Options

Blackberry Storm

I need some technical help please peeps....

Have a Storm smartphone, have various music and stuff on it, for whatever reason today I have no sound whatsover. Phone doesn't ring, only vibrates, don't get text message alert, just vibrates. If I try to play music it physically shows that the music is there, but won't play, says its in an unsupported format!!

Everything was working fine and dandy two days ago!

Have done all the obvious things like checking settings for volume etc etc, have switched it off and back on again, taken the battery out and put back. No software updates are needed on it....

Any help or ideas would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    I don't have a Storm so can't help specifically but have you searched any of the Cackberrry forums for advice?? was useful for some early issues with my Pearl.....
  • Options

Sounds like somehow you have set it to "silent"..... if you have then you can play with the volume settings until hell freezes over and nothing will change.

• Options

Battery pull usually sorts most probs. As does soft reset, like if you pres caps, alt & del at same time. May have to wipe and re-install OS. image Is desktop manager working ok, and have you tried a different media card in it?

Try your carrier? My BB carrier have helpful geeks image when I contact them with numpty questions. Have you changed your plan recently - it's just my curve threw a wobbly when my plan changed and I had to phone up and get them to re-set my account.

Sorry I can't offer much help - know how frustrating it can be - mine crashes every time I try and play a youtube vid for some reason..

• Options
    I think what you've done is bought a device that is beyond you're technical capabilities.  Two options, learn to live with it only half working, and pretend you prefer it set that way if anyone at work notices.  Second option may be easier, that's have a kid and when they are 6 then give them the phone with no instructions and it will be working fine in 3 minutes.
  • Options
    MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭
    Apparently they're about to release a special version of the Blackberry specially designed for senior citizens ... it's called the Elderberry.
  • Options

D74: my youngest did that, within minutes of being given my old phone (age 8 and 1 month) she'd taken a photo, added a heart shaped rose photo frame and a caption...I had no  idea I could add frames to photos

Muttley: LOL

Tiggers: You've broken it image

• Options

Tiggers, have a look at Crackberry , someone in the forums there will definitely know. I used to have a Curve myself. Sounds very much like either it needs a software update, is a dud or the profiles are set to vibrate.

Are the MP3s from iTunes? It may be that they're protected and won't play on a BB. You've done the battery pull so thats not it. I'd post it in the Crackberry forums and see what comes back. PM me if you need to. Good luck  image

Ps. Nice bit of kit by the way

• Options

Thank you guys. For whatever reason a second battery pull seems to of sorted it!image

Mp3's are from Itunes and working again image

D74 you are most probably right about my technical abilities! I am but a Tigger...

Muttley I may well need a link to that......image

Kwilter... I fixed it too!!

I will keep the crackberry site as a favourite I can see some more visits to that site in the not too distant future.image

• Options
    I'm glad it's working again for you image
  • Options
    Thanks Smiley!