Options

New Forest 10

Comments

• Options
    goldbeetlegoldbeetle ✭✭✭
    got my number today
  • Options
    Tracey GTracey G ✭✭✭
    Top Sec, thank you for that bit of information not as hilly as Marwell, which was my first 10K race. I Just have hope, not too hot or too muddy.
  • Options
    Tracey GTracey G ✭✭✭
    Dawling Dunny, we must have finished Marwell at the same time. My time was 65mins.
  • Options
    Tracey - Marwell was only my 2nd race this year so am slowly but surely aiming for greater things hence enquiring about this one. I've 2 more 10k's lined up (one in the Midlands - where I'm originally from), and am entering the Selsey 10k too if theres still places for mid-June. What time do you have in mind for yourself for this one then - I was thinking 1hr45 as I did the Great South 2 years ago in 1hr55 (my first ever race before taking a break of 8-9 months from running) so I hope to improve on that at least.

Like you though, just hope its not too hot.... I'm not a warm weather runner by any means. Give me the cold winter months any day - not the darkness though!!

See you there hopefully. Have you entered and do you have your number yet?

DD
  • Options
    Top Sec - thanks for the advice; I certainly will try to take it easy and to pick the pace up towards the end. This is my first 10 miler for a long time so it'll be quite a challenge for me to say the least.

Diana D - Yes I'm a member of a club; their training nights are helping as I'm throwing myself into the interval training along the beach once a week which is very tough going underfoot. I'm hopeful that the pebbles I'm running over will be a good enough workout in preparation for the trails through the New Forest?? Thanks for the weblink too.

DD
  • Options
    Tracey GTracey G ✭✭✭
    DD, I would like to do it in 1hr45 but more like between 1hr 50-55. I am a plodder after all and this will be my fourth race, not as experienced as you.
  • Options
    Tracey GTracey G ✭✭✭
    DD yes I have entered and my race no. is 165.
  • Options
    Tracey - if you don't include my Great South attempt 2 years back, I'll only be 1 race ahead of you by the time this one comes around; we seem evenly matched timewise to be honest as I'd like to make 1hr45 as well but like you think I'll end up coming in at about 1hr50ish.

I'll let you know my race number when I get it through (assuming its not now full as I've just recently entered); we can cheer each other and our fellow plodders along as I'm sure there'll be plenty of us!

See you there all raring to go!!?? (.... just trying to convince myself now....)

DD
  • Options
    Bit concerned that people are getting numbers already. I entered on-line and my entry was 'successful'. Haven't received anything yet.
    Does anyone know what the junior races are like?. Trying to convince my 8 year old to have a go.
  • Options
    Normski et al,

I am having similar worries about all these mentions about getting numbers. I entered ages ago online. It seems awfully early to be getting numbers though!

Anyone know what's going on?
  • Options
    Tracey GTracey G ✭✭✭
    I entered on line in March and got my number about 4 days ago.

Hormski, I am doing my local 5 mile race and my 9 year old daughter is doing the 2K fun run. She does not run, but after my race at Marwell, she said she would have like to have done the childrens race.
  • Options
    I received my race number this morning, so they are obviously going out in batches. Number is 453.
  • Options
    Tracey GTracey G ✭✭✭
    Diana, did you get my email? I am on laptop but, cannot down load my emails. My husband is recording on pc, so will have to wait until tomorrow.
  • Options
    got my number this morning - 455. i entered online a while ago. revising my time now i know about the trails and the hills - think i'll be heading for the 1.50 to 1.55 too. my 1.37 was the great south last year - nice and flat and not too windy
  • Options
    Tracey, got your email, and sent you marathon training plan. Hopefully you can access it ok today.
  • Options
    Can't remember if I've had my number yet or not - will have to look when I get home. I've entered so many races over the summer I've lost track!
  • Options
    Tracey GTracey G ✭✭✭
    Diana got your marathon training plan email. Thank you
  • Options
    Dawdling Dunny - did you do the Sutton Park Cure Leukaemia 10k today (22nd May)? You said you were doing a Midland run, so we might have crossed paths/gasping breaths at this one?
  • Options
    Got my number - 99. Should I read anyhting into that, like I'm providing the ice-creams at the finish?!
  • Options
    Sounds a good plan Vroomfondel - we'll probably all be ready for one!
  • Options
    I'm in on this one, entered last week but no number yet, is it time for a list ?

Tinribs <1:16
  • Options
    These are the ones I've seen:
    Diana D 453 1:50ish
    Diana B 455
    hunterway 268
    Tinribs ? <1:16
    Tracey G 165
    Vroomfondel 99

Keep updating peeps!
  • Options
    Got my number a few weeks ago, almost by return post. Couldn't tell you what the number is though.

VF...better than 69!!
  • Options
    Getting a bit concerned that I haven't got my number yet, given that there have been people reporting here for over two weeks that they have theirs. Plenty of time yet, but worrying all the same. I emailed the organisers about it but am awaiting a reply.

Assuming I do get my number and have not been lost in a black hole, I will be aiming for around 1:15 - if I can stick to my training plan.

This compares with over 1:20 for the Hook 10 last weekend, but that was off the back of a very low quality final two weeks of training, so the vast improvement shouldn't be too out of the question (he said, trying to sound convinced!). I am currently being even more ambitious for the Great South Run in October, but I'll review my target for that when I have done this one...
  • Options
    Diana B 455
    hunterway 268
    Tracey G 165
    Vroomfondel 99
    Singing Angel ? <1.30 (I hope!)
  • Options
    goldbeetlegoldbeetle ✭✭✭
    Goldbeetle 259 1:09ish
  • Options
    Diana B 455
    hunterway 268
    Tracey G 165
    Vroomfondel 99
  • Options
    goldbeetlegoldbeetle ✭✭✭
    Diana B 455
    Goldbeetles mate Dougie 260 1:20 he hopes
    hunterway 268
    Tracey G 165
    Vroomfondel 99
  • Options
    Vroomfondel

No, my Midlands run isn't until June 5th - Sinfin Classic 10k, at Elvaston Country Park in Derbyshire. I was watching my brother and Dad grasstrack racing in Shropshire yesterday so had a weekend off from running/racing myself.

Hope you had a good race yourself though!?

DD