Options

In Need of a Training Partner

Just moved into Aldershot area and am looking for a training partner. Anyone out there? Have applied for FLM (1st time!). Have completed two half marathons this year but over the last couple of months my mileage has slipped!! Need to someone to join me for the dark nights and of course company and motivation!! Call Alison 01252 331499.

Comments

• Options
    Hi, sorry I cant help I live in London, but am also looking for a training partner. If anyone lives in the wimbledon area or works in the city and needs someone to run with please give me a shout.
  • Options
    hi alison,
    i live in salisbury and would love to have a training partner - but maybe we're too far apart? anyone else on here from salisbury? also i'm pretty slow averaging 10-11minute miles. i've only done 5k race for life up till now but am considering whether to do the brighton 10k next month - i can't make my mind up!
  • Options
    Also looking for a training partner in West St Albans area, but for a very very slow beginner
  • Options
    Zoe I live in raynes park and could do with some one to run with occasionally, I am around 9.5 to 10 min miler over long distances
  • Options
    Also looking for a training partner for my first FLM, however, in the Yateley/Bracknell area. Approx 9.5 to 10 min miles...
  • Options
    Seems there are lots of women looking for training partners - me too! I live in Richmond and work in London, so if there's anyone that fancies a run home after work in the general direction of Richmond, I'd love to hear from you. (Some of the way - or the whole way?! - not sure how far it is, but don't fancy finding out on my own in the dark.)
  • Options
    Me too - need someone to help the dark night's motivation.
    Ipswich area.
    Beginner, first 5K this summer, and waiting to hear about FLM.
    I'd love to hear from you if you would like to help with a training partner.
  • Options
    Karen

If you fancy some company around richmond park some time drop me a line.
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Amy,
    Not to far from you (Hook) , but my long runs take me along the A30 towards Blackbushe airport, and I usually run down towards the new houses at Elevtham Heath.

Admittedly I'm a bit quicker than 9-10 min/miles (I'm 7.5-8 min miles for long runs) but if you want a bit of company for a couple of miles mid run, that'll be fine.
    If not maybe we'll meet up at some pre FLM races (I'll be doing Bramley,Fleet and probably Camberley)
    Hope you get in, if I don't I'll run Rotterdam which is the same day.

I think my e mail is enabled so feel free to drop me a line...
    There are a few local runners of mixed pace who did the recent Fleet 10k (slomo,tallbird,bk)

:D
  • Options
    me too training for flm....i'm in cambridge and do about 8 min/mile. hoping to get faster though. (though don't know if i'll succeed!)
    just realised this looks a bit like a lonely hearts column!

• Options
    I've posted a request for a running partner on the Sisters Network, does anyone know of other places that might be able to help?

Still don't feel ready to brave St Albans Striders yet, but I did manage 20 minutes non-stop running yesterday so I'm pleased ot be making (slow) progress. 30 mins three times a week by Christmas is my goal - currently about 12 minute miles but will speed up for sure.
  • Options
    Any of you guys in London - the serpentine running club has a social run in Hyde park on wednesday nights, see the website, www.serpentine.org.uk. You don't have to join (but you can if you want), everyone's really friendly and it's a good place to meet other people who might be ideal running partners on other nights, especially as it's horrible and dark at the mo! Well worth going to!
  • Options
    I run with Brighton & Hove Running Sisters, if anyone wants to join us we meet on a Thursday evening at 7pm We are a group of mixed abilities, if you want to know more drop me a email or leave a message on here.
  • Options
    I've got my place for the FLM - "PANIC". Anyone in Poole/Bournemouth area, I need a training partner especially for those Long slow runs, fed up with talking to myself.

For any complete beginners (Ladies only)I run a club night on Mondays which is part of the women's running network (see www.womensrunningnetwork.co.uk)The WRN has several groups nationwide.
  • Options
    I'm in the Cambridge area and would love a training partner, although I think I'm a bit too slow for Fluffa...I think I run about a 9-10min/mile. Send me an email !!!
  • Options
    Anybody out there care to join a sad, disillusioned runner in the Rainham (Essex) area? Local club evenings too early for me to get to and prefer early morning runs at weekends. After a bit of a break, really need to get back out on the road but now I'm lacking a marathon place I feel somewhat lost.
  • Options
    I'm just west of Cambridge, around 9 min mile (except today - more like 12, but it was 12 miles). Got my place this morning.

• Options
    Hiya...gonna jump on the bandwagon and also ask for a running partner in Brockwell Park / Tulse Hill area....I'm training for the FLM but it will be my first so aiming for 4:30ish.
  • Options
    DITTO!

I'm looking for a training partner near Hampstead Heath. I work shifts so my training times are a bit scatty but if there's anyone out there who lives in the area and would like to meet up a couple of times a week give me a shout.
    Helen

PS ~ I'm looking to finish FLM in 4 hours or 4:30
  • Options
    I live in Cambridge and am hoping for 3:45. I know a few other FLM2003 Cambridgites and would like to get many of us together for training and mutual support - especially for the Feb/March long runs. If interested, send me an email...
  • Options
    Running the FLM dreaming of a sub 4:30. Pretty slow 10 minute miler living in Harpenden. Would like someone to run with
  • Options
    Sorry about that first message, slip of the mouse
  • Options
    If anyone is in the Edinburgh area and wants to take a run sometime (I'm aiming for 4h15-4h30..mebbe a bit longer) gimme a yell...
  • Options
    Minimum bribe level 3 turnips?

Oh hold on, I don't want to price myself out the market.
  • Options
    hoping to get a golden bond place for the flm. even if i am not successful would appreciate a running partner. live in northenden manchester.
  • Options
    I keep thinking of alternating between the Get You Round group or the sub-5 hour. I run at about 11-12 mins per mile (but hoping to improve with all the training). I live in Bolton, Lancashire. Is anybody there?
  • Options
    Hi Munchkin

i was beginning to think there were only southerners out there!! I'm from Bolton too,
    I'm aiming for 4.30 this time.
  • Options
    Hi everone. Anyone in the Luton area who could train with me. I'm a beginner, running 10min miles at the moment, but times coming down.
  • Options
    Hi Barbara

Good to hear from a 'Local'. I hope your training is going well, I seem to be on track at the moment. Have you done the FLM before? You sound much quicker than me so probably training together is not an option as I would probably be too slow for you. I am wearing a path up and down Chorley New Road!!