Options

Christmas Day Run

2»

Comments

• Options
    Hopefully late afternoon early evening, but just a short one. Maybe just 2 miles.
  • Options
    XKXK ✭✭✭
    Always like a really early one on Christmas day as it is the quietest run of the whole year, the whole country is still asleep and the roads and lanes are guaranteed to be empty. It's really magical.
  • Options
    Definately running Christmas day - 8 miles of trails which are just dead for the whole day but look amazing if we get a bit of snow or a heavy frost. Can't wait!
  • Options
    With 3 kids under 10 not a hope!
  • Options
    Yes!!!! I will be running early xmas day...and my running club doing 6miles on boxing day..which I dont know if I will make..if I do I hope my hangover isnt to bad..been working hard this year..so its one day to let my trainers take a wee break(big maybe)..but will probably do a small run xmas day..depends on WEATHER..as its all white here at present...

MERRY RUNNING TO ALLXXXX
  • Options
    i'le be out earlyish (9),blow the cobwebs away,then not feeling guilty whatever i consume for the rest of the day
  • Options
    I always will ru on Xmas day before my turkey.Hopefull No Snow will stop me as I dress up as Santa for a laugh-10miles on my own in Sleaford,Lincsimage
  • Options
    et it wont be this early Speedyimageimage
  • Options

I shall run up the hill (533m) once I have the turkey in the oven. This is my regular Christmas run. I'm really looking forward to it as I have had a stress fracture and haven't run for 6 weeks (so it will be slow!). There is not much snow down here in the valley, but there will be plenty on top so it should be nice and soft.

I don't think I'll be up to the Boxing Day fell race though!

• Options
    Happy xmas everyone. Am hoping to get out there on xmas day weather permitting and depending on whether I drive home xmas eve or on the morning. if not will try and get out Boxing day. Always try and make it out.
  • Options

Yes

Hopefully get a run in early in the morning, as there's no chance after about 10.30am.

• Options

I wouldn't dare! My husband thinks I run too much as it is [ are there *any* non-runners that don't think we runners do too much?] and I can't afford a decent divorce lawyer so soon after Christmas! image 

Fortunately I'm actually on a rest week in my training schedule and it's just easy 5 milers, so I've just swapped the days around so I do my easy 5 on boxing day [which I'll do early in the morning as he sleeps off the previous days turkey fest image]

I also have the excuse of going out to test drive the new Garmin forerunner 60 Santa is bringing me this Christmas image 

• Options
    Mrs Penguin, my hubby wouldn't dare stop me. he knows how grumpy I will be! Actually he will no doubt still be in bed when I go! Like the plan for Boxing day image
  • Options
    JWrunJWrun ✭✭✭

Well i would like to i've not been able to get out for a week now cos of the ice image but i will be at my folks who live up the road from a great big park so on christmas day come hell or high water I will get down to the park and do a few laps on christmas morning, Lovely!

• Options

I'm very much looking forward to my traditional Christmas Eve celebrations - getting leathered in the pub with my brother (fresh over from Canada) while dad's at midnight mass, then we all meet up about 1.30am for present opening and Christmas supper!  So I won't be in any fit state for a run on Christmas day morning, but given that I've normally slept off the turkey, pudding and alcohol excesses by early evening (if I make it through to the Technicolor section of Wizard of Oz, I'm doing well.  Wake me up when the blue monkeys are on...) I may well step out on Boxing Day.

• Options
    I may do, but it'd only be 20 minutes or so, I have a 5k race on Boxing Day image
  • Options
     Plan to get out as early as poss( 9 ish )  and  do 3-4 miles with my stepson -  weather & o/h dependant and then i will do my duty and cook xmas dinner while she entertains daughter and grandson . Then its a huge dinner and my own bottle of baileys and a snooze on the couch . Perfect
  • Options
    I'll be doing 3 miles slow on Chrimbo Day, I'd run further but I have a race on Boxing Day, hence the short, slow run.  I hope to be out the door by 07:00, or earlier if the child wakes up at stupid 'o' clock.
  • Options
    No not Christmas day, however I also have a 10K race on Boxing day.
  • Options
    Yes, I will. I'll be at work starting at 7 in the morning and I reckon nobody else will be daft enough to want the treadmill in the gym on Christmas morn. Too icy to run outside. I should be able to get a good sesh in before stuffing my face with turkey in the canteen at lunchtime image
  • Options
    I did my first ever Christmas day run this year. Only 3 miles, 1st thing in the morning.
    Saw so many Robins! Peaceful and perfect.
    Set me up for the day.
  • Options
    Promised I would so I did - only a 2mile token run as recovering from the sick bug, it was dark & I ran with a friend who had only got jeans with her.... but it was a run. image
  • Options
    I missed both of mine as I had a bad sore throat and it was still too icy image Made it out on Sunday though and it was oh so hard image Arbies and CCC, good on you both for making it out there.
  • Options

I stayed with my parents over christmas.  The pavements were all iced over and "polished" with rain.  Could barely stand, let alone walk or run.

However, on christmas morning, there were no cars on the main (and gritted) roads, so I took advantage, went out and ran down the middle of the local A roads.  Great fun.  Boxing Day race cancelled due to ice.

Both parents had horrendous colds, I now have a tickly throat and bloody marathon training schedule starts next Monday.  Fantastic.

• Options
    Good luck with the marathon training Artie. Hope it goes well. Yep i was meant to start mine a few weeks ago and I was ill at the time too. Grr!
  • Options
    Thanks Sarah, "exposure" occured nearly a week ago, so I am hoping its not going to get much worse.  Does the immune system work better with a diet high in alcohol, roast meats, fruit cake, thorntons chocolates and cashew nuts?