you can do treadmill running fast you've more determination than I have.

Vrap - how nice to see you back! I thought you'd permanently abandoned us in favour of swapping marzipan recipes on the fat club thread. Hope you keep your injuries away and see you in Helsby (keep eating those xmas puddings Fat Face, I need every advantage I can get).

Sleigh-full of brownie points to Snicks for running at 6 am, couldn't do that if you paid me.

Fabulous run in pale winter sunshine just now; did 8 mile loop intending to practise my 1/2m pace of 8 min/miling, came back and saw 62 mins on my watch, which is 3 mins faster than the same route 3 weeks ago, and strangely enough at a lower heart rate (82%).

Recommend tea & gingercake as runner's fodder of choice :)

Have a good weekend all, must just read 'Thunderbird' thread before having a shower!
  • Options
    What: nowt
    Why: it's friday = rest day
    Last hard run: yesterday
    last easy day: today
  • Options
    Halfmarathon girl-

I'll join you in Jan., we can hold our end up to. And we won't always be slow! In the meantime, I follow your exploits with interest.
  • Options
    What: 7 miles (inc 4 x 1 mile) this morning - Snicks beat me by 1/4 hour.

Why: couldn't do it last night (Kids Xmas play - bless!)

Last hard: Tues (10 x 400m track session - bloody cold)

Should have rested today as now have a very runny nose, head is spinning and temperature is up. So rest or v easy day tomorrow.
  • Options
    evening all -

what: 5 mile recovery run @ 6:50 pace
    why: schedule
    last rest: Monday
    last hard day: yesterday, though not it the way it was meant to be

feeling a bit better today but now I've got an open gash on my achilles cos I was too mean to throw away a pair of socks until they had worn right through - not clever. speed session tomorrow will probably fill my trainers full of blood.

have a great w/e everybody.
  • Options
    drewdrew ✭✭✭
    What: 10k alternating pace track session
    Why: Because I really enjoy it, specially when it's raining.
    Last hard day: today
    Last rest: almost all of this week.

Probably wasn't the ideal session to do before being fully recovered from a cold!
  • Options
    What: 7 miles with my new LED light gadgets, helly thermals etc and halogen bike lamp along local lanes this evening
    Why: It's me birthday an' I wanted to play with me pressies !
    Last hard : Wed
    Last rest : yesterday

PS - did try and stick to pavements where possible !!
  • Options
    What
    Speedwork
    10 reps of 200metres at 11.2 kph with recovery(10 min warmup and cooldown as well)
    felt ok
    Maybe it will get easier
  • Options
    Happy Birthday Mr C
    Hey Laura, well done on the time. You'll be well under 4 hours with that sort of running. My steady, steady was 10 min miling! I think, sums difficult after half a bottle of red!
    Think I'll hit the sack soon. Boozing big time in preparation for the drought in Jan, so running with a partial hangover again in the morning.
  • Options
    benz -

way to go! well done on the speed session. it will get easier. award yourself a large gin. :-)