Options

Wednesday 24th May 2006

13»

Comments

• Options
    200 - had a similar problem a few weeks ago. Someone suggest lacing too tight/slack. Tried a few things but it seemed to go away on its own.
  • Options
    What: 3 miles road
    Why: Toning it down for tomorrow's 10k race - wanted to do more, but it's better to be safe than sorry at this time
    Last hard: Monday's 20x200m club track session
  • Options
    RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Greetings all,

Manic day at work, belated well done to trini, awesome report, hope you have fully recovered, also well done to you too Lizzyb.

What - nothing yet
    Why - just back from work and having tea, may go out later.
    Last hard - 5k Race last night
    Last Rest Mon.

Take care
  • Options
    Didnt feel that good today so cut my trainig short

DID : 2:10 Turbo followed by 1:00 run
    WHY : it was supposed to be longer but i had an off day

LAST REST : Saturday
  • Options
    WardiWardi ✭✭✭
    RFJ & Gobi.. well raced last night, good stuff.

Hope your scan turns out to be good news Imski.

Julz.. that all looks quite sensible, just monitor your progress as you go but back off if you get even the slightest sign of discomfort

A deserved 2nd place Lizzy, you can only beat who is there. And of those who were there, you toughed it out and most of them didn't. Well done.

Trini.. what adventures you had, great stuff and well done indeed to you and your team.

Brief report from my hometown 10k last night. Unfortunately the course is on the hilly side of town, infact flat sections are hard to find. This is no.2 in a series of 6 x 10k league races we do over the summer against local clubs in the York area.

Target - if I can get near 40mins on this testing course I reckon I've had a good run. The 1st 3k are flat/downhill so a fast start is ensured. As we turned from 3k we were straight into a very stiff wind all the way to 6k, a bit of time lost in this undulating section. We turn left out of the wind but the respite is only brief. We now approach the nastiest hill in the area. This long steep grind takes me to 7k, an inevitably poor k in 4:32.

Reasonably flat to 8k, then another sting in the tail. We drop steeply into a basin and have to climb out of it again. At 9k I realise that sub 40 is unlikely but have a go anyway. A flat last k with a pleasant roll down to the finish, done in 3:36 but finish in 40:06. Close but no cigar. I reckon without that pesky breeze I would have probably scraped under 40 so reasonably chuffed with the performance.

Another 10k planned for Sunday, a bit flatter and hopefully less windy than this. Looking forward to hearing how the South Yorks. bunch have fared.

11 miles easy tonight.
  • Options
    NZChristineNZChristine ✭✭✭
    RJF & Gobi -great 5ks.

Sporta - one more thing about your leg. I was just wondering about the camber on the roads you run on - that sometimes has an effect on one leg - is that a possibility?

FF - upi veru casually dropped the fact that you'd just done a half - well done.

Lizzy - tough job - well battled.

AF - come on mate - don't get despondent - you know you get the good results 'cause you do the work - when is your next race?

200 mins - I love the "I try not to do injuries"...I'm a bit like that myself but sometimes they creep up on you - don't they David!

Good luck to all those racing.

What: 6 miles flat - still feeling a bit flat!

Was nice to see the family come home from orienteering the night before, with son singing "we are the Champions". They were happy - they had finished.

After school yesterday, six year old grandaughter was busy drawing and quietly presented husband with a pic of them both out orienteering. It brought a big smile to his face. She didn't say anything and but think husband realised it is the little things that count in life.
  • Options
    NZChristineNZChristine ✭✭✭
    Sorry Flying Fifer - hit the wrong keys - that should start - you very casually...

Wardi - well done on the 10k.
  • Options
    Evening,

Well done in the bikin' Lizzy

Pretty pleased with tonights running.

6K warm up in 30mins avg HR 135 and then -
    8 x 585 meters of 1.05 (50%) recovery

1) 2:10 avg HR 148
    2) 2:07 avg HR 151
    3) 2:07 avg HR 156
    4) 2:07 avg HR 156
    5) 2:05 avg HR 157
    6) 2:05 avg HR 158
    7) 2:07 avg HR 164 (flogging it now)
    8) 2:08 avg HR 165 (dead on my feet)

6K warm down in 29:25 avg HR 151

I am quite chuffed, when I had a look at the last time I did this session the times were pretty much the same - that was pre FLM 2005 when I was in pretty good nick.

Right, shower and rehydration :)
  • Options
    My eyes are tired from being at the screen far too long today (work not forum!) - I have enjoyed reading all of today's thread, sorry if I do not comment much but I'm so tired I would probably get it all wrong.

However I must say I was impressed with Matt's sub 1 hr for 4000m swim.

And good luck for all your races, Hilly, that's some schedule.

Sportaloo I too hope you've turend a corner.

what: 400,000 cm run
    bodypump
  • Options
    back and worst 5 miler i have ever done. I hate rothervalley.

If you are an organiser of this race please do not take offence I just hate it
  • Options
    MtB - superbly well done on getting under 60 for the 4km. I tried to get as close as I can tonight... my splits for the 5km were 16.00,16.31,17.02,17.14,17.50 - really tough as a solo training session, and clearly the pool gets steeper uphill as the session goes on...
  • Options
    GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    well, although I ran well but tired this morning I missed my recovery run

I WAS ASLEEP

the joy of night shifts
  • Options

Im doing the daily plod
    my legs are just returning
    that must have been a hard one
    they tell me DD is worse
    oh well

Lizzy-WWELL DONE

will comment on races tonmorrow
    x
  • Options
    Hilly and SCS happy racing
    LizzyB - Caution! I see a dose of Popsider inspired training coming along. I can imagine how gutted you felt about being spat out the back of the pack. Good on the tough person inside you for plugging away to the end, and a 2nd place is decent reward for that. Well done. As they say, you've got to be in it to win it.
    200mins- As Trini says, I'd review your lacing pattern on the affected foot. Tell me it's a new pair of trainers? That's the usual cause with me. Even if they are the same design, they are 700 miles and a facelift newer. Try a new lacing pattern such as XX=X so that you don't put pressure on the affected part. After a couple of weeks of alternating the shoes you wear you will probably fully into the newer pair.
    Wardi- A hard and undulating 10k? I didn't think that there was a point in doing them, as I only focus on flattish ones. If it's undulating, there's no point in having an accurate distance. The Tour of Tadcaster Town 6.2 miler, sponsored by Tadcaster Brewery? Far more appealing.

SCS- A tought time? No sunshine?
    Hilly- How about you?

Anyway
    No trout today, but you should have seen the dolphins.
    Left home, drove to Wet Wales to see a tarmac laying gang, near the Rhondda, where rain is the local speciality. At one point it was at 50mm centres and 5mm diameter. After the visit I've had to drive to Sevenoaks in Kent, which is where the Welsh export it to, apparently. Nearly 300 miles in the car.

Hit the hotel tready.
    7 miles at a pace of 6.53 m/m. Can't think why I chose that number.
    Actually I thought I had it set at an easy 8.5m/m, but I obviously misread something like mph.
    Somehow GMP seems tougher midweek.
    A valuable if deadly boring session.
  • Options
    GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Blister

undulating 10ks are great for strength work, they also remove a lot of PB pressure
  • Options
    Evening,

Very late to be reading and must go to bed so sorry haven't read all today's thread, but had to post a massive 'truly awesome congrats' to you trini, and your inveterate team. I was really trying to visualise going through the different stages of your adventure race, my god, you need such a lot of endurance. Glad Gilly got to do her bit at the end as she must have been really frustrated. As for your head, sounds like you were really lucky. Brilliant event, brilliant tale, well done.

Lizzy, good on you, just met my neighbour at training tonight; she did 9.24 at Fred Whitton and was happy with that; was very impressed with your time.

Training tonight was pyramid sess on a hill using flags the coach had set out with glee further and further apart, actually found it q easy, obviously wasn't trying hard enough, and had 2 days rest Mon/Tues due to new job so fresh legs.

Night all.