Options

TRAINING AND NIGHT SHIFTS

I HAVE JUST GOT STUCK INTO MY TRAINING FOR THIS YEARS FLM ONLY TO HAVE MY WORKING PATTERN CHANGED FROM DAYS TO NIGHTS. ANY ONE DO THE SAME AND IF SO WHAT DO YOU FIND IS THE BEST TIME TO TRAIN AS I NORMALLY TRAIN AT NIGHT.

Comments

• Options
    Darren

Because you are used to training at the end of the day, continue this while in night shift for you the morning will feel like evening and expect to train at that time

i speek from experiance as I used to work 2 weeks days followed by 2 weeks nights

Will
  • Options
    Hi Darren,

Ive been working nights the last 2 years, I find it best to go out training straight away ( Finish at 7am, on roads by 7.30 ) otherwise I will get in and if sit down you will find you wont get up again.

or

I will go to sleep when I get in, get up at midday, train somewhere between 12 and 2pm then back to bed and up at 6.30pm.

Ive found it harder to train in the sence of pushing myself due to the fact nights are hard work and longer hours 8-7pm, but then being able to run in day light this time of year is nice.

Everyone is different, and I posted this message when I first came onto the site, there are plenty of us who work nights and there are load of different times in which people prefer.

Happy running
  • Options
    I worked nights for a long time and either went before work which set me up for the shift or if possible during my LUNCH hour.
    The only problem with running at 3am is that the police stop you on occassions!!.