Options

Posive and slender club 21st Oct

Comments

• Options
    Morning all fitties

well done Michelle-
    dragged myself out for a W**k this morning and it tippled down -but I quite enjoyed being out in it

I'm still feeling elated after yesterdays stride for life as I got round in 1hr19min - I was hoping to do (w**k) it in under 2 hours so i'm feeling tired but inspired!

can I ask you racers- do many people w**k in the races you enter- I'm thinking about looking out for slow/fun 10ks that I can enter to get my speed up?
    Anyone got any opinions -or better still know anything about fitness walk events (not racewalks cos I have not perfected my waddle!)

ps is it just me or does monday bring out the worst in people on some of the other threads!

stay fit and friendly!
  • Options
    GlennGlenn ✭✭✭
    Bune, loads of people walked in the 10k I entered the Sunday before last, and a similar proportion of a much smaller field in the 1/2 marathon yesterday.

Sad to say that some of the threads turned rapidly down hill on Saturday. No idea what's going on, but I don't like it.
  • Options
    mmm

I'm going to be careful what I post - have got an impish SOH -or so I think - and I generally find most people to be supportive /interesting/amusing - but I think its time to be careful

VERY much appreciate all the help/support/info and especially inspiration I have received and read in the short time i've been addicted to the forums!
  • Options
    Bune, please come to Brighton! "You'll ne-ever walk alone....."
  • Options
    GlennGlenn ✭✭✭
    Hi Sassie. Nice to know someone is still around.
  • Options
    Benz is feeling too guilty about the lack of exercise to post.
    She would like to pass on congratulations to you all, especially sassie, for their wonderful effforts this weekend and today
  • Options
    GlennGlenn ✭✭✭
    What happened to positive (or posive)?
  • Options
    dont understand that word
  • Options
    GlennGlenn ✭✭✭
    Well please let Benz know that we miss her very much and hope she's allowed to come out and play soon. We've also looked up her time for the GNR and realised that, despite her protestations, she's one really nippy hippo.
  • Options
    I'm still about Glenn... and will be for some time... got a document to have in the states by 8pm Eastern Time (1am our time).

Might not bother going home at all.
  • Options
    Hi All

Any one like to top my day? I have just sat through a three hour presentation on 'Hot topics in VAT' The highlight of which was a court case over M&S chocolate cup cakes.

Had to have large slice of apple cake just to get through second half. I think my no drinking resolution will be sorely tested tonight as such a situation vertually demands red wine.

Well done Sassie, oh by the way check out the Christmas cracker 10k in worthing thread. It's on a saturday, woman only and you can do the 5k if you don't want to do the full monty.

Benz's aquaintance, tell benz we all have those days :-)

Gordon, why don't you book fiancee and girly friend in to spa for the day then take her out for a nice meal in evening, hence able to do suicide six.

this message is long enough now :-)
  • Options
    GlennGlenn ✭✭✭
    Haven't you told your employers where to stick their job yet? Maybe you could email me to let me know who they are so I make a point of avoiding them in the future.
  • Options
    Bune,

The two races I hve done, HM and 8 miles there were walkers from the 1st mile :-)
  • Options
    Hmmm... Josie, you may be on to a great idea there. We are going to be in Nottingham and one of her best friends has recently had a baby so in need of some pampering...

See Glenn... thems the kind of ideas we need.

• Options
    Glenn... not yet. As soon as I tell them where to stick their job I'll tell you on here who they are.
  • Options
    GlennGlenn ✭✭✭
    Sorry Josie, that message was for Gordon. I'm sure your empoyers are wonderful people, especially if they let you attend exciting presentations like that!
  • Options
    I went to turkish baths on my birthday with my sisters in law. Had a fantastic time for £50
  • Options
    As I am my employer Glenn thank you very much for your support :-)
  • Options
    GlennGlenn ✭✭✭
    Ah Josie, so you attended the presentation for fun? You too must be an accountant.
  • Options
    I was lured there under false pretences, I am indeed an accountant although very loath to admit to it amongst such impressive life savers such as V Rap and Benz :-). I thought it would enlighten me to the new way to account for VAT. No such luck but good cake tho.
  • Options
    Well off I go to be sociable to Mr J and NOT DRINK. I have bought lots of lemons to have hot lemon and honey. I just imagine the whiskey :-(

Bye all

JJ
  • Options
    Hello all
    Wow what a long thread today, well I'm gonna make it considerably longer....
    Most of you sound as though you managed at least some exersize this week! Unlike me, good on yah!
    I spent all day sunday lyin on the sofa, feeling guilty with a bad hangover.
    Think I ate as much as you Wild Will. Takeaways (plural), cake, sweets etc but also major over indulgence on the beer....well celebrating really as let everyone know that the Mrs is expecting the 3rd sprog. Yipee (we must be mad)and its a good exscuse for not doing the FLM (disapointed about that really) as it is due late April.
    Plus had to take my brother out clubbing on Saturday night to 'counsel' him over his up and coming divorce. This involved lager, bitter, aftershock and tequila slammers!
    In fact the only exersize I got all weekend was dancing with wild women later that night!
    Here's to a 'quiet' week.
  • Options
    Glad your entering into having the 3rd sprog in a mature and responsible way... going out on the lash with your brother and dancing the night away with loose women... well done BBB, I'm proud of you (but if Mrs McKirdy ever hears about it I will of course shake my head, tut, and mutter "some people huh, they just don't take anything seriously")
  • Options
    Well of course Mrs BBB knows that I really spent the night in a quiet corner of a pub having a serious chinwag with my Bro about his future!....(Honest)
  • Options
    Oh Poo!
    Just burnt the tea reading your entry EP
    will have to tell the mrs its smoky mushroom flavour pasta!!
    Keep your chin up EP.... cheddars and bountie and left over curry doesn't half make yah feel better doesnt it!
  • Options
    Hey she didnt even notice, told her the black bits were finely choped porcini mushrooms! (not that we have any..but she would only know whats in the freezer).
  • Options
    Oh dear.. have eaten syrup sponge and custard (lashing of it.. the one with fresh cream from M&S), and have also eaten 2 hot cross buns too!! Don't know what's wrong with me tonight.. well it's only fuel isn't it, I needed it all to restock from my 8 mile run this morning!! Pixie - d'you reckon syrup is a fruit?? Must be!!
    M xx