Options

Half year accounts

Comments

• Options
    Miles run: 533
    Rest days: 1 per week
    PBs: 10k, Half Marathon
    Running highlight: How much I am enjoying running.
    Running lowlight: Having to walk at Eyam half.
    Main goal for the next 6 months: 1:45 half marathon on Sunday. Sub 1:40 in Sept.
    Offbeat running achievement: None.
  • Options
    TmapTmap ✭✭✭
    Mileage: about 25 -30 mpw tops
    Rest days: 3 or 4 per week
    PBs: 10K (37:07), Half Marathon (1:22:12)
    Highlight: 2nd place in a stage of the Green Belt Relay
    Lowlight: getting lost in the 3 Forts Marathon
    Main goal: London to Brighton
    Offbeat achievement: the 3 Forts was pretty offbeat, I suppose
  • Options
    Miles run: 578 (from March 1st onwards)
    Rest days: way to many unplanned ones
    PBs: 1/2 mara, ND30k (the joy of being a beginner: every race is a PB)
    Running highlight: ND30k, ran way faster than I ever imagined and managed to be beaten by less than 45 minutes by a Kent forumite ;-)
    Running lowlight: Misjudging my first long run > 15 miles badly and having to walk the last 1.5 miles home in a terrible downpoor.
    Main goal for the next 6 months: running an autumn marathon and doing some serious damage to that first 1/2 mara time somewhere along the way.
    Offbeat running achievement: Infecting girlfriend with enthusiasm for running (at least when the weather is nice).
  • Options
    Miles run: about 800
    Rest days: about 45
    PBs: none, but three second-best-evers (5k, 5m, 10k)
    Highlights winning Bourton in Feb
    Lowlight: running a PW at Weston over 5 miles and getting outsprinted for the win by 1 sec
    Goal for next 6 months: get my achilles tendons sorted (have just flared up really badly this week)
    Offbeat running achievement: Receiving a prize from Sharron Davies at the Fairford 10k - she asked me what my pb was and whether I'd done any marathons!
  • Options
    AardvarkAardvark ✭✭✭
    Miles run: 1792
    Rest days: 21 (all enforced by injury or illness)
    Running highlight: Northern Relays
    Running lowlight: missing White Peak marathon through injury
    Main goal for the next 6 months: PBs at 5k, 5m, 10m and 1/2M, building up to a sub-3 marathon at Abingdon.
    Off beat running achievement: persuading 3 English Lit lecturers to join me in a university round-campus relay team
  • Options
    MinksMinks ✭✭✭
    Miles run: 736
    Rest days: 2 per week, plus the whole of January as I was on my honeymoon
    Running highlight: Marathon PB at FLM 2005 by 21 minutes (4:01 in 2004 to 3:40 in 2005)
    Running lowlight: DNF at Trent Park Triffic Trail 10K due to severe stomach cramps and diarrhoea - still feel I should have crawled to the finish ...
    Main goal for the next 6 months: A new HM PB, to overcome my 10K demons, and debut at 5m and 10m distances.
    Off beat running achievement: Meeting nrg-b with 500m of FLM left to go; taking a whole month off running during FLM training and still getting a huge PB.
  • Options
    Miles run: 1160
    Rest Days: 30
    Running highlights: PB's at 5k, 10k, 10m, HM, 20m & Marathon
    Running lowlight: FLM, big PB but way down on my potential and a horrible experience due to oncoming cold.
    Main goal for next 6 months: 5m pb to complete the set for the calendar year. Improve the base for a better marathon attempt next time.
  • Options
    BR:
    Its true, no body from this forum has beaten me in a track race this season! ;p

No forum members in the race I scratched or pulled out from so my achievement still stands until someone beats me! :)
  • Options
    Miles: Run 500 / Bike 400 / Swim 20
    Rest Days 1or2 per week (too many)
    PBs Set: Marathon, Half Marathon, Sprint Tri, Olympic Tri
    High-light:
    Low-light: injuring knee at 5 mile in FLM
    Main Goal for next 6 month : 10k PB and up my milage
    Of Beat Running Achievement : Vast improvement in HILLS ability

Really need to up by bike and swim
  • Options
    Miles run: 510
    Rest days: depends what you call a rest? say 68.
    Running highlight: running my first half marathon
    Running lowlight: getting heavier and slower
    Main goal for the next 6 months: first marathon (Abingdon)
    Off beat running achievement: discovering the benefits of sports massage
  • Options
    Miles run: 1072.5M

Rest days: 11

Running highlight: Doing very well in local race seris, i am 7th in the lowest combined time overall

Running lowlight: Slight acahllies tendon injury, had a low milage month in JUne due to been away most weekends so no long run. And humber bridge h/m

Main goal for the next 6 months: Solid training, and then hopefully a pb in 10k and maybe h/m back end of the year

Off beat running achievement: Achieving a distinction in my sports injury course work at college, and doing well overall at college.
  • Options
    Miles run: No idea
    Rest days: Too many
    Running Highlight: Edinburgh Marathon
    Running Lowlight: Can't find letter for
    British London 10k to
    pick up race pack 4 3rd
    July (£30 down the drain)
    6 Months: Brake current 5k and half-
    marathon times. Improving each
    race.

Running achievement: Finishing first marathon distance without stopping. Can't wait for the next.
  • Options
    Miles run:~800

Rest days:a lot!

Running highlight: FLM 2005 - no PB and an hour off target time, but really soaked up the atmosphere! Enjoyed taking it easy cause i knew i was pregnant...

Running lowlight: Never knowing whether recent miscarriage was in any way connected to carrying on running!?

Main goal for the next 6 months: Increase milage again, enjoy running, maybe another marathon...

Off beat running achievement: Toughest year of my life and running kept me sane through it all! There are lots of gaps in my running diary, especially January, as there where days when it felt too trivial to keep count of miles, but i'd run twice a day just for 'therapy'
  • Options
    Wow, I now see that I need to increase my mileage to get a chance at being competetive in my age group!
  • Options
    Beanz52Beanz52 ✭✭✭
    Miles run: 287
    Rest days: too many
    PBs: Half Marathon, Marathon
    Running highlight: London Marathon
    Running lowlight: taking too long to get back into it post-London
    Main goal for the next 6 months: PB at Robin Hood half
    Offbeat running achievement: making some fantastic friends through these forums :>)
  • Options
    SezzSezz ✭✭✭
    Miles run: lots of them
    Rest days: lots of these too ;-)
    Running highlight: achieved lifetime challenge of finishing FLM
    Running lowlight: too man injuries
    Main goal for the next 6 months: sub 55 10k?! (pb 59:01)
    Off beat running achievement: revamped reinvigorated social life with new running pals.
  • Options
    PodroPodro ✭✭✭
    Miles run: 909
    Rest days: lost count
    Running highlight: GFA time at FLM, sub1:30 half mara
    Running lowlight: two hamstring tears
    Main goal for the next 6 months: sub 40 10k, sub 1:25 half
    Off beat running achievement: running most of the Yorkshre X-C champs in my socks
  • Options
    Miles run: don't know (or bother counting)

Rest days: 1 (sometimes 2) a week

PB's: 5K, 10 Miles, Half-Marathon

Races completed: 20

Running highlight: PB for half-marathon

Running lowlight: Being unfit during May (lack of training for a few reasons)

Main goal for the next 6 months: Continue going to the races. Try and run under 37 minutes for the 10K
  • Options
    FreemersFreemers ✭✭✭
    Miles run: Not as many as I would have liked
    Rest days: Too many
    PBs: 10k and 1/2 marathon
    Running highlight: Taking two mins off 10k PB
    Running lowlight: Picking up an achilles injury and not running for 6 weeks
    Main goal for next 6 months: 1/2m in September and make sure I get a good base of training for FLM 2006
    Off beat running achievement: Coming 2nd in F35 cateory in 1/2m (but then hacked off because they only gave out a 1st prize...!)
  • Options
    Miles run: don't keep records, in the range of 600-650.
    PBs: Half Marathon, 3K S/C (not that I do that seriously)
    Running highlights: Southern County X-C Champs, which was a breakthrough race for me (110th), plus the next Chiltern League (top 20); Nationals a bit disappointing (298th).
    Running lowlight: everything that's happened since February - running has fallen apart, training intermittent, not putting it together in races.
    Main goal for the next 6 months: Get back on track, get some miles in, and win the Grim.
  • Options
    Miles run: WILL start keeping records for the next half-year! Probably around 200 for the first half.
    PBs: 14k. Just a fraction over 90 minutes.
    Offbeat running achievement: My best-ever completely untrained-for half-marathon time at Hinckley in May - 2:23.
    Running highlights: discovering Nike Frees; being there when Evil Pixie finished at FLM.
    Running lowlights: Life getting in the way of training.
    Goal for the next 6 months: Must Do Better.
  • Options
    It's good to see how many of us keep a record of our total mileage! I did 1503 for last year and want to better that. If I can only keep doing my at-least-6-days-a-week training....
  • Options
    WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Miles run: 806
    Rest days: far to many injury ones
    Running highlight: ???
    Running lowlight: FLM and injurys far to many to name
    Main goal for the next 6 months: To run 60+ miles a week and stay injury free and a PB in Amsterdam,10kpb,5kpb.1/2pb
    Off beat running achievement . TBC
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    JEvaNsJEvaNs ✭✭✭
    Miles run: 450+ (probably less than 500 though)
    Rest days: 50 or 60 due to around 4 weeks of almost nothing in Feb/March from a mixture of laziness and injury
    Number of races: 8
    PB's set: 5 mile(automatic);5k x 2; 10k
    Running highlight: Collecting medal for coming 5th in the 2 mile race - first of a local series of races
    Running lowlight: Not reaching 40 mpw yet
    Main goal for the next 6 months: 45 min 10k
    Off beat running achievement: Almost all races have been hilly ones for me so to capture that element of my running I have to say 13 miles up and down Caerphilly mountain last weekend.
  • Options
    JEvaNsJEvaNs ✭✭✭
    Ooo! And another highlight - 3rd lady in my latest 5k PB (but I didn't get any prize for that one).
  • Options
    Miles run: 430 since 1st March
    Rest days: 54 (post mara and calf trouble)
    Running highlight: PBs: 10k x 3, 10m, 1/2mara, mara
    Running lowlight: missing sub 3:30 marathon time
    Main goal for the next 6 months: 1/2mara, 5 mile pbs
    Off beat running achievement: surviving an insane stinking-hangover-induced hill session from a loch tay tepee to the ben lawers car park.
  • Options
    Miles run: 1055
    Rest days: too many
    Running highlight: Three maras in 6 weeks: Duchy, Taunton, Shakespeare.
    Running lowlight: None really, but not getting a pb as planned in Blackpool marathon.
    Main goal for the next 6 months: Plan to base train, increase my mileage and run 7 days a week.
    Off beat running achievement: Moved house so now I don’t spend 3 hours getting to and from work and I have time to train!
  • Options
    sven27sven27 ✭✭✭

Miles run: winter through to late spring 70 - 85 mpw, since the summer approx 45 - 55 mpw

Rest days: usually 1 every 10 days or so

Running highlight: 10k pb 30.49, winning first individual title ( Midland 1500m ) and staying injury free.

Running lowlight: Not many, possibly most recently was last weeks 5k on track 14.50, was hoping for much quicker time even though it was a pb.

Main goal for the next 6 months: Summer - sub 3.50 for 1500m, to improve on cross country, beat 30mins for 10k

Off beat running achievement: Getting girlfriend to run more regularly
  • Options
    Miles run: Dont record but guess around 800 - 1000 (and a lot cycled)
    Rest days: 1 per week
    Running highlight: Stockholm marathon & Richmond Half (both pbs)
    Running lowlight: This weekend when illness will almost certainly force me to drop out of our club 10K
    Main goal for the next 6 months: To run more. To go for 10K pb and run a sub 3:30 marathon
    Off beat running achievement: Being able to run faster and longer, without getting injured. Losing 10kg body weight.
  • Options
    Miles run: 1912
    Rest days: 11

Running highlight: FLM debut
    Running lowlight: None

Next 6 months goal: Only one is Cardiff Marathon, British Masters V45 Champion

Off beat running achievement: ???? sorry nothing comes to mind.