Options

NOT the ironman training thread

Comments

• Options
    Smiffy, I think Rebecca whatsername is famous for having slept with David Beckham?
  • Options
    I'm off to bed - can't stand any more of LJS listening to Liverpool v W.Ham on the radio (5 Live) and watching Barca v. AC Milan on German TV complete with commentary! It's annoying me no end listening to two different commentaries at once. My fault I suppose for being good at simultaneous translation.
  • Options
    Who's he then?
  • Options
    Morning all, well I am feeling very good this morning because for the first time ever I have cycled to work!!! You may remember me saying I couldn't because there was nowhere for my bike, well I can now leave it inside.

Going to try and cycle a couple of times a week, good extra miles!

JB, midnight sun mara sounds interesting. Is it hard to get into?
  • Options
    Nice one Les...if petrol gets more expensive I'll have to consider it too!
    Smithy..Beckham is that bloke who married some posh spice girl.
    Thanks for the tips re alcohol, I had some moderation last night but nothing too dramatic. However, we are hoping to exchange on a house buy today (actually been waiting since Monday) and if we don't there's a risk the chain might collapse so I might have challenged to keep it to moderation whichever way it goes......
    Managed to get my heart rate to 108% of max on the treadmill this mornin'....
  • Options
    Ps..jellything..that sounds like a really cool marathon. still toying with the idea of maybe doing one this year...
  • Options
    I love cycling to work in the morning - it's what mtb, bridleways and offroad tracks were made for. Especially as you've usually got the countryside to yourself.
  • Options
    C1 your names for me get cheekier
    LL
    think you can still get in, accommadation is apparently the problem cos its a small town, but I think the organisers reserve some specially
    I will boing the thread for you it has other website links
    it the tromso midnight sun marathon thread or similiar
  • Options
    Thanks jelly!
    I won't do it this year but was more asking is it hard to get into like FLM has a ballot.
    C1 after watching FLM, I sort of fancy doing one this year.
  • Options
    oh boy..the joys of trying to move...what a nightmare......
  • Options
    Are you doing some of that "moderation" C1?
  • Options
    I am sorely tempted....

....if I had a pub I'd call it Moderation
  • Options
    Have a glass of wine or two C1!
  • Options
    C1 and little les
    me and big dave are hoping to head to your neck of the woods for the weekend, do you fancy meeting for a bike ride and a pub lunch on sunday?
    we will be camping in the new forest probably
    let me know and we can arrange times etc
    I wont get on line until this afternoon probably
  • Options
    Hi Jelly
    Thanks for asking. I will have a think. I at coached swimming tomorrow morning for an hour and then doing a 35-40 mile ride with my friend (first long ride).

I'll ask my other half what we've planned. It's our running club's night out tomorrow night so I may not be at my best Sunday!
  • Options
    Hi Jellyslab...that could well be a go-er but everything is in the balance as if we do finally bloomin' well exchange contracts today we'll be moving next Friday so will be packing like crazy things.... however I was planning on a decent bike ride but not sure I'll be able to keep up with you both but the pub bit should be easier!!
    I did take some iron supplements in my local last night whilst discussing the topic of estate agents and integrity...get back to me or email me..
  • Options
    dont worry I am anything but fast on a bike!
  • Options
    whoops
    that should read anything except fast
  • Options
    ok
    just about to leave for the new forest. have everything but the kitchen sink!
    anyway, C1 and LL you both have my mobile number, would be great to meet up with one or both of you.
    after all the food I ate last night I think I need to do at least 100 miles tomorrow!!!
  • Options
    just back from a great weekend in the new forest. good to hook up with C1 for a 45 mile ride round part of the isle of white.
    hope your legs are recovering from the hills!
    got rained out last night, every thing soggy, think we need to practice putting up our new tent
  • Options
    Glad you had a good time Jb. Sorry I didn't meet up.... 45 miles my goodness, that's a long way for me!

Managed my first sea swim on Sunday. I'm very impressed with how warm the wetsuit kept me. Found it hard to swim with the waves but I'm glad I have tried it. Not really looking forward to the lake swim though, I bet the water tastes disgusting.

Last week:
    Mon - 3.5 mile run
    Tues - 6 mile run
    Wed - rest
    Thurs - cycled to and from work 12 miles
    - 5 mile run
    Fri - nothing
    Sat - Swim 1700m
    - 40 mile bike ride
    Sun - sea swim (not far more trying out wetsuit)
  • Options
    Mornin' all.

Monday - 45 min thrash on the bike
    Tues - Nothing
    Wed - 11k run
    Thurs - Weights/treadmill interval run
    Friday - 2k swim
    Sat - 16j run
    Sun - 61K bike
    Mon - 16k bike/7k run brick

Sunday bike was with Jellybean and Wee Dave. We popped over to the Isle of Wight and managed to pick the same day as the 100K round the Isle trip. I have now been initiated as a Pirate but I must say I felt that the business with the pointy carrot, cheese grater and vinegar a bit unnecessary but if that's what it takes....
  • Options
    At last a proper week training! Not ill any more, no travel, no working till 8pm every night.....

Mon Swim 45 min AM PM 20 min run and weights
    Tue 30 Min Run AM PM 2 Hour ride
    Wed 45 min Swim AM PM 90 min Ride
    Thu 30 min Run and weights
    Fri Nowt
    Sat 4 Hour Ride (70 miles)
    Sun 1 Hour Swim AM PM 90 min bike
    Mon 1 hour run.

That is much more like it, and I feel a lot better for it. A lot better. Did 45 mins in the pool this AM too....

Entered the Vitruvian at the weekend. Will look at other racing in a couple of weeks when I see how I feel.
  • Options
    That's a pretty impressive weeks' training WHWH...much more of that and you'll be promoted to the IM thread.

Les...excellent stuff with the wetsuit and sea swim..hoping to get some of that done myself in the coming weeks..

• Options
    No IM this year, I promised the missus. After dragging her to Zurich 5 and a half months pregnant I think I would not be hugely popular.

Next year however,........

• Options
    Jeez...I didnt know that part of IM training was to drag a pregnant lady across Europe...bloody hell...I think I'll stick to half IM...
  • Options
    LOL!

C1 you did a very long ride on Sunday well done! I am glad I covered the miles Saturday and it's the furthest I've ever cycled. Need to build up speed before half IM though as it took me 3 hours.
  • Options
    You did well too..not long now..!!!

I'll not be doing much training this week. Got the Hockey Masters Divisionals in Aldershot this weekend..six matches over two days...that'll test the fitness a tad...
  • Options
    Sounds like fun.

I have just realised I don't have much time to train this week - dancing Wed, meeting some friends Thurs and a work do Fri! I'm doing the Dorchester Triathlon this Sunday so I don't mind an easier week.

Less than 7 weeks til half IM UK! Eeek!
  • Options
    a good week from everyone by all accounts.
    training for me
    swim 25 and 30 mins
    run 40, 55 and 65 mins
    bike 14 and 45 miles
    LL
    we were thinking of taking our wetsuits but chickened out, wish we had now