Options

10k or 5 mile runs in Staffordshire

Hi.

I ran my first ever fun run/race yesterday. it was the JCB 5 at Rocester. I thoroughly enjoyed it, such a sense of achievement and was fab being part of such a great atmosphere.

I really want to do more races to improve confidence at events before taking part in the Great North Run (was shaking with nerves/excitement before we set off!!, good nerves though if that makes sense) and also to get some mileage on the clock. Can anybody suggest any that i could take part in?

It'd be fab if you could reply.

Thanks,

Rachel

x

Comments

• Options

Hi Rachel

Glad you enjoyed dipping your toe in the water!! Does not normally rain that much in a race....honest!

Why not try the link below to my club Trentham and have a look at the diary and go in the "links" to get somemore clubs up,

I dont know where you are from but Trentham has got loads of ladies of all abilities and is a cracking atmosphere,

Hope this is useful to you.

http://www.trenthamrunningclub.co.uk

• Options

Well done on your first race Rachel. Not exactly a "race", but you may enjoy On your Marks for Little Hearts 10K in Shugborough on October 11th. You'll find all the details at http://www.lhm.org.uk/

D

• Options

Brill thankyou eric. i'll have a look at that website. Im looking to join a club too so that might be an option. is it Trentham thats stoke way on? Im near Uttoxeter (not born and bred from here though hence the probably daft sounding question!!)

I couldnt believe just how much it rained! in a way though i preffered that to blistering heat for my first one!

• Options
    Thankyou welshman!! Ill check that out. Sounds like a nice run to do, and for a good cause too.
  • Options

.. and it's walking distance from my house so I'll be there.  I think my family have ideas about me doing the run and then taking them for lunch in one of the restaurants in Great Haywood. lol

Well I suppose we have to encourage our entourages don't we image

D