Options

Aldbourne 10K

2»

Comments

• Options
    wow what a race, really worried about the Hills my mate (who won it) kept on saying just how bad they were and that it wasnt a PB course and i should add about 2mins to my normal 10k time..but guess what, damn good run, lots of tussles with some good runners got a PB of 46.38 put me 42nd so really chuffed. To celebrate went to the Pub had a Pint and an pack of Pork scratchings bliss!! looking forwards to Corsham 10k on the 25th see if i can repeat it. Well done to all involved in putting it in on really enjoyed it apart from running around the pitch..my legs appeared to give up as soon as i hit the grass.
    Will be back next year..all going well.
  • Options
    Hi to all. Been a member of rw for a while but never really looked at threads, it's small world to know that people from Swindon on here. I found the Aldbourne an odd race with plenty of hills :-)) for training up to the Swindon half. I found I couldn't get a good pace as the start, round and up the hills I couldn't get a rythm, go round the corner more hills. I looked at the map but didn't anticipate the hills to be so intense. i live over Stratton st Margaret and run out to Stanton and over to Highworth (a major lack of hills)So it would be really good to see how I got on if any one knows the results. Peter Dunlop race no.172 I would be greatfull.

MAny thanks
  • Options
    Hello Everybody. I've had a frustrating few days trying to get access to this forum but I'm now (obviously !) in.

Sorry it's taking us a while to get the results on our website - I've sent the details to our webmaster but he is away at the moment.

Peter- you were 45:54 and 40th place - I have all the other results and can let you know individually or post them all somewhere if anybody has any ideas where I could use.

Hope you all had a good race and will enter again next year.

Ewan
  • Options
    This was the first year we've used the RW online system, and accepted other online entries. Until now, we've used a postal system where people sent their forms and cheques with a SAE to receive their numbers which makes it reasonably easy for us to manage the process.

For our online entrants, we did not send numbers, but did send an email with what I hope was relevant information.

So people had to collect numbers on the day. I enjoyed meeting you, but does that system work OK for you ?

I'm keen to hear your comments as we're starting to plan next year and wondering how to organise this part of it.

Thanks for your contributions.

Ewan
  • Options
    Hi Ewan

Could you post them as text on here?
  • Options
    Slowone - good idea, but it turns out that there's a message size limit way less than the info on all the runners.
  • Options
    Ewan - please could I have my time. I was number 110 and was third or fourth from last. Cheers
  • Options
    :-) Better than I thought. Thank you v much.
    Could you also let me know how Jason Stoneham race no. 173 did, so's I can let him know.
    How many starters were there?
    It was a good race, if you don't recce the course properly it does catch you out and I will certainly be in next year now I have a pb for the course.
    Thanks Ewan

Regards
    Peter Dunlop
  • Options
    Schmunkee - 1:09:34, position 139.

If you haven't trained for hills, the course would have been a shock ! Just remember that 5k is the top - it's (nearly !) all downhill from there.
  • Options
    Peter - Jason did it in 0:52:00. place 83. We had 142 finishers. Glad you enjoyed it, and as you say a recce helps. We find that people typically go quite a bit faster second time as they have an idea what's coming up.

Ewan
  • Options
    Ewan - would you mind letting me know too? Race number 23. It was my 2nd time and I made the error of going off far, far too quick. Suffered big time up the hill and never really recovered.
  • Options
    Ewan, any change I could get my time? I was number 38. Forgot to stop my watch until I got back to the car...doh !
    Congrats on another successful event. Cheers, Steve.
  • Options
    Slowone,

No 23 0:46:53 P44

Percey,

No 38 0:47:46 P55

Not bad !
  • Options
    Ewan, could you let me know my time please my number was 48 - Sharon Andrews. Thanks.
  • Options
    Sharon, you ran 0:47:35, p52 overall, p5 ladies, p3 female vet.

Well done !

• Options
    Hello ewan could you please let me know my time and place please?Bruno Laasna.Thanks
  • Options
    Bruno,

0:44:41 P31.

I hope to have all the times on the website in the next couple of days.
  • Options
    Results are now on the website www.aldbourne10k.co.uk. Sorry for the delay.

Ewan
  • Options
    Very well organised and really friendly atmosphere. Enjoyed the run especially the downhill bit to the finish. It was no problem picking the number up Ewan. At least it can't get lost in the post.
    See you next year. Graham
  • Options
    Graham,

Thanks. I don't think we lost any numbers in the post, but it's always a concern.

Glad you enjoyed it - that last 2k is appreciated by a lot of people.

Ewan