Options

Oh the wait...

Comments

• Options

Got my fleece, yesterday, first time entering and am disappointed, it would have been a huge challenge.

I don't want to have to enter 5 times before I get in -I'll be nearly 50!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and really think I'd struggle to get up to the figures for the golden bond places.

Mind could go for a club place if my friend gets in, if she doesn't we're going to look for a nice 1/2 marathon in the spring to break us in a bit more gently - any ideas (one with a decent amount of people, so we won't get tempted into running too fast)

• Options

Hi Strawberry Jam

I did the Silverstone Half this year (April)  and really enjoyed it. Enough people to slow you down and well organised.

Managed to get under 2 hours and if you`re into motorsports it`s quite a thrill to run on the circuit.

• Options

Moscow Flyer you've got my hopes up!  Still nothing my end in terms of bank account or post activity.  I got an email yesterday from MIND saying people should know by the beginning of next week so maybe acceptances are coming out later...

Strawberry Jam if you want a nice half I went to Toronto last year to do their Waterfront Half Marathon (also offer a full) and it was fantastic.  Flat course, friendly people, not too busy and it was an affordable trip especially if you book flights, hotel etc yourself rather than through one of these running tour companies.  No problems getting a place in the race either.  You've just missed it for this year but would thoroughly recommend it as one for the future and a great holiday to boot!

• Options

Bah

Still no sign of postie or news of any successful applications

Will have to go and do my run

Is it me or is it really cold out there?

Will have to wear my gloves for the first time since last March

Bye

• Options

Oooooooooooohhhhhhhhhh!

Postie's van is at the bottom of the street.........

Have to wait

• Options

Srawb Jam - did Hinckley in May last year - and its a very scenic and friendly race.  Could have done without the 28 degree heat - but hopefully cooler in 2009.  image

• Options

No mag and no fleece yesterday. Wife is working from home today. Awaiting phone call. Darn this suspense!!!!

Went to the running club last night. Lots of glum faces wearing fleeces. At least they were warm....image

• Options
    Come on Begsie put us out of our misery!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options

Bahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

The black magazine with the 'It's not over yet!' has hit the carpet.

I feel as gutted as James Cracknell on the cover.

One final hope is my club's entry!!

Here's hoping

• Options

i am soooooooooooooooo nervous right now . my postie doesnt come till around 11. i just know its gonna be a rejection. has anyone in the bristol area heard anything yet? i wonder if they send out to different parts of the country first or if they all just go at the same time.

strawberry jam - reading is a good half to do in march. lots of crowds, and a really cool stadium finish in the madjeski football stadium! you feel like a champion!!

• Options
    I have seen one acceptance so far today!
  • Options

Got my fleece yesterday, second rejection in a row.  image  Considering Edinburgh now..

Good luck to all those waiting to hear.

• Options

Just got my acceptance in the post - nothing for my wife either way.

• Options
    Does anyone know if the overseas ballot also comes in the post?
  • Options
    Does anyone know if the overseas ballot also comes in the post?
  • Options
    well done jonny leeds. my postie has been and still nothing for myself or my husband image
  • Options
    I'm still waiting .......... arghhhhhh!
  • Options

Got a place this morning - first time ever success through the ballot!

Mrs 40 still waiting for her news...

• Options

Hi Guys,

Just found this thread and glad i'm not the only one swaeting it out.. Still not sure what i'll do if the missus gets in and I don't .. can i take her place if she has an "accident"?image

• Options
    Just had my rejection through! So I'm off to Edinburgh instead.
  • Options
    billukbilluk ✭✭✭
    Wheezing Ex Smoker wrote (see)

Hi Guys,

Just found this thread and glad i'm not the only one swaeting it out.. Still not sure what i'll do if the missus gets in and I don't .. can i take her place if she has an "accident"?image

I guess if you're covered in a fancy dress (like Running for Rhinos) then no one will be any the wiser!

In fact that sounds like a good idea - all I need to do now is find someone with a place........

• Options
    billuk wrote (see)
    Wheezing Ex Smoker wrote (see)

Hi Guys,

I guess if you're covered in a fancy dress (like Running for Rhinos) then no one will be any the wiser!

In fact that sounds like a good idea - all I need to do now is find someone with a place........

Look for the runner with a stupid grin plastered all over their lucky face when you're out for a run this evening..

Mind you, you'll have to follow them home first and rifle through their bins first to sucessfully steal their identity for race day..  have i given this too much thought? 

I think most normal people's opinion must be that we're nuts.. sweating it out over a race entry..

• Options
    yes, my colleagues look at me with a "she's so sad/pathetic" expression on their face
  • Options

YYYEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!! imageimageimage

I'm in on my third attempt!!

I got home today to a mag face down on the floor, started to panic with excitement but with a cold sweat for fear of rejection again... 

Ripped the plastic open like an excited kid at christmas then felt like Charlie finding the golden ticket... I see the words Acceptence form!! I'M IN...

I'm now running around like the cheshire cat...

The hard training starts here!!

Sorry for all the others that have been rejected and wish you all luck in the other marathons you enter.

I'm well happy but scared at the same time!!?

• Options

hey glynn well done thats great!

please tell me you live near weston-super-mare and mine is also on the way?!?!?

• Options

I haven't got in and neither has the Missus image

Just gotta question to ask, do you get a code or something so if you get rejected 5 times I can get in the 6th year?

First year of trying to get in and im not sure how it works!

• Options

Sorry, West London so we'll be seeing a few happy Londoners on here tonight.

YES YES YES I'M IN, I can't believe it... image

• Options

I applied for a charity spot last month, and this line was in the email they sent me:

"If you do not hear on the 1st October about your ballot result you can find out by calling the London Marathon team on 020 7902 0200"

For those still waiting try the number, let us know if you get an answer.

• Options
    I'm in on the 5 times rejected basis. I knew I was in but it's still so exciting to get the letter today to confirm it!!!!
  • Options
    Just rang the number above, they said they do not have access to info until 8th Oct. CAn I just ask has anybody who didn't bequeath their entry money had a rejection yet?