Options

Germany 5K relay

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    I managed a little 4 miler in the blazing heat and rush hour traffic so am happy that my legs work sufficiently to get me round the 5K on Thursday. Not promising any spectacular time, 'specially if it's as hot as or hotter than it was today. My lungs don't appear to want to work particularly well.
  • Options
    getting your excuses in early, you're clearly a natural triathelete!
  • Options
    yeah it's going to be hot. 34c predicted today and 37c tomorrow!
  • Options
    have done all my trainig for the last 3.5 weeks in the pool with my aquajogger, do you think that they will do a last minute route course for me so we can run in the river?... it would be a lot cooler!

• Options
    Well if I am gonna get involved with helping organise then if the race starts at 7 I suggest that we all meet up at about 6pm. It says the race is on the Mainkai, is there anything more specific on location that I have missed ??

Please make sure you come armed with your 10Euros per person and we can sort this out at the time. IW is LJS OK ? or do we need to get Garr the road rash victim to step in ?

team 1 - roger the cabin girl
    long john silver
    mike luchmun - aka Munch Lunch aka Munch :-)
    Kelly (IR g/f)

team 2 - yo ho ho
    Spans
    AnnaSpanna (replacement for Jj)
    Debbo's speedy teen

Potential recruit: Garr
  • Options
    sorry, I know that we will talk about this when we are out there... but do we have to enter before 6pm, or can we turn up and enter there and then? Am all confused now...!!
  • Options
    rosey, John's ok, not in top form but the ankle's good enough to run on, just don't expect any super time. We are looking forward to it.
    Might be good to put Munch on first though.

Location - Mainkai, which is north of the river and very near to the race office, registration, expo and all that. COme out of the YH, turn left, cross the bridge and you're there.
  • Options
    Oh heck, no pressure on me then...:-)

Can I also get my apologies now but I've just tried on my Pirate top and its, well less just say tad on the tight side. Circulation may be a problem towards the latter stages of the 5k.......

Oh and my pre-race excuse for a rubbish time is that I've had no time to train, especially this week where I managed to work 43hours.......in under 3 days.

ps is there anyway we can slow down Spans; she's just going to make us look silly........ :-)
  • Options
    no pressure anyway Munch - it's not like you guys are going to win anything! Believe me, although many are in it just for fun, there will be some highly serious v. speedy teams in there too.
  • Options
    if anyone's up and reading this (!), we're both getting off work early so we can make it up there in good time.
  • Options
    F.oggyF.oggy ✭✭✭
    See you there then!
  • Options
    Oh my. You would not believe the number of teams entered into this race. Nearly as many as for the biggie on Sunday.

Spans and I have just entered the two pirate teams:

Team 1: 3 Sheets to the wind
    MunchLunch
    IronSherpa (Kelly)
    Long John Silver

Team 2: Pirates Aarrgh Us!
    AnnaSpanna
    Debbo's Speedy Teen
    Spans
  • Options
    JjJj ✭✭✭
    lol @ the team names!!

Knock 'em dead, girls!
  • Options
    Well...............?
  • Options
    Well.......

despite Munchlunch speeding off at an incredible pace and setting a first lap of 21 mins for 3 Sheets to the wind, Pirates Aarrgh Us! were the winning pirate team! Hurrah!

I did a terrible 28.5 mins but found the heat exhausting - couldn't get my breath at all on the south side of the river, and ended up taking the inhaler four times (poor old dear I am). Plum's idea of visualising him running after me with his winkler out did little to help. I'm afraid to say he would have caught me.

Debbo's speedy teen wins the record for showboating across the change over line - he sprinted like the wind to set a 23 min 5K PB and Spans (despite ongoing ankle trouble crossed the line in 21 mins, making our team total around 1 hr 12.5 mins

The winning team overall came in at about 46 mins! Quite incredible to watch.
  • Options
    M.ister WM.ister W ✭✭✭
    46 mins? That's just rude.

Well done Pirates Aarrgh Us! and commiserations to 3 Sheets to the Wind.
  • Options
    Yup. They were pretty lean and mean looking!
    Having thought it would be a small affair, the whole of frankfurt had entered a team. We were competing with the Deutche Post with our kit - they and their supporters were in their branded yellow and black kit too.
  • Options
    Well done girls

Love Jools