Options

Live Plod Show

Comments

• Options
    Morning all.

Been up for ages making homemade hamburgers for dinner and freezing the rest. Am smelling strongly of onion and garlic - time for a shower before getting dressed and breakfast I think.
  • Options
    Hmmm

breakfast. I think I will go to the gym today.
  • Options
    Would you believe I was listening to this song only yesterday?

Am a prize prat. Dragged myself out of bed with the good intention of going to the running club. They're doing some orienteering, point-to-point thing today which sounded like good fun. Was all set by 8:10, dressed, teeth brushed, water drunk. Only to realise that Raffles has got the car and is half way to the West Country. Doh! It's a couple of miles to the club from my house, which I could plod but not fast enough to be there by 8:30. Crettin.

So it's gardening, work and sorting out my training plan for me today, as I don't feel motivated enough to run by myself. Might go out with Gordon later for a couple of miles.
  • Options
    Morning all,
    Just off to the Thruxton 10K. Wish I had trained better, but it's too late for that now.
    Good luck racers! (are there any?)
    Race report to follow....
  • Options
    mornin all

Good Luck to all racing plodders - GO PLODDERS!!!

Floose - gardening is good x-training, but if you can keep up with a greyhound later then you're some speedy plodder :0)

cracking thread title btw norma
  • Options
    hello

foot a bit beter today so went to gym to X train and weights and situps and pushps

do begin to wonder if some of these Nigels are psycho somatic

if foot holds up will long plod tomrrow

hpw were lovely things Bison?
  • Options
    glad foots feeling a bit better flr

couldn't work out whether you went to B&S in the end or not??

lovely things were very lovely - TM was fantastic, tho didn't see the Hopper or the Tuymans - i'll prob go back in the week somethime to see those. then lovely late lunch in a nice little italian with a couple of bottles, then quick scurry around National Portrait, then nice drink or two in bar whilst AC looked round shops then home to hear horrible news about family friend :((
  • Options
    afternoon gang

am I the only one who doen't know who B&S are?
  • Options
    Hi all - Hope the plodding is going well,

I haven't been out now for 10 days :0( chest infection, and yesterday tripped on a tube escalator, so have a poorly sore knee too. (and acute embarrassment)

Yeo - B&S are Belle & Sebastian, they were playing last night at Somerset House, FLR had tickets, but not sure if she went or not.
  • Options
    Afternoon,
    Just back from 10K. Finished in 57:54. Not a PB, but I didn't really deserve one, due to idleness. Not a breath of wind, long hills and very muggy. Off for a long soak. I haven't taken my shoes off but can feel the blisters!! yuk!!
  • Options
    oh thanks AC, that's much clearer

Well done ADB
  • Options
    well plodded ADB - that's a good time when it's sticky like this.
  • Options
    Hello plodders.

Just back formAthletics club, wheremy hammer throwing exploits have started. It's getting over the 20m line, but it makes me ache all over!!!
  • Options
    ADB - fab plodding

Nicky - great throwing

I've just got back from my long plod, not sure of the distance, but was running for over 2 hours. Will have to measure it on the map later ...
  • Options
    Hi all. Hope you don't mind me joining in on the conversation. I've just been out for a Sunday plod and found it really hard going today. I did 10k for the first time. It took me 63 mins as I had to walk for 10 mins of it. I didn't go to bed till 1.30am due to a party where lots of wine was consumed and it was also really hot. (Excuses,excuses) I was pleased to have covered the distance though.
    ADB_Well done on your run . I hope I can get round a bit quicker next time.
    Norma - running for 2 hours! That's really good going. Can't imagine running for that long at this point. Well done.
    Alley cat- hope you're able to get back to running soon. I've had hip probs so know how frustrating it is not to be able to get out. I also had embarrassing escalator incident wher my skirt actually got stick in it. Had to stop the escalator and sit for ages till someone came to rescue me!Very embarrassing.
    Hi to everyone else aswell.
  • Options
    Hi Geegee

63 minutes for 10k is brilliant regardless of whether or not you had to walk some of it. I always find running really hard after a late night and booze - in fact, I tend to put it off for a day or so ...

Anyway, nice to meet you, and keep plodding !
  • Options
    well plodded geegee & norma

i'm a bad bison and have put off todays planned long plod until tomorrow :0(
  • Options
    i am a very naughty bison norma! but i hate running when it's humid and sticky (and i did have a tiny bit to drink yesterday ;0)) so i promise that i'll do a good long plod tomorrow
  • Options
    okay, might forgive you then
  • Options
    phew! the thought of a puffin reprimanding a bison was starting to worry me ;0)
  • Options
    The puffin is mightier than the ...

Just measured my plod - a very slow 10 miles. Went off road in the Forest of Dean which is quite a contrast to my usual completely flat routes!
  • Options
    Spent most of my time saying hello to mountain bikers.
  • Options
    That's really good, Norma. I bet you feel great for doing that. Sounds like a nice plod. How long has it taken you to work up to being able to run for that far/long? My longest run so far was the 10k I did today.
  • Options
    Geegee - Just keep increasing your long runs by 5 or 10 minutes and you'll soon get there. Must say I'm pretty tired now, coz it was really hilly out there.

And don't push yourself too hard - listen to your body - rest days are important too!

I did my first 10k race last November, and then did my first half marathon in March this year. I'm currently trying to build up the mileage as I've (foolishly?) enetered the Abingdon marathon in October.

Eek!
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice, Norma. Good luck for the marathon. Hope you do well. Sounds like hard work. I'd like to do one, one day ... in the distant future. I'm doing to do a 10k in October though so I'll aim for that first.
  • Options
    Thanks Norma. Only 10m in shot and 23m in hammer.

Regular plodding programme tomorrow....
  • Options
    Good afternoon

went to the gym and hiked my 4mile route with bf. Tomorrow I will run the route.
  • Options
    Go for it Sasjeh, you can take walk breaks if you want to.

Did anyone do the London bikathon today?
  • Options
    Nicky

I won't need a walk break. Since I did more then 5 miles running yesterday :)

In 2 weeks I will try to run 10k. But not next weekend (going home to visit parents, so very hilly course)