Friday 27th June

2»

Comments

• Options
    afternoon all

just on quickly - will check thread in full later

been raining here since mid-morning

what: 4 x 1 mile off 1/3rd mile recoveries

why: Friday session which I can fit in before doing U13 cricket coaching (weather permitting)

last hard day: Tue
    last rest day: Thu
  • Options
    Hello Mike, yes it's raining here too. I am as usual innapropriately dressed in crop top and skirt with splits up to the thighs, seemed like a good idea this morning.
  • Options
    4 x 1000m @ 5k pace on treadmill, with 400m jog recoveries.

Why? Can't sulk forever about disappointing time at Blackpool, got other races to train for -

Also did deep stretches routine as hamstrings shamefully tight thru neglect, and did upper body weights routine.

• Options
    Hmmm.. - pm bike ride is looking unlikely as it's pi**ing down.

Good to have you back Monique.

Speedie - the bike is not serious, just a nice way of exercising in summer.

Drew, how long have you been running seriously? One of the fastest runners in South Yorks is an ex competitive cyclist who has been running about 5 years.
  • Options
    drewdrew ✭✭✭
    BR, been running seriously for about 3 years. My last bike race was in the mid 1980's, although I never really stopped cycling, getting out 2 or 3 times per month. Don't like riding in the rain though as I've had too many crashes caused by wet roads.
  • Options
    Afternoon all

Well, I never did get out on my bike yesterday, but quite glad in the end as today I feel tired.
    What: Pilates class and 600m swim
    Why: active rest day
    Last hard: should have been Mon but Wed felt pretty hard too
    Last rest: Sun
  • Options
    thank you very much Drew. I will do that.
  • Options
    Active recovery day

What : easy Swim - 30 mins - 5 x 250m + push & glide drills
    Whay : I've got a very back and blue calf

Last Rest Day: Mon
    Last Hard Run: Tues
    Last Long Run: Tues
    Last Hard Day: Thurs

Have a good n
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Stickless-hope the sickness goes away soon! As for my back it's a congenital problem, but made worse by wear and tear! Running does agrivate it occasionally like now. I've got it under control most of the time with this being the first time in over a year I've had a problem. I think triggered by new trainers! It is normally ok after a few days as long as I listen to it from the first sign of stiffness, otherwise I'm likely to be flat on the floor because it goes into comlete painful spasms-AGONY!!

PM-the above is the reason I know to be sensible, I've tried running through it in the past.

Anyhow, pleased to say only a slight twinge on my right side without painkillers, so a little jog in the morning to test it out.

Good luck all weekend racers!!
  • Options
    mile interval session went as follows (1st & 3rd efforts slightly against the wind):

1 mile in 5:55½ ; 1/3 mile recovery in 2:39½
    1 mile in 5:47½ ; 1/3 recovery in 2:45
    1 mile in 5:50½ ; 1/3 recovery in 2:45½
    1 mile in 5:40½

Total length of session: 31:25
    HR finished at 175.

Again, quite pleased with that one. The mile times are still improving.
    Again ran faster when tired! Probably a combination of a) muscular co-ordination having got used to the legspeed by the time of the later efforts b) not straining for speed - just concentrating on maintaining form and leg cadence.

Mark - 66 mins on a hilly course is a great effort. Well done.

Hope the back sorts itself out over the next few days Hilly.
  • Options
    What - nothing.

I missed you Monique