Options

Nike run - www.RunLondon.com

Comments

• Options
    Just got my place!!!! Loved the wicked animations. Have you seen the "Send to a firend" thing? Well funny.
  • Options
    They know how to pick a date... already running Cabbage Patch 10 miles that day so I'm not running this one. Good luk to the rest of you though - sounds like they are going for a big event. [Phew - that saved me 32 quid.]
  • Options
    Its a bit of a cheek being told where you can run
  • Options
    SezzSezz ✭✭✭
    Hollywood, I'm sticking with the Cabbage Patch 10 too. Shame, would have liked to run round Victoria Park, my PB course, but not for £32!
  • Options
    am gutted too about the clash with the cabbage patch as this if it wasn't for the nike 10s I wouldn't be running... hey ho... I had better get a 10mile pb now!!
  • Options
    £32!!! To fill Nike's coffers! I know it must cost them quite a bit to put on but Jeez!
  • Options
    Have entered (figure even if i cant run theres the nice tech t-shirt), but also a bit peeved about being allocated a park, and no word on time. I have my wedding dress fitting that day at 3pm in Hampshire, so unless its before 10am or after 7pm, i'm stuck!
  • Options
    i'm in.
    confirmation no 3000 and something.
  • Options
    Well when I pressed "send" on the payment screen it popped up a message saying there was an error and that I should try again (with no 'back' button on the pop-up, natch).

But then I got an email saying I was in, so lord knows what's going on.

• Options
    I got the same too. I spoke to a friend who works their and he said that everything is fine with my entry. Sonething to do with the email being sent out or something like that.. I'm not techie so not sure what he meant. Main thing is that my entry went throught fine. So yours will have done too.
  • Options
    Entered this morning, confirmation number 000240 or something like that, got an on-line confirmation, but nothing via e-mail.

Have any of you guys received e-mail confirmation?
  • Options
    I am certainly not bothering at £32. Thoroughly enjoyed last year's but its not worth that sort of money. I'll just buy a dri-fit shirt in the colour I want and do a smaller event !!
  • Options
    Been trying to register since 6am . Keeps telling me there's a problem with my card details. I've used three different cards with everything entered correctly.

What am I doing wrong?
  • Options
    ShivaShiva ✭✭✭
    i'm in, £32 is a lot, I wouldn't have bothered but the gf is desperate to run this as her first race. Still, will get a nice techie shirt at least.
  • Options
    it won't let me sign up - keeps saying there is a problem with my card details...grrr, I really want to.
  • Options
    Blimey, I did this last year and loved it, but boy are they getting dictatorial this year! So I can't choose where I want to run, or when, or who with, but I'm expected to pay £32 for this "pleasure?!". Nike getting a bit too big for their boots perhaps?
  • Options
    Those are my feelings SK.-

I was really looking forward to it.- But there's so little actual information on the site, it's obvious we're being hyped into jumping on the bandwagon- without having any idea where it's going..- And, sadly, I think I'll pass this year.
  • Options
    I think it'd be something of an organisational nightmare to get everyone who wants to run at the same race in the same race if ya get me! I would guess that the majority of people would want to run in Hyde Park, but then you can't have 90% in one park can you? No. Anyway, isn't there a chance to nominate a running partner so both of you run in the same field?
  • Options
    I'm passing this year as well, as is my partner, two friends and another 4 friends of friends as we all wanted to do it together but there's no guarantee that we'll be able to. What a shame because if the red tops are anything like the yellow ones last year they'll be fantastic! Ah well.
  • Options
    Like Alexander the Average, I got the error message and then got an email saying my application was confirmed. I then tried to register my wife but I just got the error message. Left it an hour and now I can't get into the site at all. Grrr!!!
  • Options
    Jon, cant see how it would be hard - you just ask people to enter the race in the park they want on a first come first served basis...if by the time you register your first choice isnt available, you have to pick another! Works year in year out for race for life, womens challenge etc etc...
  • Options
    I can't get into the site at all now either, jenks...but I am thinking positive - they are probably fixing teh glitch that would not accept my card details earlier?! Yeah, definitely they are!
  • Options
    They will try to put you to the race nearest your postcode, that's what I've heard. The groans surrounding this are not too dissimilar to the wave moans! Anyway, I don't think you HAVE to do it.. Oh hang on, you do! "JUST DO IT!"

EEK!
  • Options
    I'm having the same non-acceptance of card details problem. Been the same since 6am!
  • Options
    Oh Duncan, I am glad I am not the only one with the same problem - I was beginning to think maybe there WAS a problem with my cards! Poor you, been trying since 6am!! I have only been here since 9.40 or so....

Back I go...
  • Options
    I've tried with three different cards too.

Glad to hear I'm not alone, but sad for our collective woe!

I emailed them at around 7am but no response yet.
  • Options
    Duncan, I just emailed them now...I can't imagine there is anything they can do, though..can you? Unless the will come round and pick up £32 in cash from me to confirm my registration!!
  • Options
    I've entered and entered for some of my friends at the same time (who were too lazy to get to a computer this morning). I enjoyed it last year but am a bit annoyed by the fact that you can't specify where you want to run (although understand logistical issues to a certain extent). I'm probably nearest to Vicky Park but it's a good hour by bus whereas Hyde Park is a mere 20 mins on the tube.

Also will be disappointed if I can't run with a group of friends. I know you can specify 'a' friend at a later date but I wanted to do it in a group. For some this will be their first race and because of the fear factor they want to be in a group for it. I'm just doing it for fun, it was too crowded last year for a PB, but fun factor diminshed without company of friends.

With all the hype and urgency I failed to stop and realise that I couldn't choose where and when I wanted to run or think about the questions (assumed it was for scheduling the training runs otherwise would have given all of us same answers). Silly me.
  • Options
    Holly,

I am in the same situation, I've signed up and hope my friends will have by the end of the day, but we will be gutted if we are not at the same venue. You would of thought Nike would of used some savy and given people the option especially at 32.00 a time!!
  • Options
    Nike still haven't released any info on the Night time 10k fun run, does anyone know when this will be going on?? really want a glow in the dark t-shirt ! ;)