Options

The Wanna Blista Social Club.

Comments

• Options
    Great performances from Stockport at the 'Round the Resers' 5 miler.

Stockport Ladies won 1st team prize
    Stockport Men won 2nd team prize
    Len Best won 1st V55
    Kerrie wood won 1st L40
    Anne William won 1st L35
    Liz turton won 1st L50
    Ben Gregory won 2nd V50
    MGNT won 2nd L45
    Janet Booker won 2nd L50

Stockport Results (out of 130 runners)

7th Len Best 29.48
    20th GBM 31.45
    24th Ben Gregory 31.59
    25th Dean Loxam 32.01
    33rd TST 33.24
    39th Kerrie Wood 33.50
    43rd Helen Hudson 34.00
    72nd Kwaka 37.22
    78th David Turton 37.59
    84th Anne William 38.17
    88th Liz Turton 38.48
    99th MGNT 40.54
    114th Janet Booker 44.14
  • Options
    Forgot to mention the highlight of the evening was the people in charge of registration allowed me to have the number 68!!!!!
  • Options
    Also!! The woman on the registration desk who gave me the number 68 (very prim and proper looking and in her fifties) made some comment to the woman next to her which was something along the lines of "at least he didn't ask for a 69!"
  • Options
    Well odne evryone last night - I'm jealous!
  • Options
    I'm also half asleep - I meant - well done everyone!
  • Options
    What GBM did not mention was last night was his first running prize, as fourth counter in mens team.
    He said he was building a trophy cabinet for it. Where else would you put a bottle of wine.

Minnie - I now have your cold, feel rubbish and I blame you.
  • Options
    TST--Oi! 2nd Counter!!
  • Options
    GBM - well done! One day you'll be 1st counter!!
  • Options
    Great running ressers team.

Just back from a hectic warm weather training 'camp' in Ibiza - 30oC - cycling, small amount of running, far too much walking, swimming and a session in the 'outdoor gym' near Ibiza town.

I think we should arrange a larger team camp later in the year...

Dont the youth of today listen to some rubbish music..
  • Options
    KwakaKwaka ✭✭✭
    Bet you've realy missed the weather Isaac.

Just been told of a hill race on Sun 8th July. The Bollington Nostalgia Hill Race.

7 miler starting from the Drop-In Centre, Bollington.

Heres the info copied from the application form:
    "A 7.11mile run, multi-terrain on road, pasture, high moorland (1200ft climb) and canal towpath in the beautiful countryside around Bollington. Age 16 and over only. Suggested preferred footwear: trail running shoes. Course partially marked and marshalled."

It looks like its an FRA race. £5 on the day entry. Let me know if you want me to e-mail you the details.
  • Options
    morticiamorticia ✭✭✭
    The Slug's gonna get a beatingUnless it rains we'll be over-heating
    He'll only win by cheating
    You won't hear me do any bleatingCos I'll be doing the defeating
    I can't wait for our meeting
    Any joy for him will be fleetingI'll still give him a cheery greeting
    And despite putting on weight I'll still win and at least having a fat arse makes for comfortable seating

Oh dear- school run...

La la la la la la......
  • Options
    DazTheSlugDazTheSlug ✭✭✭
    mort - did GBM write that for you? it's very good!
    I'm all of a lob...
    my legs are raring to go though...
    See you soon...
  • Options
    morticiamorticia ✭✭✭
    Daz- I wrote it myself actually, although GBM is my muse. I even bought some nail varnish earlier which matches his car perfectly.

I tell you Slug- I definitely mean business this evening. I have only had 2 peanut butter kit-kats today. That's how seriously I am taking our battle. You stand no chance, even with your fancy KM interval things you've been banging on about on the fun runners thread.
  • Options
    DazTheSlugDazTheSlug ✭✭✭
    buying nail-varnish, writing rap-poems and eating kit-kats...
    ...Yep! they're all mentioned in Kelly Holmes' chapter on race preparation.

I have made a really firm decision to ensure that I start my watch properly at the beginning of the race - that's how seriously I'm taking it!
  • Options
    morticiamorticia ✭✭✭
    Daz- I hope you have selected an effective battle outfit. My hair is purple at the moment, and I am going to dress all in black, with lots of eye-liner. I have decided that the gothic ninja look will work well for me this evening.
  • Options
    DazTheSlugDazTheSlug ✭✭✭
    I was going to have a shave last night (for extra aerodynamic advantage) but forgot, so I will be going for the "smelly old tramp" look.

I've just realised that I have no T-shirt in my kit-bag. I have only packed a single vest. I normally give myself a choice of several tops - this is an ill omen (have you been sticking pins in that voodoo doll of me?)
    Still, at least I remembered a vest, otherwise I'd be running in my work shirt!
  • Options
    DazTheSlugDazTheSlug ✭✭✭
    Oh excellent, it's started raining!

It piddled down at Christleton when I set my current PB, and I always hark back to Saint Paula's 10k track record in Munich which was run in similar conditions...
  • Options
    morticiamorticia ✭✭✭
    But it's already stopped here in Disley.
    )o;

I need to beat 24:16 I think for a PB. I did 2 Sizzlers last year in 24:16. (each, obviously!)
  • Options
    DazTheSlugDazTheSlug ✭✭✭
    I did 24:22 at Christleton, and am hoping for sub-24 tonight - maybe we could skip across the finishing line together, holding hands, both clocking 23:59? Deal?
  • Options
    issac dont u dare critisise todays popular music its ace u pig:(
  • Options
    Toto - who said the old music was any good, yellow brick road, alarm, smiths, I could go one but i am in a foul mood and would possibly list everything from chopin to arctic monkees
  • Options
    well sed sorta tst but dont dis yellow brick rd an y u in a bad mood as sue made u tidy the house up or sumthin??
    :)
  • Options
    Toto - I've just spent the last couple of days listening to what I can only describe as 'electronic garbage' played very loudly, you don't know when one track has finished and the next one started and there are no lyrics.
  • Options
    KwakaKwaka ✭✭✭
    GBM - ST & I are doing Tideswell. Going to set off at 6ish as we've got to pick up toto from Disley. Registration is from 7:15 & race starts at 7:45.

Think Im going to give the track a miss as Ive had two hard sessions in two days.

I'm also giving the Kinder scouting mission a miss on Sat, but will either do the Bakewell Pudding on Sun or just go out for an easy longish run. 10-12
  • Options
    I'm just thinking about TST's Arctic Monkees concept. They could release songs such as 'I bet you look good on the last train to Clarksville' for example.

Sizzlers may have turned into Drizzlers tonight.
  • Options
    Cheers for the run tonight, Isaac (and Len!) - just what I needed- feeling much better now.

J8 - we're on weather watch for Saturday - if it's hissing it down we may change dates - but hopefully it'll be fine! Better get M6 to check his GPS!
  • Options
    Kwaka - what time is the Bakewell Pudding race on Sunday? it's a nice run - we did it a few years ago.
  • Options
    Anyone out tomorrow about 5ish, or any time really. Minnie,Pg,J8, Mr S, Isaaac
  • Options
    Hundreds of Offy 10k leaflets handed out out the Sizzler tonight and a lot of positive feedback. I'm beginning to get worried that too many people will turn up!! The bloke on the PA mentioned our race on a couple of occassions also.

Some good peformances from a good Stockport turnout. Mike Shaw finished strongly to pip Colin on the line and JMC ran well also.

Daz V Morticia Result--

1) Morticia
    2) Daz

Minnie6--I've just seen the weather forecast for Saturday morning and it's not good. Not the sort of weather we want to be going up Kinder in. Shall we cancel and do it some other time and go for the usual Sunday morning run instead? If we are cancelling it then i will do the Tideswell FR tomorrow night. Weather forecast is excellent.